Scarred Lands: Ask the Sage [Version 3.65729 with Upgrades!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Just in case you missed it, here's the old thread: Old 2.79 Thread

Now next post from me will be an updated Pr-class listing with page numbers for all but Blood Sea, PG: Monks and Paladins and SLCS: Termana. So enjoy. :)

Last edited:

dreaded_beast

First Post
Are there any Scarred Lands specific Demons or Devils?

I don't mean "new" monsters in the sense of a stat block. More like fiendish NPCs, demons or devils that have a history or background within the Scarred Lands setting.

Do the Lords of the Nine (especially Asmodeus) have a presence within the Scarred Lands? Same question about Demon Princes.

eryndel

Explorer
dreaded_beast said:

I don't mean "new" monsters in the sense of a stat block. More like fiendish NPCs, demons or devils that have a history or background within the Scarred Lands setting.

Do the Lords of the Nine (especially Asmodeus) have a presence within the Scarred Lands? Same question about Demon Princes.

Though Nightfall likes to insist that Orcus is in the Scarred Lands, I believe in this regard he might be a little lotus-addled. ;)

Perhaps in the upcoming Edge of Infinity there will be some descriptions of the more notable fiends and angels in the scarred planes.

Was that out loud? :eek:

Werner

Last edited:

Trickstergod

First Post
dreaded_beast said:

Just to continue on a bit with Eryndel's commentary, I wouldn't discount the presence of the archfiends or paragon celestials from the Scarred Lands cosmology, but I'd wager they're not going to have any official presence there, and if one wants to integrate them, I'd set them more up as governors of a sort than the be all, end all rulers of their respective domains - which is to say, that they're ultimately beholden to the gods, or at the least, hiding from them due to being associated with the titans (or just for the sake of their own independence).

Beyond that, though, there's already a number of Scarred Lands fiends, in all of the three Creature Collections, and even a few archfiends to boot - such as Kamanthikus, the Formless One, Malocchio, and that chap mentioned in the Player's Guide to Sorcerers, Wizards and Bards. The evil-eye guy is actually statted up in the Savage Bestiary.

Taelorn76

First Post
Nightfall said:
Just in case you missed it, here's the old thread: Old 2.79 Thread

Now next post from me will be an updated Pr-class listing with page numbers for all but Blood Sea, PG: Monks and Paladins and SLCS: Termana. So enjoy. :)

Nightfall you can copy and paste the list from my sig if you want. It is already in HTML format.

Nightfall

Taelron,

Yeah but I was also hoping to add beside page numbers, a few corrections on the list as well as additions for Blood Sea. Sadly I've been a little too busy to do that JUST now. Soon however.

db,

As indicated by Werner and Trick, there are unique and powerful fiends much like you find in other D&D worlds. Are they same as in FR and GH? Not really. That doesn't mean you COULDN'T replace them with Lords of the Nine and such. I will say if your DM wants to use the Core Wheel setting it's certainly doable, but I don't believe the Blood War and other D&D core aspects are not as much in play. There are cults devoted to demons and devils, as evidenced by the Obsidin Pyre as well as parts of the Church of Chardun and even some cases, Demonlogists that draw on power of such infernal beings. But for the most part these are very small and most are beholden to their aligned deity of the Dark Gods (Vangal, Belsameth and Chardun.) And yes as Werner said, pick up Edge of Infinity. That will spell out the offical cosmology a little more clearly.

Werner,

Not lotus addled, just slightly addicted to the Demon Prince of Undead's power. :)

Trick,

I know the guy is the Thorned Lord and I believe the Obsidin Pyre's favor is some full fledged Daemon Prince that was formerly a Summoner in the service of the Empire of Lede, before its deep demise in the Divine War. No idea which evil eye guy you could mean. I do know there's a cult in Chardun's Church that follows Jeral, the Slaver's Herald. I believe he and the Taurosphinx are the only ones I know of that have such a cult.

Taelorn76

First Post
What I meant to say was to copy the page to your PC and edit it all you want then post it here. Just to save you time from writting it all up again.

Nightfall

Taelorn76 said:
What I meant to say was to copy the page to your PC and edit it all you want then post it here. Just to save you time from writting it all up again.
No worries Taelron, I will cut and paste via word as that's what I'm planning. Besides I can then do a separate document for the feats.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads