Calling Leap Year babies

morrolan

First Post
Leap-Year baby here, too.

When I got my US citizenship (moved here from England), the computer at the immigration office wouldn't accept 2/29 as a valid date. Yay for government funded software. :p

I've never actually met anyone else with a leap year b-day, so Happy B-Day! brothers!! No big plans here, I'm just hoping to spend some quality time with friends and family. And hopefully masses of giftwrapped delights! :D

Last edited:

Stebie9173

First Post
In my year at Primary School (England, age 4 to 6) out of 32 kids there were four of us born on the 29th.... Born in 1968. 1967 must have been one good Summer of Love...

As for presents... Best Picture Oscar for Return of the King would be nice! :D

Last edited:

johnsemlak

First Post
morrolan said:
Leap-Year baby here, too.

When I got my US citizenship (moved here from England), the computer at the immigration office wouldn't accept 2/29 as a valid date. Yay for government funded software. :p

I've never actually met anyone else with a leap year b-day, so Happy B-Day! brothers!! No big plans here, I'm just hoping to spend some quality time with friends and family. And hopefully masses of giftwrapped delights! :D
I've never actually met another Leap Year baby myself.

I haven't had any of the frustrations you mentioned, but they are quite imaginable. Mostly I experience the amazement and disbelief when people learn my birthday.

In 2000 I went to a restaurant that had a special for leap year babies. I think I was they only one that came. The staff were so excited all the waiters came over to my table and the manager came and wished me happy birthday.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Not quite the same, but I propsed to my now-wife on Feb 29, 1996. Thus, we've been married for nearly seven years, but I proposed not quite three years ago. :)

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
I wasn't born on 2/29, but my step-sister was born on the 28th and her oldest son was born on the 29th. Three out of four years they share a birthday.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases