Mirashi Iso and... Shard!? (IC RPing)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Late into the night, Mirashi lies in bed waiting for sleep to come yet again. “If only that full moon wasn’t so bright. It keeps me awake. I just wish the darkness would come so I could shut my eyes and sleep.”

Finally giving up on sleep, Mirashi rises and decides to go for a walk. After a long time walking, he realizes that his feet have carried him back to where his thoughts have been traveling to for days. He sees before him the spot where he sat watching Shard bleed out. She fell over right there as the sun set that day. He still remembers seeing the light leave her eyes as the light of the sun disappeared behind him. It was then that the darkness within him welled up and took control. Mirashi squeezes his eyes shut for a few moments while the pain passes over him again.

Suddenly, as he opens his eyes, there is a flash of light before him as a tear in the fabric of space opens. Heavenly light shines forth as a naked body tumbles out to land on the ground at Mirashi’s feet. As the rip seals itself back up, he is left startled and dazzled by the sudden light. Bending down to turn over the body before him, Mirashi recognizes the long dark hair. Not understanding, but not being able to stop himself, Mirashi turns over the woman and sees that her lovely form is not marred by any injury. In fact she seems to be breathing regularly as if asleep. Just then, her eyes flutter open and the amethyst orbs slowly focus and lock on Mirashi’s face as Shard speaks with a croak… “Mirashi?!…”

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Just so I don't ruffle any feathers, Shard may be coming back here, but she will not be a fighter in YB anymore. She is now just an NPC to have IC dealings with Mirashi and maybe others. Me and Sabaron have talked about this via e-mail, so it's no surprise to him either. Keep in mind, as will become evident, that this is JUST Shard, not Kith.

Sabaron

First Post
Mirashi stares at Shard for a few moments before replying.

"Shard! What... how... what's going on? How did you get here?! I...I don't know what to say."

Realizing that Shard is not wearing anything, Mirashi quickly takes off his shirt and throws it over her.

"Here, put this on. Let's go back to my place and try to puzzle all this out."

Mirashi helps Shard to her feet, but she doesn't seem very responsive.

"Shard?"

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Teetering on her feet and hardly noticing her previous nakedness, Shard begins crying. Whether from grief or hapiness, Mirashi has trouble telling. "They kicked me out of heaven! They said I had not earned a place there yet! I feared that they would send me to the hells below, but they told me that my soul was held in balance by the evil I had done and the evil done to me in the past.

"I hung in limbo for a time before a voice, perhaps my mother's, told me that my fate had been decided by another. She said there was someone who wanted me, who's desire tipped the balance and set my future in motion again. The light flashed and I fell, only to awaken here where I last lived and breathed. Now if only I knew what came next...All I know is that I will no longer fight in this land. All my fights before gained me nothing, I will no longer follow any of those Paths in life."

Sabaron

First Post
Mirashi listens quietly to Shard as she speaks. He begins thinking to himself

"How can this be? I was prepared to do anything... just this next morning I was going to go see Kazz't for some rituals, and my mere DESIRE brings her to me."

After Shard finishes, Mirashi speaks.

"Shard, I suspect that you will live from this point on normally; that you shall be judged once again when you die a second time. I cannot say for certain, for I have never encountered such a situation. Do you wish to return to Heaven, woman? If so, I am not the way... my soul is naught but a blackened husk. My powers are of Darkness now."

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
"I don't know what I want right now. This is all so unexpected. I have been given a second chance in life but I don't know what to do with it.

"When I saw you last you asked me to cling to life and see all I have not yet seen. I didn't understand you then, but now I think I do. It took death to open my mind, but I finally see that life could be good if I put some effort into it.

"Before I go further though, I must apoligize for what I asked of you that day we last stood here. I had lots of time to think while I hung in limbo, and what I thought of most often was you Mirashi. Your love of life, good and bad, kept replaying in my head. I kept thinking how I would like to explore life further, and how I'd like to do so by your side if you would let me.

"You say that your soul is Dark now. But I remember placing some of that stain on your soul myself. What was done that day has now been undone somewhat. If I learned one thing from my ordeals it is this: we have the power of choice in every part of our lives. If you wish to live in Darkness, then you shall. If that is what you truly want, then I cannot stop you and I'm not sure if I should even try. I'm no angel myself, as you know well.

"If you will allow it, I'd like to spend a while with you, regardless of your dangerous dark soul." *Shard winks at Mirashi with just a hint of the old sarcastic venom in her voice*

Last edited:

Sabaron

First Post
A smile spreads across Mirashi's face, growing more broad as Shard continues to speak.

"Shard, I would be delighted to accompany you. It cheers me greatly to hear that you share this desire. First, we should get you some clothes; one short black shirt is hardly a wardrobe."

"As far as the darkness of my soul goes, while you did indeed start its spread, it has continued independently of you. Your return and indeed your renewed love of life has arrested its spread and even caused it to recede, but it is not gone. I don't know what it would take to eliminate it, but I believe that your companionship will help a great deal."

"Let us go, Shard, and I shall show you this life you missed."

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Shard smiles back at Mirashi, then with a mischevious grin she says, "You wish to cover me in clothes, hmm? What's the matter, you don't like what you've seen? I suppose it wouldn't be fitting to traipse around the realm like this though, so your suggestion has practical value. Let's go see what we can find in the way of a skimpy dark leather outfit for me, okay?

Stopping suddenly, Shard realizes that something feels...funny to her. "It's strange, but it actually feels good to smile. I never realized it before, but all the scowling and cursing I used to do actually hurt inside. This must be how Kith felt. I miss her somehow, Mirashi. I know that we were seperated and that she remains in heaven and I miss her despite the fact that I never really knew her. It seems that my own darkness has faded somewhat, but only to a dull gray it seems.

"It gladdens me to hear that your dark pain is lessened due to my return. It is also an interesting quirk to hear someone who's soul is 'a blackened husk' say that eliminating that darkness could be a helpful or good thing. If the darkness has that little hold on you then perhaps we shall find a way to release you from it's grip together, if that is what you wish of course.

"Yes, let's go for now. I want to LIVE this time, not waste my time here. In fact I'm half tempted to celebrate life right here and now in the best and most intimate way I know how, but it could be a bit soon for that. And I wouldn't want my lust for life to be confused with my lust for ...anything else."

Just as that akward moment threatens to throw all talking out the window, the birds start to sing in the trees around them and a light begins shining through to touch both Mirashi and Shard.

"Look, the sun is rising to the east! A new day is dawning Mirashi, and the light of life has returned to the world. Let us go now and see what this new day of life has in store for each of us!"

Sabaron

First Post
Mirashi quietly listens to Shard, grinning at her suggestiveness.

"My concern is, of course, for society's sake." He returns Shard's wink.

"As far as the matter of Kith goes, I'm afraid that there's very little we can do about it, other than be careful. You and your sister appear identical; if a fighter were to see you, they might believe that you as Kith have risen from the dead. That would lead to much fighting."

"Shard, the darkness that I am plagued with is fresh; it is only as old as your death. My love of life allowed me to stave it off, but I was constantly on the edge. My profession is not terribly healthy for the soul, but I have given it up. No longer shall I be an assassin! I shall celebrate life with you, Shard, rather than end such lives for money. I believe that I am too far gone to fully redeem, but I can try... and I can rely on your aid to help."

"Yes, let us go now, and perhaps find you some clothes!"

:D

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Perhaps..." Shard runs off with Mirashi into the dawn.

:D indeed! Pretty cool, Sabaron! One favor? Could you change the 'Kith' at the start of the last big paragraph to 'Shard' as it seems like it should be?

Now what? :p

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases