"Dawn of the Dead" remake!

nHammer

First Post
Hand of Vecna said:
Dawn is widely considered to be the best of the three.

Romero liked Day a little more than the other two. He said that on the special feature disc for the Day of the Dead DVD. He also said he has considered making another movie, which would be named something like "Dead Reckoning"

I'm looking forward to a special edition DVD for Dawn of the Dead. Hell, I wish they would bring out a Dead DVD set.

And Hollywood can go f*** themselves if they think they are getting any of my money for a lame-ass remake. Nothing wrong with the original.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Yes, Kai Lord, Spider-Man 2 is due out in July.

nHammer, I take it you didn't like the trailer for the new Dawn?

Yes, an Anubis Trilogy DVD Set would rock...... *dreams*

I liked it well enough. Although I was hoping to see the Hellboy trailer on the big screen... Or even Van Helsing, as silly as that movie looks...

nHammer

First Post
Hand of Vecna said:
Yes, Kai Lord, Spider-Man 2 is due out in July.

nHammer, I take it you didn't like the trailer for the new Dawn?

Yes, an Anubis Trilogy DVD Set would rock...... *dreams*

I saw little bit of the trailer. BLAH :mad: I just think a remake isn't needed.

Byrons_Ghost

First Post
nHammer said:
I saw little bit of the trailer. BLAH :mad: I just think a remake isn't needed.

Spoken like a true Pennsylvanian! :D

The Creature Corner review was posted in the sci-fi news section, for those who may be interested:

http://www.creature-corner.com/reviews/dawnofthedead04.php3

I'll probably go see this. It sounds like it'll be better than the 80s Night remake, which I thought was just so-so. My main problem now is whether to buy the original Dead DVD when it comes out in March, or wait for the promised multi-disc special edition later in the summer....

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
I'll go on the record as being deeply skeptical. The original is a classic study of people under stress and a great satire of consumer culture. It's savage and funny and horrifying and despite what Mr. Romero might say, I think it's his best film (and there's stiff competition in that department).

The trailer does not impress. Frankly, I think high-speed zombies are LESS scary than the old "shuffle-footed" style. The story becomes more about shocks and jumps and cool fight scenes rather than the remorseless, pitiless horror of Romero's zombie films.

Now, haven't seen the movie, haven't read any reviews, just saying I'm skeptical.

And don't hold your breath for a Dead box set. The legal situation around the first film is very complicated and to some degree Mr. Romero doesn't possess the full rights. I don't know the full story but it involves ownership of the negatives and a bogus "30th Anniversary Edition" that was released with all-new cuts made. The question of who own Night of the Living Dead is a messy one, and it will probably only get messier if large new sums of money get involved.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases