Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour (Updated 29 Jan 2014)

81Dagon

Explorer
Out of curiosity, did we ever get an explanation as to how exactly Toras is a half-Quesar? I'm writing a bit for Planewalker on celestials and currently this is of great interest to me.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Out of curiosity, did we ever get an explanation as to how exactly Toras is a half-Quesar? I'm writing a bit for Planewalker on celestials and currently this is of great interest to me.

Not yet in the storyhour (and I'd have to actually look back to my campaign notes to see if there was an explanation from his player, though I think there was).

Shemeska

Adventurer
Demonomicon of Iggwilv - Shemeshka the Marauder

I'll just drop that link here and grin like a fool. I'm incredibly happy with that, and while I'm not sure how many folks here have the ability to read it since it's behind the DDI paywall, it's relevant to this storyhour. :)

It's relatively edition free, though nominally within the 4e cosmology rather than the Great Wheel. But my coauthor Brian James and I pulled from every edition worth of lore that we could, from 2e, 3e, and 4e. And yes, there are some easter eggs some readers of the storyhour will notice. Crazy, manged, NE easter eggs. ;)

Shemeska

Adventurer
not sure if have i ever wanted Wotc to sell Dragon on its own more than i do now...

If it makes you feel any better, I don't have a subscription either, so it took me a day and asking for a pdf copy to see the final version that went to print (so to speak).

I'm totally stoked that I got to work on this, but at the same time I realize that it might have a relatively lower number of readers compared to the folks online that have followed my work in the past. You can't browse a magazine in the store anymore or borrow a copy from a friend. Things possibly have a lot less exposure behind the DDI paywall, especially when the fanbase splintered as it did.

That said, I'm pretty happy with the final version, though I will admit that some of the material prior to a rewrite was some of the better stuff I've produced. It's possible I suppose that it might get reused in some capacity, but given that it's intertwined with restricted IP, it's more likely I might just share the cut bits if I'm able to do so at some point.

sciborg3

First Post
I wouldn't worry too much, I suspect the DDI is going to expand into the Planescape cosmos when Next comes around so many of your followers will likely read this and probably some other stuff that they'll commission you for!

Tsuga C

Adventurer
Drat!

Demonomicon of Iggwilv - Shemeshka the Marauder

...I'm not sure how many folks here have the ability to read it since it's behind the DDI paywall, it's relevant to this storyhour. :)

Aaaannnnd I'm officially let down because I'm one of the multitudes who'd certainly enjoy reading this piece, but I'm not currently and never will be a subscriber. :rant:

Crap. Still, it's good to see that you're still doing what you do so well.

Toras

First Post
I can actually field that.

The overall shtick is that his parents were the guardians of one of Andros's (God of Smiting/Childcare) Orphanages on a prime world. I don't know if I ever specified which, but you get the basic jist. They had a Scarlet Witch/Vision style romance, and after they fell defending said orphanage against a horde of the undead, they were taken into the realm of their god and there granted a son born of divine magic. (Classic Miracle, just as Issac)

I reverse engineered the personality of Alexander Anderson (From Hellsing) and tried to create an environment and genetic combination that would make the resulting personality a rational progression.

In many ways, I liked justiposing the uplifting (Divine reward, Heaven) with the mad (Raised by the Dead, Unnatural, and Surrounded by an endless battle that everyone is enjoying and no one takes too seriously). In a very real way, Toras isn't conventionally sane but he comes by it honestly.

Tsuga C

Adventurer
Executive Summary, Perhaps?

Dear Shemeska:

I understand that you're quite busy, so if you've given up on providing us with a "novelized" compendium of both adventures, perhaps you might offer us an anthology of each instead. Encounters of lesser importance could be summarized briefly and those of greater importance could be fleshed out properly in order to save time. This would at least let your following here enjoy some sort of resolution to your fine story hours. *crosses fingers*

Respectfully,
Tsuga C

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases