Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour (Updated 29 Jan 2014)

Toras

First Post
Minor point, twas Toras and Florian that made the save for the Symbol (for reasons that will be come apparent as we continue)

Tristol

Explorer
Toras said:
Minor point, twas Toras and Florian that made the save for the Symbol (for reasons that will be come apparent as we continue)

*prods Toras with his quarter-staff* Diary, page 7. Tristol made the save, and I recall talking to Florian about it in hushed whispers. I don't think the winged friend of ours made the save, but I do believe it was you, myself, and Florian. There's also this wonderful thing called artistic license that lets him write it however he wants, despite the tiny inconsistencies with the actual turn of events. Sometimes it doesn't really matter :>

As for how it was played, we sort of suspended the game play for a moment when the symbol hit and we tried to figure out how we could still do what we wanted, but be cooperative. Symbols of persuasion don't say you need to fall on your knees and trust people, or that you have to be wholly cooperative with them. So, those that were hit opted for the midground on it. Talk with him, answer questions, enjoy the company, but no commitments. And that's primarily what we did. But boy did he get ticked when it wasn't working out exactly how he expected it to.

And for those curious, this is about where Tristol's Diary picks up the story. Might be a spot or two that's missing as it is the beginning, but the information starts there. Shemmy here will likely use it to figure out the details of who said what and how things got done, but it's not really detailed on all the combat and everyone's words or thoughts. More of Tristol's internal reflection on the events. I would recommend reading the story hour stuff first, and then stopping in the diary so you don't spoil anything. You get a much more unbiased point of view here than you do with the diary.

Clueless

Webmonkey
Yeah. We all sorta paused and looked at the DM and went. "Wait? We're LE now?" looked around at each other... "Um. What does that actually change guys? Now we'll work together... we'll be *cranky*?"

Which is sorta what it turned out like, as the cat's offers just didn't appeal, and we were lawful so we weren't going to just drop the idea of what we were doing.

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
Tristol said:
*prods Toras with his quarter-staff* Diary, page 7. Tristol made the save, and I recall talking to Florian about it in hushed whispers. I don't think the winged friend of ours made the save, but I do believe it was you, myself, and Florian. There's also this wonderful thing called artistic license that lets him write it however he wants, despite the tiny inconsistencies with the actual turn of events. Sometimes it doesn't really matter :>
And for those curious, this is about where Tristol's Diary picks up the story. Might be a spot or two that's missing as it is the beginning, but the information starts there. Shemmy here will likely use it to figure out the details of who said what and how things got done, but it's not really detailed on all the combat and everyone's words or thoughts. More of Tristol's internal reflection on the events. I would recommend reading the story hour stuff first, and then stopping in the diary so you don't spoil anything. You get a much more unbiased point of view here than you do with the diary.

Where can we read the diary? Or is that possible.

Thank you,
GW

Tristol

Explorer
Graywolf-ELM said:
Where can we read the diary? Or is that possible.

A more direct link to it is: http://vulpes.foxpaws.net/Tristol's%20Diary.pdf. I would caution you about it on several points: 1) It goes WAY ahead of the story hour so will spoil a lot of stuff. 2) It's written from a biased point of view. There's a good bit of summary of what happened at various stages, but you won't see the thoughts of other characters. You will get a lot of insight into my head though at the various stages to make up for the lack of omniscience. 3) It's not checked for typos and grammatical issues. Word did a splendid job of doing the spell check for me, but I likely butchered names, places, and other things. I don't want corrections either, unless it's truly horrible and doesn't make any sense. 4) It's incomplete. There are some events not described (because I was lazy or didn't see it as needed), and the whole last few weeks of the session are out too. So, there's at least some mystery left. I just wasn't motivated enough to finish it up.

Having covered all that, enjoy! Remember not to spoil things, as Shemmy is doing a rather bang up job of covering it from all angles. I would recommend sticking here for the overall adventure, and then reading the diary to catch it from a character perspective. And if you feel like commenting, please do. I appreciate the time taken to let me know what you think.

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
Tristol said:
Having covered all that, enjoy! Remember not to spoil things, as Shemmy is doing a rather bang up job of covering it from all angles. I would recommend sticking here for the overall adventure, and then reading the diary to catch it from a character perspective. And if you feel like commenting, please do. I appreciate the time taken to let me know what you think.

That is how I intended to handle it. With the way Shemmy lays the story down, I wouldn't want to read ahead.

Thank you,
GW

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Shemeska said:
She's not working for Bel. ;)

She said she was, but she's not. Tiamat, yes. But which archfiend she's allied with, the Rakshasa seemed aware of: Lord of the 5th, Levistus.
Damn those lying baatezu! So, I assume this turns out to be a plot point in the near future, yes?

Demiurge out.

Zuoken

First Post
After having finished reading all 24 pages of this storyhour and enjoying every last word of it, I have but one thing to say:

DAMN!!!!

Shemmy, you are the master of labyrinthine plots and despicable villains; I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, and I want to be just like you. Consider this little blubbering man to be yet another fan of your storyhour.

Now on with the show!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases