Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour (Updated 29 Jan 2014)

Ryltar

First Post
Somehow, the whole "Clueless and the sphere" situation seems to call for a sudden catastrophic event :D. Oh, did anyone (=the other PCs) notice that the spell he cast vs. the keepers was beyond his usual capabilities?

Shemeska

Adventurer
Fimmtiu said:
Somehow they're a little less creepy when someone's playing the "Stop hitting yourself!" game with them, though. :D

*grin* He's done that on multiple occasions, much to the lament of numerous LBEGs. Eventually however I did manage to get some level of satisfaction, and it was named 'Mords Disjunction'. By the end of the campaign Toras was openly claiming that he was going to go to Oerth, track that b*astard down and make him pay for inventing that spell. ;)

Beating up on my creepy villains... :D

I like the idea of disposing of unruly patrons through a portal to elemental Fire, too. Brutal but effective...

They had too much fun with that. And where the portals in the inn went, most of them were randomly rolled up. *grin*

Shemeska

Adventurer
Ryltar said:
Somehow, the whole "Clueless and the sphere" situation seems to call for a sudden catastrophic event :D. Oh, did anyone (=the other PCs) notice that the spell he cast vs. the keepers was beyond his usual capabilities?

At one point Clueless was around 4 percentile points on a d100 away from spontaneous and spectacular incineration on one of his attempts to use the stuff. :]

And yes, they started to notice quickly when he started tossing out level 5+ spells that weren't tied to his fey nature, or commonly associated with bladesingers. And as usual, Tristol's response was pretty much 'Keep it away from me!'.

I still find it funny that Clueless just picked that thing up because it looked cool and for no other reason. The most powerful thing in that collection of items and it only got taken on the last round of choices. A room full of powerful magic items, and there's one that doesn't radiate magic but looks all spiffy... yummy artifacts...

Clueless

Webmonkey
Fimmtiu said:
I like the idea of disposing of unruly patrons through a portal to elemental Fire, too. Brutal but effective...
We also toss them through one way force wall windows later in the game. ;) It's amusing to see someone get bounced out through the big open window - and thinking it's just an open space, because it looks like it - try to jump back in. (splat) It's something that may or maynot have been mentioned by now is that that's a varient we've seen in the game and Clueless snatched up the spell with glee.

Clueless

Webmonkey
Shemeska said:
At one point Clueless was around 4 percentile points on a d100 away from spontaneous and spectacular incineration on one of his attempts to use the stuff. :]
And yes, they started to notice quickly when he started tossing out level 5+ spells that weren't tied to his fey nature, or commonly associated with bladesingers.

Well, to be honest - they were all witnesses OOC to the Slaadi creation incident - so they knew from the get go what I had. The spells were an interestingly useful thing and they didn't know at first about the percentile roll - until I failed one. Or rather, until *Tristol* failed one. (opps)

How it worked as near as I could figure:

1) I could create objects by willing them into existance (Slaadi, other magical effect proof containers like the orb). This used up a droplet of the material.

2) Permanitize magical effects on items (one way force wall window, an anti-scrying device later in the game, amongst other things). This used up a droplet of the material.

3) Recall to memory any magical spell effect up to 6th level such as force wall. This did *not* use up the material so long as the spell wasn't over 6th level. This was the most used ability in the game. This is also what got me to OD on legend lore spells. It hasn't come up in the game yet - but I had a habit of knocking myself unconscious with that spell - and for awhile there I was getting LL flashes on things I touched at random.

4) Enhance the effect of any spell beyond it's normal capacity, I never really got into this one but I suspect it was a way of putting metamagic feats on a existing spell.

In all cases, it took far too long to figure out that the DM was rolling dice in the background to try to kill me. Tristol discovered it before I did in an emergency situation when he had to 'cheat' as well. Generally the effects of whatever happened couldn't be fixed either - so natural healing is fuuuun - stupid stat drain.

I liked the depleted heavy magic that we picked up later Much better.

Clueless

Webmonkey
Shemeska said:
I still find it funny that Clueless just picked that thing up because it looked cool and for no other reason. The most powerful thing in that collection of items and it only got taken on the last round of choices. A room full of powerful magic items, and there's one that doesn't radiate magic but looks all spiffy... yummy artifacts...

I thought it'd make a cool paperweight! Seriously - I was thinking of my desk at the inn, put the fish form the mercane on one end, and the shiney globe of golden water at the other. And I'd have cubicle toys! But what did we learn from this? Never give a fey a toy based on chaos - they'll keep playing till they get burned. And then maybe a little more after that. Clueless seemed to have the most gadawful luck in picking up the wierd stuff, and it seemed to *work* considering his nature.

Last edited:

Ryltar

First Post
*grins* Well, I'm willing to bet that at least one PC in my campaign would do the same in your situation ... we'll see :D.

Anyway: that was pretty powerful stuff there, Clueless. *chuckle* Did you ever empty the globe?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases