(IR) IR Interlude Turn 5 - Turn 6 (thread 2)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Edena-Can Melkor enhance the Dictum to make it capable of piercing 10th level defenses or must Anabstericon achieve 10th magic himself to do this?

ANSWER:

Anabstercorian must gain 10th level magic, and do this himself.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Does 10th level mythals still help with researching 11th level magic as before (That is double gain and half loss) and if so is it only for the power with the mythal or for all powers aiding that power?

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
ANSWER:

Not at all. 10th level magic is of no help.

You must still pay the ordinary cost of the Magical Arms Race, and pay the penalty of 4 PL per 10 PL spent, to research 11th level magic.

You must understand 10th level magic as a prerequisite to even begin the study of 11th level magic - having 10th level magic gives you no bonus, and is of no further help.

- - -

Having 10th level magic does not alter any of the rules concerning the Technological Arms Race either.
Nor does 10th level magic affect the rules concerning Advancing Your Civilization.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Thank you for the information.

Yet another annoying tedious thing for which I apologise:
However Kalanyr's PL and my NPC's PL do not match up to the values they are given in the summary of my PL. eg Kalanyr is given as PL 10 in the PCs section but PL 7 in the Summary.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Ok then thank you. Does that mean Kalanyr achieved ascension or is the extra 3 PL from elsewhere?

Edit- Obviously not ascension since the God Emperor went to 20PL, quasi-diety hood perhaps?

Last edited:

'o Skoteinos

First Post
Edena

[COLOR="222222"]
I will send 2 PL worms to check out the mysterious riftcrag barrier in the Underdark.
[/COLOR]

Last edited:

Remove ads