armor spikes

jonrog1

First Post
Hey all, quick question I couldn't resolve from the FAQ. Do we think armor spikes ADD to unarmed damage in a grapple or REPLACE unarmed damage in a grapple. The description of the equipement says "extra" damage, so I'm leaning toward the former.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
jonrog1 said:
Hey all, quick question I couldn't resolve from the FAQ. Do we think armor spikes ADD to unarmed damage in a grapple or REPLACE unarmed damage in a grapple. The description of the equipement says "extra" damage, so I'm leaning toward the former.

We think that it adds, cause of the extra damage.

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
It's extra damage when used in a grapple. Outside of a grapple they're treated as light weapons.

A Fighter1/Monk1 wearing spiked armor deals 2d6 during a grapple--same as a greatsword. Ouch!

-z

Last edited:

Bishop2113

First Post
mnk. 1/ftr. 1

What monks are able to multiclass as fighters?
Maybe the fighter would become a monk, explain please, also if you went monk/fighter when would you go unarmed, or would you?
Sorry for hi-jacking.

Now for the main point that is to be addressed should there be a new listing for damage listed as extra, or generic damage, if there already isn't?

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Bishop2113 said:
Maybe the fighter would become a monk, explain please, also if you went monk/fighter when would you go unarmed, or would you?
Sorry for hi-jacking.
In most cases it would just be someone taking a monk level or two to get the saves, bonus feats, and unarmed damage. Not someone switching back and forth between fighter and monk.

Darklone

Zaruthustran said:
It's extra damage when used in a grapple. Outside of a grapple they're treated as light weapons.

A Fighter1/Monk1 wearing spiked armor deals 2d6 during a grapple--same as a greatsword. Ouch!
Except for the usually big 1.5 strength mod.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Bishop2113 said:
Sorry for hi-jacking.

Usually, once you go away from monk you won't return (unless the DM just disregards that rule). But you can put some levels of monk in between, or join an order that allows multiclassing (the FR have monk orders)

He doesn't have to be unarmed - he could use a monk weapon (or even any weapon, if he doesn't need flurry)

Remove ads