Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour (Updated 29 Jan 2014)

Shemeska

Adventurer
Ryltar said:
Nice update. Poor marut, however :D.

I'm looking forward to how this all ties in with the Jester and Many-As-One, because, right now, I'm feeling a little lost ;).

Some of it does tie in, some of it is its own thing entirely. The players were confused too, and worried. Also, I may mention something and only have it come back around and mean something a year or more later ;)

Gez

First Post
Shemeska said:
I will say that I adore the style of the artist from the pic on page 9, and I'll eventually try to commission a pic from her of Nisha.

What pic? I don't see any.

*pauses*

*computes*

9*40/50=7.

Oh, you meant on page 7? :D

I'm surprised Nisha didn't pull out a crowbar from one of her bag of holdings and ask Toras to start prying the legs out of the Golden Bebilith. :)

Hellraider

First Post
Found you...

Shemeska...

Shall we fight it out at once, and end it?

Check your PMs at WoTC.
On a completely unrelated note, awesome storyhour. I`m a soon-to-be DM, and I find your work really inspiring.

(thinks whether got anything else to say)
Good job.

Clueless

Webmonkey
It's supposed to be a little confusing. There's something going on here that well - there's no real way we would have known about. But this is still my favorite plot arc - for sheer moodiness.

Aneul

First Post
Clueless said:
An artist friend that we know locally - she's not doing quite as much in that style anymore but we can certainly hook you up with her if you'd like to commission work. ;)

Thanks, but unfortunately, I'm not in the postion to be comisioning works from anyone, and never have been... oh well. Great picture anyway, though. You guys should see if you can get her to do a picture of your party to match that one of the campaign's villians.

Shemeska said:
“Whether by age, plague, war, or the hangman’s noose, the inevitability of death waits for none.”

Poor Marut is right! Out of curiosity, is this the same marut and chamber as in the short story you posted on Planeswalker a while back?

dal673

First Post
I am thinking the exact same thing, Aneul!
Enjoyed that story to.
Furthermore: I'm still highly enjoying and inspired by your StoryHour, Shemeska. Thanks again.

Greetz,

DaL673

Clueless

Webmonkey
Aneul said:
Poor Marut is right! Out of curiosity, is this the same marut and chamber as in the short story you posted on Planeswalker a while back?
cluelesssmirk.gif

Dakkareth

First Post
Curse you, Shemeska, for making me stay up so long. Curse you for making me search through ebay, trying to acquire Planescape material in print (and spending way too much money). Curse you for making me write long-winded fiction in bad English. Curse you, Shemeska for making me stay up this long!

Please don't stop ;).

Ryltar

First Post
As an aside:

[very minor WotSQ spoiler ahead - nothing serious, though.]
I just got Resurrection in the mail yesterday, it being the final book in the War of the Spider Queen series (which, thus far, I rather liked). The book itself is nice, though there's this one thing ...

... see, it's got 'loths in it. And while I usually dig Paul Kemp's work, their appearance in Resurrection is rather ... ugh. Khalas got renamed to Calaas (coolness going way up, eh?), the Oinoloth is named Kexxon (I wonder if his vileness is rated in barrels?), and the Yugoloths are evil only in a "I decorate my walls with dead people" kind of way.

I'm about 3/4 through now. Maybe it'll get better toward the end ... but this portrayal of 'loths alone makes me appreciate this SH so much more. Thanks again, Shemeshka.

You can find a sample Loth chapter - Chp. 1 - at O Love's page.

Last edited:

Shemeska

Adventurer
Ryltar said:
As an aside:

Paul also had yugoloths generating from larvae, which they don't, ever, so I think it safe to assume that while he may have given a tip of the hat to 'loths, he didn't read previous material in much depth before he wrote what he did. The sentiment was appreciated, but I'm still going to laugh at the 3e FR cosmology.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases