[Vile] Puppy Kicking PCs at Work

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"No need to be so vulgar, boys," Lydia says chidingly, doling out the rest of the stew and looking pointedly at Fabian to clean the pot.

*Using a damp rag to clean her face, Lydia begins to prepare her horse.*

"Besides, evening entertainment is far more pleasurable with one you love."

Last edited:

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Following Lydia's leave, Alev saddles up his horse, checking his bags rigorously to be sure everything is in order.

"If I were of such poor taste," he adds casually, "I might pass a quip about how many men are just dying to spend a night with you."

He pats his horse, more as punctuation than affection.

"Aren't we glad that I am not of such poor taste?"

flyingricepaddy

First Post
Fabian smiles and shrugs, and dutifully sees to the pot. He whistles while he works, and those familiar with the folk music of the northern coastal region might recognize the tune of an old ballad about a young farmer who finds his betrothed in the woods murdered by bandits, and stays with her body all night to protect her from the circling wolves which eventually kill him as well.

Last edited:

NeuroZombie

Explorer
Nyos returns to the fold and, hearing the haunting tune whistled by Fabian, says "Ah, a most beautiful tune Fabian. I especially like the ending."

"So, is there any of that delicious-smelling stew left, or did my morning prayers keep me from breakfast?"

ooc: fyi, I will be gone for the rest of the day (going to see the B-52's) so Iw ill post again tomorrow. Go on without me if needed, just say I became sullen for a bit ;)

Cepter

First Post
The morning banter seems to breeze right past Sunedilar as he eats. He had, of course, heard such talk often enough, mostly from the lower elements with which the Krinjat traded. A simple waste, the building of an unworthy sort of brotherhood, one that would fall apart easily enough under any stress.

He finishes his meal and sets the bowl down for Fabian to clean as he gathers his belongings together and loading them into his saddlebags, being careful to keep the rattle of the spiked chain from upseting any of the horses.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Lydia will hand Nyos a leftover bowl of stew, then nod to Fabian, a sweet smile on her face. That song was one of her favorites.*

"Well Peacock, they do not die to spend a night with me. I am quite capable of finding my own entertainment without resorting to premature methods," she chids him, though her eyes flash anger.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Having turned up her nose with disgust at the offered raw meat, Aeweth eats the stew with little more relish. I hope we get to civilization again soon she thinks, and then remembers that they are, indeed, going to arrive at a city soon. How convenient!

Aeweth stays quiet through the banter, blushing slightly at the more vulgar talk, but secretly listening with curiosity. Meanwhile, Rhesa mentally shakes her head. Boys will be boys, even when those boys are killers. She even starts to mentally whistle along with Fabian's cheery tune, not recognizing the source.

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"Well Peacock, they do not die to spend a night with me. I am quite capable of finding my own entertainment without resorting to premature methods," she chids him, though her eyes flash anger.

Uh-oh Rhesa thinks. Probably best to head this off before it goes anywhere.

"So!" Aeweth says in a chipper voice, directed mostly to Lydia. "What do you plan to do once we arrive in Taeirn?"

John E Smoke

First Post
Dulanse replies instead, though he gives no indication that he knew who the question was directed at.

"The first thing we're going to do, naturally, is find a good inn and have a decent night's rest, baths, and a good meal."

He steps up and mounts his horse, looks down to Aeweth/Rhesa, and adds "Then, we'll see what opportunities are available in the city. My family has done business with several individuals there. Starting with them might be the best option we have yet."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Thomas Hobbes said:
Uh-oh Rhesa thinks. Probably best to head this off before it goes anywhere.

"So!" Aeweth says in a chipper voice, directed mostly to Lydia. "What do you plan to do once we arrive in Taeirn?"
"Seek out those that would hire me. A bed and bath can wait until my future has been secured," Lydia says smoothly.

Remove ads