Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour (Updated 29 Jan 2014)

primemover003

First Post
What could the Us and Illsenine have to do with Jeremo or the Palace of the Jester??? Curiouser and curiouser...

And Shemmy dropping the MDJ-bomb would be a scary sight! Was the language Baern? Even if she is a high level sorceress from past episodes I don't take her to be anywhere near the level of even Helekanalaith or Vorkannis.

Shemeska

Adventurer
primemover003 said:
What could the Us and Illsenine have to do with Jeremo or the Palace of the Jester??? Curiouser and curiouser...

And Shemmy dropping the MDJ-bomb would be a scary sight! Was the language Baern? Even if she is a high level sorceress from past episodes I don't take her to be anywhere near the level of even Helekanalaith or Vorkannis.

She's nowhere close to those two. The former is an archfiend for all intents and purposes, and the latter is solidly an archfiend, maybe even outside of his newfound status as Oinoloth. The Marauder is influential, but she's simply not in the same catagory of raw power as those two.

She was casting some of her spells in Baernaloth, learned from the Ebon as part of her price for supporting his ascension to Oinoloth. She's not fully fluent in it, and perhaps not capable of it in the same way as the original speakers and some others. At best, she's casting in a bastardized mix of infernal/abyssal/Baern at times that gives her spells a bit more punch than standard.

At this point in the storyhour, I think I had her pegged at a Sorc 19 or so (With 12 of those levels being racial though I have some wierd houserules w/ the racial spellcasting abilities of arcanaloths. I more or less have them learning spells as wizards, but capable of casting them spontaneously as sorcerers. It's overpowered yes, but it fits their flavor).

The stats that I wrote for Shemmy over at Planewalker (plus snazzy art) probably fit her more or less at this point, aside from the Baern wierdness she learned from Vorkannis. You'll find it here.

Aneul

First Post
Great story, Shemeska, I've just caught up!
This most recent was one of your best updates, the presence of Cranium rats in Jeremo's palace is worrying/intrieging indeed, a good way to top off the already troubling events of the party.

bluegodjanus

Explorer
Clueless said:
*giggles a little* One of my favorite plot arcs coming up next. Has my favorite NPC in the entire game.

You mean Seamuszanthusxemus, Slayer of Fiends, Merchant Most Excellent, Purveyor of Death isn't your favourite? Whyever not?

Aneul

First Post
A somewhat random question- but what are your sword's stats, Clueless?
The descriptions of it at the story hour's opening and durring your sparring match with the Githzerai (sp?) Cypher who's name escapes me sparked my intrest.

Clueless

Webmonkey
Razor gets more fun over time. I think it's after the next arc when I start upgrading. As he is - you're looking at a +2 maybe? ghost touch longsword. The personality that's implied in him is more the RP of a bladesinger's close relation to his blade. There's a bladesinger only spell that we established in game actually - which is essentially a instant recall to my hand if I get disarmed or the blade gets stolen.

Shemeska

Adventurer
bluegodjanus said:
You mean Seamuszanthusxemus, Slayer of Fiends, Merchant Most Excellent, Purveyor of Death isn't your favourite? Whyever not?

No, because anytime I have to RP that little bastard I have to do so in his voice, and that squeaky mephit voice hurts my throat after a while. *scoff*

Florian

First Post
Shemeska said:
No, because anytime I have to RP that little bastard I have to do so in his voice, and that squeaky mephit voice hurts my throat after a while. *scoff*

Now see, you say that like it's a bad thing.

Of course, I'm the one with the Elastic Vocal Cords of 1000 Voices, so....

Krafus

First Post
I am so going to enjoy reading when Clueless finally gets his wish of shaving that bitch Shemeska...

Oh, and the more A'kin tries to act according to his name, the more I'm wary of that 'loth. I have a suspicion that someday all the acceptance they adventurers have given him is going to come back and bite them hard in the ass.

Excellent writing as usual, Shemeska. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases