Comments on a Favored Soul build

Hello all,

I just know you love to comment on character builds, and thus I present to you the character I was thinking of playing in a homebrew campaign which has so far claimed the life of 2 of my previous characters (Caglioro and Oguilbon, see sig).

The party consists of:

Wesley, human bard 7 (only member to survive the campaign so far)
Gros Guy, human monk 7 (not at all "optimized", ie low str, low dex)
Brax, human rogue 7 (new character)
Mr. Golgol, halfling sorcerer 7 (new character, can't remember his first name)

We have suffered many casualties, even though the generation method is very generous: 24d6, keep 18 best, 3 dice per stat. I have rolled:

So I was thinking of

Favored Soul of Kord

Str 16
Dex 10
Con 14
Int 10
Wis 12
Cha 16 (spellcasting attribute)

Feats:
1: Heavy Armor proficiency
1: Power Attack
3: Cleave?
6: Still Spell?

Spell selection (7/6/4/3)
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic, Guidance, Mending, Purify Food & Water
1: Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Comprehend Languages, Detect Evil, Divine Favor, Magic Stone
2: Cure Moderate Wounds, Bull's Strength, Silence, Endurance
3: Searing Light, Dispel Magic, Magic Circle against Evil

Explanations: Although bonus spells come from Charisma, the save DC comes from Wisdom, that's why I haven't selected any "offensive" spells. Also, the party lacks fighting capabilities, and so I have selected a lot of buffing spells, for me or my companions. Lastly, I chose two Cure spells so I can heal a lot, and heal a good amount when need be.

Favored Soul Class abilities:

3: Weapon Focus (Greatsword)
5: Energy Resistance 10 (Fire)

So, what say ye? (And thanks in advance)

AR

Darklone

Prayer would be nice, but it's a matter of taste... Fav Souls don't get undead turning, so no Divine Feats... sad... put all attribute increases in strength, 18 is necessary for th weapons to shine.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
If your looking for offensive spells your wisdom needs to come up. :)

EDIT: which you noted. I'm such a dumb :rolleyes:

I've run into the same issue with the one I'm playing. I've multiclassed so I can not say for certain but I think the favored soul is slightly under powered but it makes for a fun and unique character. :)

Last edited:

Darklone

It's definitely a nice character for someone who would want to play a Half-celestial and his DM does not allow that one :D

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Darklone that’s very true any many ways... To bad it never inherits the template like the Dragon Disciple. I can’t wait for mine, if it every happens that is I’ve been very bad when it comes to PrCs. :D

Remove ads