D&D 3E/3.5 [Kulan] The Lands of Harqual (Updated: Feb 3/2022)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Savina de Braose, Queen of Izmer, The Mithral Monarch of the Way
Stats: hf / 5th level aristocrat, 5th level wizard, 10th level sorcerer of the Way / lawful neutral
Homeland: The Kingdom of Izmer
Source: D&D: The Movie
Personality: Quiet, calm, and strong-willed.
Description: Savina de Braose comes from a bloodline rich in magic and her royal tutors were so impressed with her raw abilities they began her training early. She has become a very good wizard in a very short period of time and an even better practitioner of the Way.

Fortunately for the kingdom, she is also strong-willed – like her father was before her – and wasn’t afraid to challenge the old Wizards’ Council with her social reforms for Izmer. These reforms have changed Izmer a great deal in the last 25 years since the Dragon Conflict over Sumdall.

These changes have brought about the reformation of the government to include a new council made up of wizards and non-wizards. Gone are the race and class restrictions on who may be considered a noble and the new council, called Izmer’s Chamber, is made up of merchants, city guild masters, dwarves, elves, halflings, orcs and even sorcerers, as well as wizards. In fact, Izmer’s Chamber has more sorcerers on it than wizards.

Of course, these changes have brought new problems for the Kingdom of Izmer. There is as much backbiting and sniping in the Chamber as there was on the old Wizards’ Council. Chamber gatherings tend to be loud, drawn-out affairs that have erupted into full-scale brawls in the past. None dare brawl in the Chamber when Savina is there, however.

Savina has become more serene and poised, as she has aged. She still has to bend to the will of the Chamber in most cases but now has the right to veto any proposal she deems not in the best interest of the people. She has rarely had to use this veto, which is an encomium to the Chamber’s ability to get things done when it’s really needed.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Xilus, Guildmaster, Thief Lord of Antius
Stats: hm / 20th level rogue / chaotic neutral
Homeland: Antius
Source: D&D: The Movie
Personality: Flippant, deceitful, and quick to anger.
Description: Xilus grew up on the streets of Antius City and was indoctrinated into the city’s thieves’ guild, at an early age. He wasn’t a favorite of the previous guildmaster, and his advancement was stunted.

To overcompensate he learned to be a jokester, but a jokester with teeth. He used his humor to lull his rivals into a false sense of security before he killed them or betrayed them, clandestinely.

Xilus has a mean streak and no sense of fair play. He doesn’t believe in the concept of “honor amongst thieves” and will betray his own followers if it puts more coin in his pocket.

His quick wit and ruthless attitude eventually brought him the leadership of the Antius Thieves’ Guild. He murdered his old master and now rules the guild, and all of Antius.

Xilus isn’t known for being well organized, personally, but he does lead by example, or more appropriately, by making examples of those who challenge him. His closest followers do most of the heavy lifting in the guild, but they would never challenge him, openly. They know how dangerous he is, better than anyone.

He considers his greatest rival to be Ridley Freeborn, but he fears the death knight Damodar more than anything else in the world. The undead warrior is something he doesn’t understand and he has gone to great lengths to protect himself from undead.

-------------------------------------------------------------
attachment.php

Antius

Attachments

• Antius.jpg
    Antius.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 697
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Greolin
Proper Name: The Greolin Lordship
Ruler: Lord Ealwar Greolin III [LN male dwarf (Torin) Ari6/War6]
Government: Feudal Plantocracy (by plantation owners)
Capital: Greol
Major Towns: Ceres (pop. – 1,597), Fanalo (pop. – 1,035), Greol (pop. – 8,630), Kangel (pop. – 1,326), Rilels (pop. – 2,142), Sena (pop. – 2,206), Shakhal (pop. – 984), Stenheuve (pop. – 10,238), Tendo (pop. – 2,382).
Provinces: One lordship, one major knight-hold, and four minor knight-holds.
Resources: Crafts (dwarven), metals (any but adamantine and mithral), gems (any, but mostly emeralds, sapphires, and turquoises), spices (mainly cinnamon and vanilla), and wine.
Coinage: High Coin (gp), Low Coin (sp), Token (cp).
Population: 469,850 – Dwarf (Torin) 50%, Halfling (lightfoot) 21%, Elf (southern) 9%, Gnome (rockwood) 7%, Kitt 5%, Hobgoblin 3%, Rakasta 3%, Other Races 2%.
Languages: Dwarven (Torin), Elven, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling, Kitt, Orc, Rakasta, and Suar.
Alignments: LN, LE *, N, NE, CN
Patron God: None.
Major Religions: Cronus, Cull, Dike, Dumathoin, Hades, Halmyr, Loviatar, Meriadar, Olidammara, Ptah, Tarsellis, Urogalan, Wee Jas.
Minor Religions: Abbathor, Brandobaris, Darahl, Dionysus, Erevan, Gaea, Inanna, Konkresh, Maglubiyet, Tyche, Vergadain, Vespin.
Cults: Amand, Angrboda, Baalzebul, Druaga, Enduma, Falazure, Mahridaar, Mussin, Sheela, Teve, Tudsara, Tulle, Xan Yae, Zell.
Alliances: The City-state of Xcellian.
_________________________________________________​

Map: World of Kulan Maps (Updated: Nov 22/11)
— This map is also for the next post.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Xcellian
Proper Name(s): The City-state of Xcellian, City of Fortune
Ruler: Anders Carrin, The Merchant Lord [LN male dwarf (Torin) Ftr8/Trd8]
Government: Plutocracy; Xcellian is controlled by a body of merchants/traders known as the Mercantile Collegiate.
Capital: Xcellian
Major Towns: Xcellian (pop. – 23,482)
Provinces: One major lordship and six minor trade lordships (wards) in the city of Xcellian, plus dozens of noble estates (plantations) in the surrounding countryside.
Resources: Coarse sugar, exotic animals, feeds and seeds, gems (minor), and textiles.
Coinage: Terat (pp), Rit (gp), Salver (sp), Ledal (cp).
Population: 364,062 – Dwarf (Torin) 42%, Halfling (lightfoot) 24%, Elf (southern) 12%, Hobgoblin 9%, Cat Races 6%, Human 4%, Other Races 3%.
Languages: Dwarven (Torin), Elven, Goblin, Halfling, Kitt, Orc, Rakasta, Suar, and Xcella.
Alignments: LG, LN *, LE, N, NE.
Patron God: None.
Major Religions: Berronar, Cull, Dike, Hades, Halmyr, Manannan mac Lir, Moradin, Persana, Ptah, Sanh, Thoth, Tyche, Urogalan, Velit, Vergadain, Wee Jas, Yondalla
Minor Religions: Abbathor, Arvoreen, Boccob, Brandobaris, Clangeddin, Cronus, Cyrrollalee, Dumathoin, Inanna, Issek, Jaeger, Loviatar, Maglubiyet, Math Mathonwy, Mayela, Ulaa, , Vespin, Zell
Cults: Alathrien, Amand, Angrboda, Anon, Darahl, Druaga, Enduma, Mussin, Nether, Sheela, Teve, Tudsara, Xan Yae, Yeathan
Alliances: The Greolin Lordship.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
More names...

Seven Rivers Region
Still to be written.

General Names
Still to be written.

Male Names
Akhil, Basant, Caleb, Dorian, Emidio, Fedor, Galtar, Ham, Ilara, Jerrod, Kenan, Lazzaro, Melor, Nerio, Ollie, Om, Pico, Quirino, Radomir, Saral, Timur, Urban, Vipul, Wiley, Xzavier, Yakim, Zadok.

Female Names
Alisa, Bianca, Candace, Devika, Elena, Flora, Gauri, Hilary, Irina, Jordan, Keziah, Lucia, Martina, Nanda, Oksana, Padma, Quiana, Roza, Ryana, Selena, Tanya, Usha, Vanya, Winona, Xaviera, Yelena, Zhanna.

Surnames
Altheworld, atte Churchedoor, Bredleder, Canis, Cheverell, de Ravenhowe, Doggetall, Evelgest, Fairdam, Gascoigne, Godeswones, Handhamer, Inwood, Jolland, Knivetton, le Moldemaker, Leafgrene, Monemaker, Newdegate, Oxenbrigg, Panermaker, Quincarnon, Redeknapp, Ruggenall, Sacheverell, Silverhewer, Thornburgh, Tredeven, Unton, Vaughan, Woderbeter, Yelverton.

Continued here.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The Military of Mor's End!

The Military of Anoria
The attached, zipped Word document is a modified version of the file that can be found here, which was compiled by jdavis, as part of the EN World City Project.

My modified version has been altered (and formatted) to fit into World of Kulan. The changes are mostly cosmetic, but in some cases I needed to expand on things and delete other things that didn't fit with my version of Mor's End.

This is only version 1.2 of this document, as I'm planning on adding even more to it incluidng fleshing out the NPCs in the document more, adding new locations, and coming up with new plots and ideas for Anoria's military outside of the city.

Anyway, hope you all have fun reading it.

Cheers!

KF72

p.s. Edit: I've moved the Military NPCs that were in the Mor's End - Locales & NPCs I Word document (see below) into this Word document.

Attachments

• Military of Anoria.zip
    48.8 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
One of the PCs latest foes...

and he got away too, well, sort of.

Lazzaro, Dark Reborn Cultist
Lazzaro is cruel, evil man who was the Leader of the Cultists of the Dark Reborn in the City of Pretensa. He is unredeemable and didn’t even consider feigning redemption in order to escape. Argo’s quest spell has been making his life miserable, but he refuses to give into the temptation of good. He considers the wracking pain of the Bishop of Jalivier’s quest spell to be test of his faith in the Mother of Monsters.

The dark priest knew there was corruption in the City Guard of Pretensa, as he is the one who corrupted them. His allies freed him of the mark of justice spell, and helped him escape the city jail. They supplied him with a replacement unholy symbol, as well as weapons and armor. They even smuggled him out of the city, as the rest of the City Guard searched for him.

Now that Lazzaro has had the quest spell, cast on him by Argo, removed he will seek vengeance on the Order of the Silver Hand. Lazzaro is currently in Shaule the capital city of the Principality of Shaule. The high priest of the Dark Reborn, in Shaule, removed the quest spell. Lazzaro’s penance included an entire month of self-torture, which concluded with the high priest casting atonement on Lazzaro.

The high priest of the Dark Reborn, a man named Caleb Oxenbrigg [NE human male, ex-Clr10/Disaffected10* (Vespin)], has ordered Lazzaro to bring him the head of Argo Flameheart, in order to, once again, receive the full blessing of the Dark Reborn. *See pages 30-31 of the d20 sourcebook Requiem for a God for details on this prestige class.

Lazzaro, Member of the Dark Reborn, Male Human, Clr13 (Angrboda): CR 13; Medium Humanoid (human); HD 13d8+26; hp 88; Init +1; Spd 30 ft.; AC 19 (+1 Dex, +5 armor, +1 shield, +2 magic), touch 13, flat-footed 18; BAB +9/+4; Grp +11; Atk +14 melee (1d6+4/18-20/x2, +2 unholy scimitar) or +13 melee (1d6+4 vile damage/x2, vile lance spell); Full Atk +14/+9 melee (1d6+4/18-20/x2, +2 unholy scimitar) or +13/+8 melee (1d6+4 vile damage/x2, vile lance spell); SA cleric spells, rebuke undead 4/day; SQ cleric spells; AL CE; SV Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +12; Str 14 (+2), Dex 12 (+1), Con 14 (+2), Int 10 (+0), Wis 19 (+4), Cha 12 (+1).

Skills and Feats: Concentration +16, Knowledge (the planes) +8, Listen +7, Spellcraft +12, Spot +7, Survival +4 (+6 on other planes); Brew Potion, Combat Casting, Lightning Reflexes, Scribe Scroll, Weapon Focus (scimitar), Violated Spell.

Cleric Spells Prepared (6/6+1/6+1/5+1/5+1/3+1/2+1/1+1; save DC 14+ spell level): 0th — detect magic, guidance (x2), resistance (x2), virtue; 1st — angry ache BoVD, cure light wounds, endure elements, magic weapon, protection from good *, shield of faith, slow consumption BoVD; 2nd — aid, bull’s strength, desecrate, cure moderate wounds, death knell, silence, web *; 3rd — circle of nausea BoVD, deeper darkness, poison *, remove curse, vile lance BoVD, violated spiritual weapon; 4th — animate dead, cure serious wounds, divine power, freedom of movement, unholy blight *, violated searing light; 5th — oozepuppet HotA *, plane shift, slay living, unhallow; 6th — create undead *, mass cure moderate wounds, violated flame strike; 7th — blasphemy *, destruction.

*Domain Spell. Domains: Evil: Cast evil spells at +1 caster level). Ooze: Rebuke or command oozes 4/day.

Possessions: +2 unholy scimitar, +2 chain shirt, eyes of doom, gloves of dexterity (+4), small steel shield, unholy symbol of Angrboda, and 4 divine scrolls.

Two of the divine scrolls are minor scrolls with 1 spell on each (curse water & cause fear; caster level: 1st), while the third is a medium scroll with 2 spells on it (find the path, symbol of fear; caster level: 11th), and the fourth is a major scroll with 3 spells on it (earthquake, shambler, & sympathy; caster level: 15th).

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Post moved here from page two! And Updated!

PROJECT: Mor's End Revised (3.5e)
Ok, I was really into the Mor's End threads from some time ago. So much so that I've added Mor's End to my World of Kulan campaign. Thus, I've been slowly compiling all the NPCs, that I could find, into one document. While I have a long way to go, I figured I'd post the Word Document, as it stands now.

I'll hopefully have this updated again in two weeks, but no promises. Here is the list of NPCs already included in the document (alphabetical list, by first name). *The stats for Dalvar have been moved to the Military of Anoria Word document (see above), as have the other stats and descriptions for the various military leaders of Mor's End and rural Anoria.

Alfgeir Bronzerock
Arianna Flamelocks and Elrytch Chaminade
Balarous
Baltus Starkad
Brandon Delswan (The Endearing Edge)
Brother Lukatus "Anoria" Jones
Dalvar Hammersmith (The Downpour Alehouse)*
Duncan Fletcher
Elias Starkad
Geeve Sneeble
Gronas Stonetooth
Jacob Gearson
Kiela Iluin
Old Whistling Tom
Raven Moonhome
Rez Highwind
Willie Enderton (The Downpour Alehouse)

Here is the list of NPCs that that I've now added to a second Word document. The file has only been formated slightly, and won't likely be updated again. I'm advancing my timeline for the Lands of Harqual and the Domain of Anoria is going through some major (and painful) changes.

Aeron Malius (Outland Ranger)
Arnon
Delia Slemonia (Outland Ranger)
Doodle
Eli Sorison
Gills “Axe” Stayton
Gurkus Hammersmith
Hoppy
Jack Almsman
Jago Braws
Jeremy Marlin
Joru Buntz (Outland Ranger)
Saul Antilium
Tatiana Vladmin
Thora
- Gra'ul
- The Mother
- The Maiden
- The street urchins
Urdus Hammersmith

NOTE: The zipped files below is designed to work in conjunction with with my own 'personalized' version of Mor's End. Thus, you will find that some of the text has been changed to better reflect Word of Kulan and the Lands of Harqual. If anyone has questions, feel free to post here or send me an e-mail.

Attachments

• Mor's End - Locales & NPCs.zip
    42.4 KB · Views: 225
  • Mor's End - NPCs II.zip
    29.6 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases