[meta] What part of the world do you live in?

What part of the world do you live in?

• United States

Votes: 369 64.6%
  • Canada

Votes: 52 9.1%
  • Mexico and Central America

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • South America

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Great Britian

Votes: 20 3.5%
  • Western Europe

Votes: 75 13.1%
  • Eastern Europe

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Central Asia

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Indian Subcontinent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middle East

• Africa

• Japan and Pacific Islands

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Australia and New Zealand

Votes: 26 4.6%
  • Other (give details below!)

Votes: 11 1.9%

The U.S. now, but here are a few other places I've lived...

France (born)

Japan (2yrs)

Italy (2 1/2yrs)

Germany (4 1/2yrs)

Egypt (1/2yr)

(Don't know if that last should really count though, since I was there on a peacekeeping mission.)

Junebug

First Post
Samnell & Tsyr,

First off, it's yooper, not uper.

Secondly, I fail to see how living in Alpena (or anywhere in northern lower Michigan, but especially Alpena :D ) is better than being a yooper.

In addition to what Abraxas has noted, the U.P. has an Olympic Training center (@NMU, in Marquette). It is also home to the largest discovered living organism in the world. -- Some fungus that lives underground -- stretches for hundreds of miles..... seriously. Finally, it is home to my alma mater (& Abraxas') Michigan Tech --- woohoo! :cool: The school that, legend has it, in one year's edition of Playboy's party school rankings, was listed as: "disqualified, because this list is for amateurs" (man, what a run-on sentance)

Actually, I love living in west Michigan, but the U.P. was a wonderful place to grow up. I was an inner city youth, I lived just 1 block from the stoplight.:D

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Vienna, Austria.

Somehow, Austria manages to be counted as Western Europe. How is beyond me, though. :p
(But I still voted Western Europe. :))

AstroGnome

First Post
Copenhagen, Denmark

Which means I voted 'Western Europe' (sigh).
Oh, well. "Somethings rotten..." and all that, greetings to all you Swedes and Norvegians in here.

/AG

Maldur

First Post
mmmm, Im from the Netherlands. (sounds better than saying your from holland, come to think of it it has a certain fantasy charm to it :D)

ps Can any of you give me advice on what to visit on my roadtrip through southern USA next year?

Last edited:

Gez

First Post
17 great british, 67 western europeans, 2 eastern europeans (for now). That's 86 europeans.

I wonder why Morrus separated the UK from the rest of Europe. I can see two explanations:

• By curiosity, he wanted to know how many of his fellow compatriots are on his boards;
  • British people don't consider themselves europeans;
  • Both of the above.

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
I'm terribly disappointed that you didn't see fit to give Singapore its own box to check.

Just because it is a paltry and insignificant nation which is a world leader in absolutely nothing doesn't mean that you have to ignore it completely.

After all, without Singapore, Indonesia would probably be a prosperous nation as there would have been no way for Suharto and his cronies to launder their ill-gotten gains. In addition, smuggling from Indonesia and Malaysia could never take place without the, ahem, value-added services that the Singapore port provides.

Actually, I think it really is a Zhentarim outpost....

Cheers
NPP

hong

WotC's bitch
Thorvald Kviksverd said:
Egypt (1/2yr)

(Don't know if that last should really count though, since I was there on a peacekeeping mission.)

There was a peacekeeping force in Egypt?

Hong "IHBT" Ooi

hong said:
There was a peacekeeping force in Egypt?

Still is :)...

The Multi-National Force & Observers (MFO) in the Sinai. The arrangement goes back to the Camp David Peace Accord. The force records and reports any treaty violations, and basically acts as a buffer between Israel and Egypt. When you hear about the leaders of these two countries meeting in Sharm El'Sheik, this is the place.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases