Delta Green - D20 Modern Style

Corinthi

First Post
Any interest?

I've run a face to face DG game using Spycraft Mechanics with reduced vitality, and now I think I'd like to give D20 Modern a shot, assuming people were interested.

Now, I've always pictured Delta Green characters as both competent and experienced, so I'd probably start PCs around the midLevels...say 5-8ish. In all honesty, I haven't quite decided.

Characters would be agents and friendlies, relatively inexperienced to the conspiracy, but with one good 'encounter'. They've seen something that can't be easily explained, and thier talents are too valuable to waste.

It'd be a fairly grim game, with horrific consequences, not the least of which would be death. Naturally, we'd use a sanity mechanic and would draw heavily from Call of Cthulhu for inspiration.

No FX in starting characters unless someone develops a concept so riveting that I can't help but like it. Of course, /all/ FX would come with sanity loss attached.

'Occult' style knowledges are all well and good, but starting Cthulhu Mythos would likely be zero, with maybe a rank or two awarded on the basis of backgrounds.

As a GM, I mainly post in the evenings from work and can post pretty well every evening. I'd expect fairly regular posts from those playing as well.

So..any interest? I wouldn't accept anymore than 4-6 players and would prefer the group to work together to form a good team with concepts slanted toward actual intelligence agents rather than friendlies.

Jesse

Last edited:

ferretguy

First Post
I would be interested in participating. Could be interesting to play a tech type character. I haven't had a chance to play in a modern type game yet, may have a character concept up within a couple days...although need to know numbers...

Corinthi

First Post
Not a bad response for a weekend really.

All right, how about 7th level and 32 Point buy. Don't worry so much about starting wealth, we'll work that out based on character and background.

I'd like to see the sort of characters people would develop. I currently have D20 Modern and Urban Arcana. If you would like to draw from another resource, let me know and I'll take a look at it and make a decision.

Jesse

yangnome

First Post
I'd like in. I'm not real familiar with the Delta Green product (though I do know what it is), but I do have D20 modern and D20 CoC. I'd love to get a chance to play.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Looks like yangnome's our new recruit, boys. ;)

I'm in too. Definitely. Me loves some DG.

EDIT: As to concept, I think I might go with a USAMRIID doctor-guy.

By the way, Corinthi, how's the Spycraft Delta Green work out? Did it run OK?

Last edited:

Corinthi

First Post
Not being familiar with the specific Delta Green product is not a problem. Delta Green is a 'disbanded' government agency that's is illegally continuing it's mission, of protecting the world (Specifically the US) from the Mythos. A Delta Green agent is a member of the US intelligence community that has been pulled into the conspiracy. They still keep thier day job and carefully use those resources in thier investigations.

Spycraft Delta Green went pretty well. We made heavy use of favor checks, slashed vitality in half, and added CoC's sanity rules. Overall I was pleased, although the game eventually degenerated when one player's paranoia led her to start whacking injured party members. She had a larger body count than I did.

It was a different flavor of Delta Green. A little bit more action, a little less desperation. And I wasn't really trying to kill anyone. I'd hurt them badly, but rarely try to kill. I was more interested in seeing how thier characters dealt with the growing realizations of just how close everything always was to the brink, and how'd they'd cope.

Good stuff.

Jesse

Last edited:

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Well, it was quick - I have statistics ready for my character already (he's a Smart 4/Field Scientist 3). Where do you want us to put these? Is there an RG thread started? I can start one for you, if you'd like.

One question: how's the determination on who's actually in DG go? Are all the characters in by default, are you just going to pick a few that are "in the know", what cell are we in, etc. I guess that was a couple questions, but it's really all one. ;)

yangnome

First Post
Also, I'd assume that even though we continue to hold our day jobs, you'd like us to be located in the same area. Do you have anywhere in particular in mind before I start working on my chracter? DC perhaps? near a major military installation somewhere overseas? stateside? I'm really flexible, I just don't want to get fixed on a character concept to find out it won't work.

Corinthi

First Post
All PCs will either be DG agents or enlightened friendlies. I don't really care where someone lives, although everyone should try to have a job that allows the character some travel. If you work for the government, DG will help you explain any trips.

Basically, the group is going to be a newly assembled field squad. Individual PCs could have prior history together, but this would be thier first time working together on a DG assignment.

Andrew, please feel free to start a Rogue's Gallery. You'll have a better initial post than I would.

Jesse

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases