[Vile] Puppy Kicking PCs at Work

flyingricepaddy

First Post
Once inside the city, Fabian spends most of his time looking around at the buildings and the people, apparently paying minimal attention to his companions. He rides near the back, content to let his horse follow behind the others.

John E Smoke

First Post
"I think our best course of action will be to stable our horses, secure lodging for the night, and see about getting a meal. Any of us so inclined may draw baths while our food is prepared, and then we can discuss our options over dinner."

Dulanse looks straight at Lydia with a mischievous twinkle in his eye before adding "Do any object to this?"

Cepter

First Post
Sunedilar nods noncommitally, watching the mass of sheep (otherwise known as "townsfolk") going about their business. He is also mentally assessing things like the number of apparent guards/watchmen, any defensive structure, and the location of watchtowers along the perimeter.

"I assume your associates will not mind our stopping by unannounced. If that is the case, then your plan is quite sufficient. If not, perhaps a messanger should be sent to let them know of our intentions."

Last edited:

Looking around, Sunedilar noticed a strange lack of guard. They did pass the guardhouse, but it was in bad condition and the 'guards' coming out and going in weren't the best quality ever. There were only two 'watch towers' in view, both wooden and nearly crumbling in thier own weight, and they had been somehow attatched to the main wall to keep them up...more for show it seemed.

It wasn't much trouble, however, to find an inn and tavern that didn't match the general degraded level of construction of the rest of the town. In fact, what they did find was a place named the Warrior's Helm, a large, beautifuly painted and well kept building of three levels. Compared to the rest of the city, this looked like a god among ants.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
It wasn't much trouble, however, to find an inn and tavern that didn't match the general degraded level of construction of the rest of the town. In fact, what they did find was a place named the Warrior's Helm, a large, beautifuly painted and well kept building of three levels. Compared to the rest of the city, this looked like a god among ants.

Suspicious over the unusual wealth, Gwyn keeps an eye out for any explanation, the other watching the barmaids. As he's in a city, he's on his best behaviour, smiling kindly and not kicking puppies when anyone's looking.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Alev, unconcerned with the mysteries of gatehouses and inns, stables his horse with little fuss before heading off for the bath.

"Order some sort of cream dish for me. Anything sweet and not hot, that I can eat with a spoon. If that confuses them then just tell them nothing. I'm not all that hungry, anyhow."

He has, indeed, been eating on the way, scraps and nibbles to fill the spots where the conversation broke into bitter silence...

NeuroZombie

Explorer
Nyos is sure to grab a seat that faces the majority of the tavern and before ordering, and casually scans the tavern and those that sit within. Nyos is specifically looking for either wealth or a lack thereof, trying to size up any soldiery that may be partaking and looking for anything out of the ordinary.

As his companions seat themselves, Nyos says "Save for cream for the kitten, does anyone else have a preference for todays meal? Not picky, I, but I do pray that they have a decent wine, red of course."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
NeuroZombie said:
Nyos is sure to grab a seat that faces the majority of the tavern and before ordering, and casually scans the tavern and those that sit within. Nyos is specifically looking for either wealth or a lack thereof, trying to size up any soldiery that may be partaking and looking for anything out of the ordinary.

As his companions seat themselves, Nyos says "Save for cream for the kitten, does anyone else have a preference for todays meal? Not picky, I, but I do pray that they have a decent wine, red of course."

"Wine makes you soft. Meat and water's enough for me."

Remove ads