D&D 3E/3.5 [Kulan] The Lands of Harqual (Updated: Feb 3/2022)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Gideon said:
I'm ridiculously amazed by the amount and quality of stuff here. I barely get a map and 5 names down before I walk away. Your dedication and your design skill are pretty impressive. At least to me, ADD boy.

Thanks for the praise, Gideon.

I have a lot of extra time to work on my world, as I am going through some stuff. Basically, I'm on income support due to medical reasons. I have done some freelance writing but nothing lately. I have to stay focused on my medical needs right now so, most often, any writing/desing I do is for World of Kulan. It helps keep me sharp.

I plan to look to get back to serious writing/design in a few months. after I've increased my physical mobility and overall health.

A lot people, who know me, would say I'm just being modest about my design skills. It's true I do spend a lot of time creating material for Kulan, as well as adapting old AD&D material and new d20 material to fit into the world.

I guess I'm just a homebrew design junkie. :)

Now if I could just get four players, here in Edmonton, who would be willing to put in the time to learn more about Kulan then I could get a game going. (I had considered doing an PBP campaign here on EN World but one of my physical restrictions is my left arm/hand. I can only write/type for so long before it needs rest. Thus, I wasn't willing to risk hurting it with all the typing I would need to do for a PBP.)

Right now I've done work on all of the following (within the last few months):
  • Gods of Harqual (.doc file)
  • World Gods (.doc file)
  • Gazetteer 1: Lands of Harqual (.doc file)
  • Comprehensive Kulan NPC List (.doc file)
  • Garth Tigerstorm NPC stats & description (.doc file)
  • Racial Miscy: Part One & Part Two (.txt file)
  • Numerous maps of the world (Campaign Cartographer 2)
  • Updating Divinity War (.doc file) for my Gods of Harqual Story Hour
  • Writing my Narrative Journal (.doc file) for my World of Kulan Story Hour
Lots of work but I love it!

Cheers!

KF72

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
JALIVIER
Defender of the Light, God of the Sun, The Soldier of Light, The Star over the Mountain, The Sun’s Champion

Intermediate Deity
Symbol: Sun rising over a mountain range
Home Plane: Celestia
Godly Realm: Citadel of Light
Alignment: Lawful good
Portfolio: Healing, light, mountains, stars, sun, war
Worshipers: Dwarves, elementalists (earth), fighters, healers, monks, paladins, soldiers of light, some druids, any good citizen of Kulanspace
Cleric Alignments: LG, LN, NG
Domains: Earth, Good, Healing, Light, Stellar, Sun, War
Favored Weapon: Longsword

Jalivier, Defender of the Light, is best known as the North God of the Sun. He is one of the few North Gods to have followers native to the Outer Planes. It is believed that within a few centuries he will become as well known and revered in other lands as he is on Harqual. Already, he is known throughout the many islands surrounding Harqual, even as far south as the Isle of Dread. However, the Soldier of Light has his heart firmly entrenched in the lands of Harqual, no matter how popular he has become.

Jalivier’s Avatar appears as a large bronze skinned man wearing field plate armor, which shines with the power of a permanent enlarged daylight spell. The armor appears to be made of a rare metal. Which rare metal depends upon the viewer. His Avatar’s armor appears to be made from adamantine to his ground-dwelling worshippers, while to his spacefaring worshippers it appears to be made from fired steel.

Jalivier’s Avatar always appears wearing a open-faced helm and a long cloak made, which appears to be made from well cured animal hide. His other garments appear similar in design with fur trimmed edges on his boot and tabard, which has his holy symbol etched into it. He keeps these barbaric adornments to honor his barbarian heritage. His Avatar wields a large +5 flaming burst holy defending longsword.

Dogma
Jalivier teaches his followers to defend the light in the name of goodness. He teaches that the power of the sun and the stars can be great weapons against the darkness of evil. Followers of Jalivier are expected to make war against evil and to be as solid as the mountain in their defense of the innocent. All mountains are part of the open sky that leads to the stars. Jalivier teaches his faithful that they are guardians of the sun and stars. For Jalivier is not “The Sun”; he is, in fact, The Sun’s Champion in the name of all that is good and righteousness.

Clerics and Temples
The clergy of Jalivier includes cleric, paladins, monks, and a few powerful adapts. Also, many druids pay homage to Jalivier in his aspect of North God of the Sun, while earth elementalists and dwarves revere him for his connection with the mountains of Harqual. However, druids and elementalists are rarely included in the core clergy of the Church of Jalivier. They, more often, band together as part of one the many sects dedicated to the Defender of the Light, with the most famous being the Faithful of the Mountain Lord.

The clergy of Jalivier dress in much the same manner as their deity. Gleaming field plate, an open-faced helm, a long cloak and sturdy boots, a tabard bearing the symbol of their god, and a longsword. However, the material used for such garments and equipment varies widely. For example, the church of Jalivier is the state religion of the Kingdom of Navirosov and, as such, it is typical for the country’s clergy to wear a wide range of armor types and to include Jalivier’s symbol with the heraldry of the country’s many orders. However, in the Barony of Wolffire, the clergy of Jalivier only wear the traditional garments of the Church.

Every good land, no matter how big or how small, has a temple dedicated to Jalivier. As well, most lands where evil is powerful often have large, hidden shrines dedicated to the Sun’s Champion. The Church of Jalivier is the strongest in the following lands: Navirosov, Monarchy of Avion, Principality of Ambra, the Free City of Yuln and the Honored Islands of the Light. They also strongly influence every mountain range on the continent. From the Greystones, in the north, to the Hinderfall Mountains, in the Far South, dozens of strong, stone temples and citadels protect the highest places on Harqual.

Many of Jalivier’s temples share space and resources with other deities, especially the Light-Bringer, Apollo, and the North Goddess of Nobility, Mayela. By far, the most famous temple dedicated to Jalivier is The Light of Truth, located near the western edge of the Kingdom of Stonn. This ‘temple’ is more like a large town made of the followers of the Defender of the Light. It is famous for its order of monks, The Fists of the Defender. A high, stone wall surrounds the Light of Truth and a great citadel stands at its heart. The temple fortress has never been breached, even during the time of the Ogre Wars.

Another great fortress, this one in the Monarchy of Avion, acts as the center of worship Church of Jalivier for that country and the entire region. Nidbor Keep is a large, elevated fortress, which is defended primarily by followers of Jalivier. Many of these soldiers are mid to high level clerics and paladins. However, most of the keep’s protectors are low to mid level warriors with a few devoted fighters as sergeants. It isn’t a requirement to be a follower of Jalivier in order to serve at the keep but it doesn’t hurt. The ‘actual’ temple in Nidbor Keep is called Mountain on the Plain.

In the Free City of Yuln there stands the Monastery of Jalivier on the corner of Temple Row and Free Street. Here, the most pious of the Church’s monks live by and teach the Way of the Defending Light. The order of monks is strictly lawful good in alignment and many of the order are clerics as well. It is possible for the monks of the Monastery of Jalivier to multiclass as monk/paladins, although the strictures they must follow are extreme, to say the least.

The cities of Avion, Magdalene, and Sunwater all have a major temple dedicated to Jalivier. The temple in Magdalene, called the House of the Sun, is the largest known ‘city’ temple dedicated to Jalivier. The temple in Sunwater, called the Solar Retreat of the Champion, is the second largest ‘city’ temple. The temple in Avion City, called the Stone of Stars, is the third largest ‘city’ temple. There are many more but is would take forever to list them all.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
KUIL
God of Rogues and Illusion, The Lucky, The Rogue, The Spirit in All

Intermediate Deity
Symbol: Silver dagger shining through shadow
Home Plane: Elysium
Godly Realm: Duskhall
Alignment: Neutral good
Portfolio: Daring, good rogues, illusion, luck, zeal
Worshipers: Bards, halflings, illusionists, rogues, scouts, rangers, wilderness rogues, fremlins, the gema
Cleric Alignments: NG, CG, LG
Domains: Good, Illusion, Knowledge, Luck, Skullduggery
Favored Weapon: Dagger or punching dagger

Kuil is the North God of Rogues and Illusion. Kuil is the oldest child of Immotion and Jalivier. He is often referred to as The Lucky, The Rogue, and The Spirit in All. Kuil’s Avatar is rarely seen on Harqual, as he prefers to appear only in dire circumstances. However, often a bright, young rogue catches his attention. Then his Avatar will manifest as a scrawny, undisciplined street urchin who just happens to be serious trouble. If the rogue fails to help Kuil, in this guise, then he or she will likely have a couple of weeks of bad luck, at the minimum. If the rogue is friendly and helpful to Kuil then he or she will find that Kuil has smiled upon him/her.

When he does appear to devote followers, his Avatar takes the form of a large, sinewy male humanoid, most often human or half-elven, wearing the best possible gear that a rogue could hope to find. The gear is always different in its apparent application, depending on the follower’s goals. A scout would see Kuil as halfway in appearance between a rogue and a ranger, while a temple raider would see Kuil wearing subterfuge equipment. Regardless of these minor differences, Kuil’s Avatar always carries his +5 keen speed assassin-bane dagger called Shadowstealer.

Dogma
Luck is life; zeal is joy. Followers of Kuil must dare to dream of the impossible and then if the chance arises, risk everything for the experience. Kuil teaches that one must accept what luck gives you. One must remain true to the morale high ground set by the faith, even in the bad times. Kuil is the patron of good-hearted rogues who live for adventure, not for treasure but for the thrill and the chance to battle evil doers. The tenets of his faith do not allow for assassins or cutthroats and his followers must remain vigilant against such scoundrels. Yet, he embraces the concepts of the rogue and the need for stealth. Illusion magic is the cloak of his followers as much as the shadows, which protects them from the evil in the darkness. Kuil’s followers are often called upon by the faith, as well as the entire pantheon, too guard the treasures of the North Gods or steal them back from those who would defile the pantheon’s holy places.

Clerics and Temples
The clergy of Kuil includes bards, clerics, rogues, rangers, and wilderness rogues. While Kuil’s clerics may be of any good alignment, his lawful good clerics cannot multiclass as rogues. Instead, they often multiclass as cleric/rangers. However, most of his most powerful clergy members are cleric/rogues (most often NG). There aren’t any paladins dedicated to Kuil, as The Lucky lets such powerful devotion fall to the followers of the other North Gods.

Kuil has more sects than there are Interloper Gods. Most of these divisions are invisible to outsiders of the Church of Kuil. To those inside the church, the variation in how to interpret doctrine is a valued way to keep the faith from becoming stagnant. Outright conflict between the Cabals of Kuil, as referred to by the church, is not permitted. Each cabal is responsible for interpreting the tenets of the church, while remaining true to the faith’s morale high ground. The largest and most famous cabal is the Order of Lost Treasures. The Order is the main group responsible for retrieving relics lost to the Pantheon of the North. Other cabals include the Scourge of Rogue Dragons, the Warders of Law, the Outriders of Kuil, and dozens of others.

Temples dedicated to Kuil are as varied as the church’s many cabals. They either take the form of a traditional temple or that of a Thieves’ Guild. Many are affiliated with such guilds, especially those controlled by the Order of Lost Treasures. The Order can often call upon such an alliance for aid in the retrieval of lost relics and even evil artifacts that the Order deems to powerful to leave in the hands of power hungry wizards. (The Order has such an alliance with the Angle's Edge Thieves’ Guild in the Kingdom of Stonn.)

The temples controlled by the Warders of Law, the main lawful good cabal, are more like wardens in good aligned societies, working with the local watch. Warder temples often have good relations with any lawful good aligned Honorbound Companies, in the region. However, the Warders of Law are not welcome in most despotic lands, even those aligned towards law. In these lands, the Warders are more like rogues in the night with more neutral followers to fight for the people behind the scenes. It is always a balancing act, as the Warders aren’t willing to break the law and are only willing to bend it in dire circumstances.

Those controlled by the Scourge of Rogue Dragons, a major neutral good cabal, are less visible then Warder temples, as they are known for plumbing the depths of lairs of those dragons that have rejected the Tenets of the Balance, to recover stolen treasures and learn the rogue dragons’ secrets. Scourge temples are known to recruit hoardstealers and align themselves with the Knights Majestic, in the fight for the neutrality of the Balance. Thus, they remain somewhat hidden in order to protect their clergy and agents from any havoc a rogue dragon, or its minions, might wish too unleash. The Scourge is known for taking on powerful allies of rogue dragons, as well (i.e. Cult of the Dragon).

The Outriders of Kuil are a major chaotic good cabal of the Church of Kuil. They don’t have true temples, instead riding across Harqual to act as scouts for the church. Many wilderness rouges favor this cabal for its ideals of freedom and daring. They take the fight to the old evil of the Sword Gods and the growing minions of the Interloper Gods known as Gruumsh and Erythnul. The Outriders are the most visible and well-known cabal in the northern lands. They are well respected by the common man, but are considered to be little more than mercenaries and outlaws by many nations.

The most famous temple to Kuil, however, is the Warder temple known as the Heart of Zeal, in the Kingdom of Navirosov. Navirosov, long a bastion of law and good, has always worshiped Jalivier over other gods. This devotion has lead to the citizens of that country to pay homage to Jalivier’s divine wife and offspring as well. Thus, it was inevitable that Kuil’s strongest lawful good cabal would come to prominence in Navirosov. Many turn to Kuil’s Warders when disputes require a more creative solution within the boundaries of the law.

Most other temples dedicated to Kuil are found in lands with a lot of conflict and uncertainty. Major temples can be found in the Aerie Holds, Arkhangel, Crystal Cairns, the Four Cities, Izmer, Minar, Osebye, Tallawan, and the Wind Plains, as well as in Stonn, just to name a few.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
PROJECT: ORGANIZATIONS
Once I've finished writing the last entry for The Racial Miscy (for Harqual) and, at least, started on putting together the details of the Human Cultures of the continent (a large project unto itself), I'll be turning my attention towards fleshing out the many different Organizations known across Harqual.

This includes but is not limited to the following:
  • Angle’s Edge Thieves’ Guild
  • Ara Guild, the
  • Arcane League of the Monarchy, the
  • Arcane Order (yes, the one from both the 2E College of Wizardry accessory and D&D Complete Arcane)
  • Arcanus Mysterium (Sorcery Guild of Eversink; borrowed and reworked from Piratecat's Spira)
  • Black Lotus, the (imported from the City-State of the Invincible Overlord d20 sourcebook)
  • Blades of the Emperor (based on the prestige class in the Path of the Sword d20 sourcebook)
  • Bleak Masters, the
  • Cabal of the Dirge (imported from the Requiem for a God d20 sourcebook)
  • Cagewrights (imported from the DUNGEON Magazine Shackled City Adventure Path)[/COLOR]
  • College of the Twin Moons (imported, renamed, and reworked from the Player's Guide to Faerûn excerpt on WotC's website)
  • Colorless Lodge, the (imported from the If Thoughts Could Kill d20 sourcebook)
  • Companions, the
  • Cult of the Dragon, the (imported from the Forgotten Realms)
  • Disciples of the Way
  • Esoteric Order of the Mooncalf
  • Eyes of Hande Thieves' Guild
  • Fallow's Cross Adventurers (borrowed from a Forgotten Realms 2E website)
  • Fury of the Dragon
  • Halfling Syndicate, the
  • Heartless, the
  • Hounds of Cronn
  • Ironguard, the (based on the Ironbound prestige class in the Hammer & Helm: A Guidebook to Dwarves d20 sourcebook)
  • Iron Minds, the (based on the Iron Mind prestige class in D&D Races of Stone)
  • Iron Ring, the (imported from the Karameikos: Kingdom of Adventure 2E boxed set)
  • Izmer School of Magic
  • Knights Majestic, the
  • Knights of Avion
  • Knights of Izmer
  • Last Laugh Thieves Guild, the (imported from the Shackled City Adventure Path)
  • League of Soldiery
  • MaShir Wolves
  • Memento Mori (imported from the Requiem for a God d20 sourcebook)
  • Mindful, the (imported, renamed, and reworked from Class Chronicles: Psionics Across the Land on WotC's website)
  • Night's Children, the (Assassins' Guild of Eversink; borrowed and reworked from Piratecat's Spira)
  • Opposition, the
  • Order, the (imported from the Dark Sun Campaign Setting [Expanded and Revised])
  • Order of Light
  • Order of the Silver Hand
  • Purge, the (imported, renamed, and reworked from Class Chronicles: Psionics Across the Land on WotC's website)
  • Rapid Riders
  • Rogue Masters Thieves' Guild
  • Sable Company (imported from the Pathfinder Chronicles: Guide to Korvosa d20 sourcebook)
  • Shadowmind Guild (imported from D&D Complete Adventurer)
  • Sisters of the Way
  • Streugedanken (imported, renamed, and reworked from Class Chronicles: Psionics Across the Land on WotC's website)
  • Striders of the Dawn (imported and renamed from the Shackled City Adventure Path)
  • Stormcrowns, the (borrowed and reworked from Piratecat's Spira)
  • Tiger Guild, the
  • Varath's Irregulars
  • Veiled Alliance (imported from the Dark Sun Campaign Setting [Expanded and Revised])
  • Warriors of Thenin
  • Wizard's School of Nasundria
  • Yosyntya, the (The Dark Reborn)
Bolded entires are finished.

I'm also planning on doing something similar with Religious Cults but not until I've neared the completion of detailing the Gods of Harqual. (That is going to take a LONG time.) Plus, there is still going to be the open discussion to help me create the barbarian tribes of the Northlands.

Cheers!

KF72

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
ONAWAY
Small City
Other Names: The City of Tangles.
Political/Religious Affiliations: Onan Terrirtories (captial city); Church of Ptah (minor); Temple of Dionysus (major); Temple of Hela (major).
Power Center: Nonstandard (senate of elders).
Alignments: Lawful Neutral, Neutral, Chaotic Neutral.
_________________________________________________​
Population: 8,200
Demographics: Isolated (95% human, 2% halfling [hairfoot], 1% dwarf [sundered], 1% half-orc, 1% other races).
City Type: City-state.
Fortified?: Yes; stone (thin), wood (thick), and the tangles. Onaway's outer walls are a patchwork of ancient, crumbling stone walls. The interior of Onaway is divided from the outer wall by old, overgrown ruins called the tangles and a strong wooden interior wall.
Epic?: No.
GP Limit: 10,000 gp
Assets: 4,100,000 gp
Main Import: Craftsmen, especially stonemasons.
Main Export: Tangleberry wine.
Authority Figures: Dalam Shallot, a Onan senator (male half-orc); Than LaMarche, Lord of the Senate and Commander in Chief of the Onan Territories (human male).
Important Characters: Beasley, a local merchant and gentleman thief (male human); Clade, local warrior and son of Lucius (male human); Claris, local wizard and ex-member of the Onan Guardsmen (female human); Connor Kassadine, an Onan nobleman and an arcanist (male human); Lucius, owner of the The Burning Fowl Tavern (male human); Rilius, owner of the The Creeping Vine Inn (male human); Sylvania, local priestess of Hela (female human); Telis the Clockmaker, owner of The Clockwork Haven (male human); Ten Balm Hillim, local hedge healer and rogue (male halfling [hairfoot]); Verga Solemnstone, an Onan noblewoman (female dwarf [sundered]); Vestin, member of the Onan Guardsmen (male human).
Organizations: The Cultivators (guild), Onan Guardsmen (city guard), Tanglewalkers (guild), and the Trappers (guild).
Adventurers Welcome?: Varies; Onans have always been a bit suspicious of outsiders, but they usually welcome anyone that can help the city; however, despite recent changes, the city's citizenry is still very suspicious of arcanists.
Notes: The City of Onaway is one of the most unique city-states in the Lands of Harqual. Onaway has been in constant state of disrepair since it was claimed (and renamed) by the Onan clan lead by Than LaMarche decades ago. The city-state has never been completely rebuilt and their are many gaps in its walls; however, the city is one of the most well defended communities of the Sword Gulf. For just within the city-state's patchwork walls is the city's most interesting means of defense, the maze of greenery known as the tangles.

The tangles are what is left of the ruins of a previous city. These ruins date back to the end of the Second Ogre War and they are used by the city-state as a maze that is difficult for outsiders to navigate on their own. The tangles are constantly patroled by a group of rangers and druids known as the Tangle Walkers. The tangles are like a dangerous garden overrun with plants and animals (almost no vermin, however). There is only one direct path through the tangles to the interior of the city-state from the outer walls and it is heavily guarded.

Many in the city-state wish to completely reclaim Onaway's exterior region but there is a great deal of support for keeping the city-state the way it is. Most of this support comes from the families that have been a part of the Tangle Walkers from the very beginning. The senate knows they would have a tough time protecting the city without these families so they keep the status quo as much as they can.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The Races of Harqual - Compiled

Hmm, I was going to upload a compiled Word document file of my Races of Harqual entires, but the file is too big. Oh well, just go on over to my yahoo group if you want the file.

http : // games . groups . yahoo . com / group / worldofkulan /

Cheers!

KF72
-----------
Up next... the human cultures of Harqual and the migration paths they took to get where they are. :D

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
More NPCs

MORE NPCs

Gwen Onbwye, Exiled Owner of ‘Fantasies in Wax’ in Fruen, Owns and Operates ‘Lights and Delights’ in Tian
Stats: hf / 6th level cleric (Bast), 6th level rogue / chaotic good
Homeland: Unknown
Source: City Book I [Gillian Olfin]
Personality: Sultry, independent, and mysterious.
Description: Gwen is (or was) the owner of one of Fruen's most well known, some would say delightful, specialty shops – Fantasies in Wax.

She specializes in delicately crafted, one-of-a-kind candles that are greatly prized by residents of Fruen and merchants as far away as Selquin in the Far South. These candles can be molded into any shape or size the buyer specifies and are always sculpted and decorated by Gwen herself.

Gwen is gorgeous woman with dark-blond hair and haunting green eyes. She loves to swim nude in the moonlight, doesn't drink anything stronger than sarsaparilla, and always goes barefoot. Her pet Siamese cat, called Shinjaru, goes with her everywhere she does.

Many have speculated over the years that she is a witch and when Varath Dragonguard ascended the throne he had her shop seized and the woman dragged off to be tortured on the same day of his coronation. Only by the intervention of Carl Tigerstorm, a long time friend and lover of hers, did she manage to escape.

And while Gwen's shop still remains in the clutches of the Mad One, she has been granted sanctuary in the city of Tian in the Duchy of Minar and has started up a new candle shop she calls Lights and Delights.

Sara Demma
Stats: hf / 5th level cleric (Bast) / neutral good
Homeland: The Kingdom of Stonn
Source: City Book I [Cera D’Mur]
Personality: Iron-willed, quiet, and regal.
Description: Sara is a tiny woman with ice-blue eyes, black hair, and pale, fine features. She is slow to take offense, and has an iron will that belies her stature.

An illegitimate child of a noble family of Aarlan, Sara was given into the Sisters care by her father to avoid scandal. The Sisters then used her to blackmail her father, but Sara objected.

With Gwen’s help, Sara escaped from the Sisters of the Way. After Gwen set up her candle shop in Fruen, she invited Sara to come and work for her.

She and Gwen haven’t made any attempt to contact Sara’s father, and unbeknown to them, he is trying to find his lost daughter.
Sara escaped with Gwen to Tian when Varath seized Fantasies in Wax. She was quite shaken by the event and is never far from her mistresses’ side.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Cade Metalwater, Sheriff of the Village of Leverkan
Stats: ½m (lightfoot) / 6th level expert, 6th level warrior / lawful good
Homeland: Village of Leverkan
Source: Original
Personality: Personable, jovial, and tough.
Description: Cade Metalwater has lived in the village of Leverkan his entire life. This has meant having to deal with the strange denizens of Southern Harqual.

He has negotiated trade agreements with the Torin dwarves and the rakasta, fought and made peace with the desert elves of the Great Expanse, and even had minor dealings with the gnomes of Heverkent Forest.

However, he has shied away from dealing with the mysterious humanoids known as the phanatons that live deep in the forest known as the Merewood. He also tends to isolate his community from the great cities of the south believing that if his village is to survive they must remain true to their history and traditions.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
DEEPWATER
Metropolis
Other Names: Prachtenstad, The Shining City
Political/Religious Affiliations: Church of Belinik (minor); Church of Dike (major); Church of Hades (major); Church of Hansa (minor); Church of Heward (minor); Church of Immotion (major); Church of Kord (major); Church of Kuil (major); Church of Loviatar (minor); Church of Oghma (major); Church of Ramara (major); Church of Rán (minor); Church of Xan Yae (minor); Deepwater Marines (city navy); Griffon Kavallerie (flying cavalry); Stadt Wächter (city guard); the Wachposten (city watch).
Power Center: Nonstandard (oligarchy).
Alignments: All
Population: 132,661
Demographics: Mixed (human 64%, dwarf [hill] 10%, elf [urbanite] 10%, halfling [hairfoot and lightfoot] 5%, half-elf 5%, kitt 3%, half-orc 2%, other races 1%).
City Type: Free.
Fortified?: Yes; stone (thick, magically reinforced).
Epic?: No.
GP Limit: 100,000 gp
Assets: 663,300,000 gp
Main Import: Exotic goods.
Main Export: Textiles (any).
Authority Figures: Piatran Perhkes, The Open Lord (male human); Kharkos Arren, Lord Mage of Deepwater (male human); Morn the Coinmonger (human male); other Lords of the Shining City.
Important Characters: Enialis Ilphukiir, crime lord (male elf [silver]); Helm Blackheart, Elemental Master of Bergunter Mass (male dwarf [sundered]); Lauhren Stormwinden, Lady Mage of Deepwater (female human).
Organizations: Agents of De-Oog (thieves' guild), Arren Academie (arcanists' school), Deepwater Marines (city navy), Gardesoldaten (city guard), Griffon Cavalerie (flying cavalry), Observateurs (city watch), Rode Sjerpen (secret society), Schaduwen (thieves' guild), the Verborgen (criminal consortium), Watchful Order of the Tovenaars (arcanists' guild).
Noble Houses: Buckmens, Ederick, Helder, Karralo, Myntion, Tagon, Windenrivier, and Zwaardal.
Adventurers Welcome?: Yes
Notes: This is my version of Waterdeep from the Forgotten Realms campaign setting.

Last edited:

Remove ads