[story hour] 16th lvl party vs. several hundred ghouls!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
This might be fun for people to read, and doesn't require massive backstory. Follow the link, click on "last page", and have fun with a nasty high-level battle!

Here's an excerpt:

"Before he can do anything, the hillside under their feet erupts into a shower of dirt and a rising juggernaut of slimy, rotting gray flesh. At first the group thinks it’s an undead purple worm; as both Tao and Velendo disappear into its huge mouth, that’s certainly their first impressions. But as the creature engulfs them, they realize that they’re wrong. Like grasping cilia, the inside of the worm’s mouth is filled with ghoulish arms, clutching and tearing, and dozens of screaming heads that barely poke their way out of the fleshy wall and tongue.

Someone screams."

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Yeah, that's one way of looking at it. Someone figured it out once: I think it averages one view every minute and a half, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Scary! :D

But hey ~ if it means that people can steal rat bastard ideas from me to use on their own players, it's all worthwhile. *grin*

Last edited:

Piratecat said:
Yeah, that's one way of looking at it. Someone figured it out once: I think it averages one view every minute and a half, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Scary! :D

But hey ~ if it means that people can steal rat bastard ideas from me to use on their own players, it's all worthwhile. *grin*

That...that....thing! is awesome! Sort of Frank Herbert meets the World of Darkness in Dune: The Spicing :eek:

madriel

First Post
Piratecat said:

Speaking as a player whose Rat Bastard DM-in-training has stolen ideas from you (yes, I'm talking about you Holy Bovine) grinning ain't the first reaction that comes to mind.;)

Rune

Once A Fool
Piratecat said:

And don't think we haven't! It's just too bad that one of my players reads your story religiously, so I can't steal from you directly. I have to alter it!:( How do you alter perfection? Oh well. Good thing he hasn't read Of Sound Mind. heh heh heh

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Another update! The fight continues, and gets even worse....

Here's an excerpt!

"The worm is slithering upwards, and clinging to its outsides are scores more ghouls, mostly dwarven. They’re using it as transportation to the surface… and Tao’s falling right on top of them."

clockworkjoe

First Post
You dirty rat. When I read your preview, I assumed you had already posted the entire battle.

But Nooooooooooooooo.

I hate you.

For leaving me in suspense.

Remove ads