<< PLANESCAPE >> How do you defeat the Lady of Pain?

Calico_Jack73

First Post
This isn't really related to this discussion but I need to ask. I've never really gotten into Planescape but the idea of a Planar Armageddon has really captured my imagination and I'd like to run with it. It seems like the majority of people here love the Planescape setting. Why? What about it do you like so much?

Li Shenron

Legend
Calico_Jack73 said:
Actually I like the idea of an Armageddon in the Planes and would like to run it. I just want a "By the Book" answer so that my Rules Lawyers will be satisfied if I spring it on them (don't laugh... every group has at least one or two).

In this case, it's not a problem for you, it's the rules lawyers' problem :D

No Rules Lawyer can pretend the DM to put aside his own setting choices. If they pretend that the books are over you even in campaign/story issues, tell them from the start that you are playing a Planescape++ campaign instead. ;)

Ottergame

First Post
EricNoah said:
In a world where "rule of three" reigns supreme, the Lady's rule is even higher: the "rule of zero." Whatever she wants, she gets. Period!

The Lady of Pain is like a spoiled brat DM, she'll Rule 0 everything to get her way.

Calico_Jack73

First Post
Li Shenron said:
In this case, it's not a problem for you, it's the rules lawyers' problem.

I know. Even if I tell them that it is my game it won't make them enjoy the game any more if they are all ate up that I've deviated from the published setting. In the end gaming should be enjoyable and nobody should go home upset. I run the game to entertain my players. :(

Zappo

Explorer
Calico_Jack73 said:
This isn't really related to this discussion but I need to ask. I've never really gotten into Planescape but the idea of a Planar Armageddon has really captured my imagination and I'd like to run with it. It seems like the majority of people here love the Planescape setting. Why? What about it do you like so much?
The fact that it's not about who beats whom. :D

JoeGKushner

First Post
Piratecat said:
You can't, unless the DM suddenly decides that you can. She's a plot device.

And this is the end all of the conversation. Unlike how WoTC statted out gods for various editions, they wisely never did that for the Lady. She is a Plot Device with no built in defeat unless the GM of that campaign reveals one.

simmo

First Post
If you REALLY want to get rid of The Lady, then have the PCs discover that "she" is in fact three ratatosks sitting on each other shoulders inside a dress. One has a mask of flaying, the other a ring of flying & invisibility and the third has a wand of mazing :)

Once news gets out the deities, fiends etc will all rush into the Cage and you can go through the Planar Armageddon plot line. However, what is the life-expectancy of PCs in such a multiverse?

Flyspeck23

First Post
Calico_Jack73 said:
The D&D gods don't have stats either. Only their Avatars do.
So how do you explain the deity stats in Deities and Demigods? ;)

But: no Lady of Pain in that book. Although if WotC would redo Planescape, I'd bet some designer would give her stats :eek:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases