Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour (Updated 29 Jan 2014)

dostum

First Post
Hi

I just really, really had to say this.

I LOVE NISHA!!!!
I'm actually jealous that Clueless is with her all the time ;)

Florian was about to ask a question before Skalliska cut her off

Florian's a she??

Also, as someone not very well versed in Planescape (hmm no mists), where do you get all those 'loths from, stat-wise?
Do the "Ebon" et al actually exist somewhere, or is this campaign specific? Sorry for the silly questions, I really am quite clueless... and there're so many wheels...

Once more, just in case you forgot, NIIIISHAAAA!!!

Gez

First Post
Gerzel said:
OK, so I'm the only one to have lost characters, though only two of them had their souls ripped apart and the second one had it done voluntarilly dang it!

Skalliska asked to get her soul ripped apart? :confused:

Dostum said:
I LOVE NISHA!!!!

Sod off, berk, I was there before! :p

Dostum said:
Florian's a she??

It's definitely ambiguous.

[URL="https://www.enworld.org/index.php?posts/1801625/ said:
Shemeska[/URL]"] “…she?” Clueless said as he shot Nisha a baffled look “…what’d’ya mean she?”

Nisha paused a moment and coughed, “Excuse me, him. Tongue slipped.”

“…um. Ok then.” Clueless said and shrugged as Nisha brushed it off and pointed up towards A’kin’s shop as they approached it on their path back to the Jammer.

Clueless

Webmonkey
dostum said:
Nope - that's my little sister...
She doesn't end up with Clueless. :)

dostum said:
Florian's a she??
Also, as someone not very well versed in Planescape (hmm no mists), where do you get all those 'loths from, stat-wise?
Do the "Ebon" et al actually exist somewhere, or is this campaign specific? Sorry for the silly questions, I really am quite clueless... and there're so many wheels...

*GRIN* Florian's... an interesting person.
The loths of the group.... Shemmie is canon, with a little extra power in this campaign. Ebon and Shylara are custom to the campaign. Helekinalith when you meet him later - is canon. But he's mentioned in one sentence in one obscure resource - so Shem did the stats in this campaign.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Not all of these folks have full stats mind you.

The Ebon is my own.
Shylara is my own.
The Cheshire Fiend is my own.

Shemeska is canon.
A'kin is canon.
Helekanalaith is canon [He is given a single quote in either Faces of Evil' or 'Planes of Conflict': "A petitioner on fire? Or a burning star falling from the void? Both are equally beautiful to me." - Helekanalaith, Keeper of the Tower of the Arcanaloths". That's the entire extent of his mention in any TSR or WotC product, his personality and physical description are my own work, and I've also written up a bit of backstory for him and Larsdana Apt Neut (who herself is canonical from a single mention, otherwise all other details on her are my own).

All of the Altraloths are canon.

All of the Baernaloths who appear in my campaign are my own with a single exception, though I elaborate on him quite a bit. (Daru Ib Shamiq from 'Hellbound' who I give the additional title of 'Lie Weaver'. You won't meet him for quite a while yet). I'm not counting Apomps in that group however, and more Baern get mentioned eventually later on (more recently in the game) then actually make a physical appearance in the plot.

Last edited:

Shemeska

Adventurer
dostum said:
I LOVE NISHA!!!!

Nisha does eventually end up with one of the PCs and they're disgustingly cute at times. Till then Nisha just gets to serve as my own comic relief in an increasingly dark campaign; evil is oppressively more powerful in my campaign world in many ways, but they fall inwards upon themselves enough to keep them roughly balanced with the upper planes in terms of overall power. And good God do they fall inwards upon themselves... war is brewing and it'll be interesting to see who and what all steps out of the ashes.

(And it's unlikely that there will be a SH update this next week unless I write something entirely on Friday night. If so you may get something but a little shorter than usual. I'll make up the next week for it)

Clueless

Webmonkey
Who knows - maybe I'll slap something together for you guys instead. Shem's got some serious workload this week - I'll be lucky to see him online.

Gez

First Post
Shemeska said:
Nisha does eventually end up with one of the PCs and they're disgustingly cute at times.

Fyrehowl and Florian are both taken by Clueless, and we know it's not Clueless. Skalliska the Kobold is a different size category, a different order of vertebrate, and not a different gender; each of these reasons being enough to suppose a romantic interest is unlikely.

So, it leaves three choices possible: Toras the big strong guy, and Tristol the kyoot wizard with a kyoot pet. (The third choice being, of course, another PC that has not been introduced yet. Hasn't Gerzel talked about the death of characters, and only the succubus was seen dead yet.)

dostum

First Post
Thanks for the info., and for adding even more stuff to my must-get-now list..
Are the Altraloths also from Faces of Evil / Planes of Conflict?

evil is oppressively more powerful in my campaign world in many ways, but they fall inwards upon themselves enough to keep them roughly balanced with the upper planes in terms of overall power. And good God do they fall inwards upon themselves
Now that's how it should be done! Though I imagine with all the work on the 'loths, their histories, schemes, general "evilness", and just keeping the game going, this gets increasingly... difficult... to juggle.. you evil puppetmaster, you.

Nisha does eventually end up with one of the PCs and they're disgustingly cute at times.

So, it leaves three choices possible
^^ You forgot Florian ;)

*Chapeau* to the DM and players.
and Nisha :eek:

Shemeska

Adventurer
dostum said:
Are the Altraloths also from Faces of Evil / Planes of Conflict?

They're detailed in an article by Ed Bonny is the Dragon mag annual #2 (as I recall).

Now that's how it should be done! Though I imagine with all the work on the 'loths, their histories, schemes, general "evilness", and just keeping the game going, this gets increasingly... difficult... to juggle.. you evil puppetmaster, you.

That's what flowcharts are for ;)
It gets convoluted, but that's what killing off characters are for as well. *grin*

Plus, I took a page out of J Michael Strazinsky's playbook here in having the overall plot charted out since day 1 of the campaign with a couple possible alternate plot directions to take into account player unpredictability (which they've nailed me with a few times).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases