D&D 3E/3.5 [Kulan] The Lands of Harqual (Updated: Feb 3/2022)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
New NPCs!

TWO MORE NPCs

Inghram Crawford, Viscount
Stats: hm / 7th level fighter / lawful good
Homeland: The Duchy of Minar
Source: Dungeon Magazine #65 (pg. 53-54)
Personality: Fond of sensuous pleasure, unbiased, and saddened.
Description: Inghram is a bon vivant who enjoys good company, especially that of adventurers and other men and women of action. However, he is also an evenhanded lord of the surrounding region, and not a man whose courtesy should be abused.

Inghram spent much of his youth training to be a knight before heading off along the road in search of adventure. When news of his father’s death reached him, he returned to Crawford Manor to settle down and take on the responsibility of being a landowner – collecting taxes, protecting the citizens from bandits and monsters, etc.

He also married the daughter of a fellow knight; however, she died during the birth of their second child, Brand. Inghram loved her deeply and mourns her loss, but he finds comfort by devoting himself to their two children.

Griswell, Advisor to Viscount Crawford
Stats: hm / 6th level wizard / neutral good
Homeland: The Kingdom of Stonn
Source: Dungeon Magazine #65 (pg. 54)
Personality: See below.
Description: Griswell is a fierce-looking man, with deep black hair (graying on the sides) and a Van Dyke beard. His features are sharper still. He dresses in gray robes.

Griswell is Inghram Crawford’s distant cousin, and in their youth they adventured together. While good-natured, Griswell is a suspicious person and does not trust easily; however, he is honest, honorable, and fearful of little.

It is for all of these qualities that Inghram appointed him as his counselor.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
INSERTED POST: Return to Mor's End

MOR'S END
Large City
Other Names: Anoria City, The Fallen City (nickname), City of Crafts (nickname)
Political/Religious Affiliations: The City-state of Flamerule (Anoria is a vassal state of Flamerule); The Fallen Domain of Anoria (capitial city); Cabal of Bel (patron); Church of Apollo (minor [outlawed], in hiding); Church of Bast (outlawed, in hiding); Church of Druaga (minor); Church of Loviatar (major), Church of Math Mathonwy (major); Church of Nether (minor); Cult of Asmodeus (major); Cult of Dispater (minor); Cult of Levistus (minor).
Power Centers: Magical (Infernal sorcerers), monstrous (devils), nonstandard (various guilds have considerable power).
Alignment: Lawful evil
Fortified?: Yes; stone (thick, magically reinforced).
Epic?: No.
Main Export: Iron.
Organizations: Brotherhood of the Infernal Pact (new), Glazers Guild (oppressed), Glittering Brotherhood (oppressed), Guild of Guards (disbanded), Last Laugh Thieves' Guild, Merchants Council (disbanded), Silkers Circle (watched closely), and Wizards Cabal (exiled).
Noble House: Colquhoun, Culder (dwarven, revoked), Drekan (elven, revoked), Gunn, Haljan (revoked), Imar (dwarven, revoked), Innes, Kelvin (founding, exiled), Kerr, Linbak (halfling, revoked), Mac Iomhair (founding, exiled), Macgillivray, Murdoch (founding, exiled), Nitstar (elven, revoked), Ogilvie, Palmora (revoked), Phal (dwarven, revoked), Rankine (founding, exiled), Rochus, Skene, Silar (halfling, revoked), and Stangus (destroyed).
Adventurers Welcome?: No.
Notes: Mor's End, the EN World City Project, was created by various members of the online D&D/d20 community known as EN World. My version of Mor's End has changed significantly from what was created during that process. The city, and all of Anoria, has been subjugated by the Infernals of the City-state of Flamerule. All of the city's demihuman nobles have been stripped of their titles and forced into bondage. In fact, most of the noble houses of Anoria have either been forced out of the city or forced to bow down to the city's new Infernal masters. All of the founding houses have left the domain entirely.

Most of Mor's End's guilds have gone through a similar fall-from-grace. Only the Silkers Circle still has any power, and even they are watched by the Infernals. Members of the guild with ties to the old noble houses were forced to severe those ties or be taken away in chains. The Glazers Guild and the Glittering Brotherhood still exist in the city, but it is almost impossible for the members of those two organizations to make a living. The Guild of Guards and the Merchants Council were forced to disband, and the Wizards Cabal has been exile. The Last Laugh Thieves' Guild, once hunted in the city, have now rose to prominence.

Last edited:

Conaill

First Post
Cool! Glad to see someone is still doing something with Mor's End. And I'm particularly happy to see Thora & her gang on your list. There's just not enough good witches out there. good bad witches, that is! :D

Do let me know if you ever get to use her. I'd love to hear how she does in a playtest...

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Conaill said:
Cool! Glad to see someone is still doing something with Mor's End.

Yep, now all I need to do is find the time to finish the CC2 map.

And I'm particularly happy to see Thora & her gang on your list. There's judt not enough good witches out there. good bad witches, that is! :D

Do let me know if you ever get to use her. I'd love to hear how she does in a playtest...

Hmm, I might fiddle with the character a little. I have one or two witch classes and/or prestige classes available to me.

As for a playtest, unsure since I don't have a game going right now.

KF72

Note: The original Mor's End material was reposted; see post #169. I have now filled in the old post with an overview of the city.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
the Jester said:
Hmm, must've missed Mor's End. Details?

:cool:

Mor's End was the EN World City Project that went on in the Rogues Gallery forum for many months. It sort of died after the initial push to create the city including government, guilds, locales, military, NPCs, etc.

KF72

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Maps

I just saw this thread and was like, wow, this person is putting a lot of work into this world. I wish I had enough time to spend working on my campaign/setting. Anyway, just wanted to say this thread was cool and I've already been given ideas (more general ideas really, but I gotta start somewhere). Anyway, I'm a big map person, and atm, I've only just skimmed this thread since there is so much info, but I was wondering if you were planning on working on any maps for this world.

the Jester

Legend
Dog_Moon2003 said:
Anyway, I'm a big map person, and atm, I've only just skimmed this thread since there is so much info, but I was wondering if you were planning on working on any maps for this world.

Knightfall has a bunch of bitchin' maps in the Art Gallery forum. :)

Yeah, he pours more time and effort into his World of Kulan than most of us- wish I had the time for all the background development he's doing! I've said it before, but it bears repeating- fine work KF!

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Dog_Moon2003 said:
I just saw this thread and was like, wow, this person is putting a lot of work into this world. I wish I had enough time to spend working on my campaign/setting. Anyway, just wanted to say this thread was cool and I've already been given ideas (more general ideas really, but I gotta start somewhere).
the Jester said:
Yeah, he pours more time and effort into his World of Kulan than most of us- wish I had the time for all the background development he's doing! I've said it before, but it bears repeating- fine work KF!
Well, not having a real job means that I've got lots of time to work on my world. Of course, more and more of that 'flood of time' is being dedicated to improving my health and doing writing projects for Silverthorne Games. Eventually I'll get back to working, then my time will be more limited.

Of course, the reality, of World of Kulan, is that I've been building this world for many years, incluidng the old, original hand drawn maps of Harqual, Janardun, the Fallenlands, and Triadora. (Never got around to drawing Kanpur.)

The world has grown with each passing year and I'm only, just now, fleshing out the different kingdoms, baronies, duchies, and city-states on Harqual. My inspirations came from Greyhawk, Mystara, Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance, a little Dark Sun, DRAGON/DUNGEON Magazine, Green Ronin's Freeport, and right here on EN World (i.e. Jester's Cydra, Piratecat's Spira, Sepulchrave's Wyre.)

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm always happy to clarify things, as it often send me into desing tangents.

Dog_Moon2003 said:
Anyway, I'm a big map person, and atm, I've only just skimmed this thread since there is so much info, but I was wondering if you were planning on working on any maps for this world.
the Jester said:
Knightfall has a bunch of bitchin' maps in the Art Gallery forum. :)
Yes, I'm a big fan of maps as well. And, as Jester points out, I have a whole thread dedicated to my CC2 maps for World of Kulan. Here's the link: http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=73364

And thanks, you two, for the praise.

Cheers!

Robert Blezard,
a.k.a. Knightfall1972
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Maps

Originally posted by the Jester
Knightfall has a bunch of bitchin' maps in the Art Gallery forum.

Yeah, I checked those out a couple of days ago, though I'm not sure why I've waited to post this. Anyway, those maps are impressive. The amount of detail and the number of them is staggering. I don't necessarily like the program that was used to make them (though I haven't seen any map creators which meet my high expectations since I like making them by hand and squeezing in so many details-this is me, not you, so please don't take offense :) ).

Do you have any organizations of your world detailed? The post which talked about making them is three months old...

Remove ads