Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour (Updated 29 Jan 2014)

Gez

First Post
I only point out typoes when they are funny or make the sentence kinda confusing. :)

Otherwise, nice update, as always. I wonder if Clueless took enough jink, since there was quite an inflation on that elf's price.

Gerzel

First Post
C'mon. The monsters in the MMs are ONLY generalizations at best. Esp for the more chaotic races. They are averages and many should have far different abilities than they are listed as having. Saying "Its a barbazue it shouldnt' have x power at x strength!" Is like saying "Its just a human, and shouldnt' have any abilities to cast spells, or any to hit bonus (Which normal humans in the mm would be).

Only lawful races and "Pure" beings like elementals ect. should have a great similarity in abilities from one individual to the other. Quite frankly its amazing that the taanari ever produced more than one of any kind of demon. (Don't bring up the SLaad as they have extenuating circumstances.) </soapbox>

Clueless

Webmonkey
Gez said:
I only point out typoes when they are funny or make the sentence kinda confusing. :)

Otherwise, nice update, as always. I wonder if Clueless took enough jink, since there was quite an inflation on that elf's price.

Yes.

I planned ahead.

Florian

First Post
Shemeska said:
The last tasks they performed within the keep was finding the kitchen and serving staff, as well as the two scribes, from where they had been hiding and letting them know that the castle had new owners. In fact they even offered to continue paying them their normal wages even in the absence of the mercane. That they had the mercane’s more than substantial finances, courtesy of “Dalmar Imshenviir’s generous donation” according to Nisha, the group could more than afford to pay the servants to continue upkeep of the castle. The lone remaining guard was released, apologized to, and sent packing with a bit of jink back to one of the gatetowns.

Now see, I preferred the way it went down at the table:

Florian: How much did they pay you?

Scribe: 5 gold per (week? Month? I don't remember--I think it was per week).

Florian hands each scribe twice that amount

Florian: You work for me now.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

God I love being Amnian. ;)

Florian

First Post
Shemeska said:
[soft mutter]Oh Christ...[/soft mutter] that voice hurt my throat something fierce, and it's higher pitched, more nasal and more whiny in person. *laugh*

"Who cares about arms, I have ALL the body parts!" :p

Gez

First Post
The name does implies she's the daughter of Ravel. How many Night Hags named Ravel are there? Yes, I know, an infinity since the Waste is infinite.

Dakkareth

First Post
In my desperation over the lack of updates I finally retrieved PS:T from its resting place - didn't have the time for it before, but now I'm *taking* my time. :D

Shemeska

Adventurer
PhoenixDarkDirk said:
This is a great story so far. I wonder if this Marian Ravelsdotter is at all related to her fellow night hag Ravel Puzzelwell from Planescape: Torment.

I had recently finished Torment around a month before the point where I came up with the hag's name. And since I came up with her name completely on the fly during a chat session, the name simply sprung to mind easily. If she is or isn't Ravel's daughter I leave up in the air. Never let a potential plot hook die. ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases