(Adventure) In Service of Orussus (dpdx judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamsteak

Explorer
This thread begins the hunt for the mercenaries of Brigand's road.

After everyone reports in, we can begin.

Last edited:

Mithreander

Explorer
Folowing Harwin to the location specified in the notice, THoria looks around, unconscously flexing her fingers on her mace.

Noticing DD is not there, she turns to see if the gladiator was following. Seeing her come up behind THoria, she smiles and turns to the others.

"We supposed to meet someone here?"

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Mithreander said:
Noticing DD is not there, she turns to see if the gladiator was following. Seeing her come up behind THoria, she smiles and turns to the others.

"We supposed to meet someone here?"

In spite of her longer legs, sara has fallen behind due to the distraction of trying to ballance an empty mug on the tip of her sword. "Yeah, to determine if we're good enough to fight their ogre. I think there's a story like this about a cat and a briar patch... or maybe a fox and a bell. I dunno, I haven't heard bedtime stories since..." she pauses and for the first tiniest moment actually looks a little serious, but shakes it off with a laugh as the mug falls to the ground. "Well, unless you count the one about the high priest who fell into the pit while blessing his champion and went three out of five throws with a dire ape! Old Roger used to tell that one all the time..."

Skyman

First Post
"You very confusing, human!" exclaims Groggnir. "You talk about things we not know about." Despite his short legs Groggnir seems to have no trouble keeping up with the others. In fact in his impatience he keeps moving ahead, then sighing and turning around to wait.

OOC: Sorry for the delay, I was on vacation with no comp access.

Ghostknight

First Post
Harwin looks at Sara wistfully. Shakes his head and starts to speak.

We often used to be told stories, many times during the day. When we woke up as we got dressed, while having midmorining snacks, at lunch, tea time, and while being bathed before going to sleep. They were meant to be educational, religiously and secular.

Entertaining, yep, but hardly enough to educate. We though the world was so much simpler and easier than it actually was. My friends and I thought being heroes was easy, well they are all dead now and I can hardly look at the people back home.

Well, I can now get my revenge against giants, and ogres are just like any others! Maybe when I have rid the world of enough of these scourges I will eventually be able to go home. Right now I cannot bear their complacency and acceptance of the world as it stands!

Patting his sword and axe he moves forward, looking around for whomever it is that is supposed to me meeting with them.

Last edited:

Aranel

First Post
((I know its been suspended but I'm just saying 'here'))

Karcer had followed along quietly, watching and listening. Her axe was carried over her right shoulder, held by both hands, ready to swing it at anything. Looking around for something that needed cutting down. That human was damned tall...
Maybe she could cut off a couple of inches...it would make the creature easier to talk to. That made sense. Then she'd be normal height and thank Karcer too.

Hmm...The halfling was too short...could use a few inches. Maybe Karcer could take off the humans extra height...and add it to the Halfling?

She kept thinking that over as they had stopped, seemingly waiting for someone...

Creamsteak

Explorer
The High Court of Orussus sits on a stepped marble base on the northwest corner of the city. In front of the facility is a granite statue of a massive dwarf weilding a huge spiked club in his left hand as if the man was dragging it behind him. The statue is labled, "In the name of Morg, In Service of Orussus."

The court itself is a huge granite work originally a temple for a bastion of good-aligned minotaurs that ruled this region hundreds of years ago. The massive doors, meant to impress even a giants stature, are a sign to their history. The only religious symbols that adorn this simple location now are that of the horn-like columns that act as the superstructure for the domed building, and the statement across the dome written in giant, "Honor be damned, we live to be free."

Once ushered into a main antechamber, you are all sat down to a comfortable seeting arrangement consisting of a three fourths crescent of cushioned resting couches. A chandelier made of bronzes sits above, unlit in the daylight hours.

A young priestess of the law is the courtier to your activities, wearing the tan colored linens of an oath-holder to the court. After ushering everyone in, she makes her first request, "We will be offering you a meal, but I have been unable to judge whether you would prefer to take it before or during the meeting. Judge Zimir will be here shortly. Oh, and thank you for coming..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases