Adventure Hunting

Eltern

First Post
A while ago I asked for a very specific kind of adventure (10th level-? level, had to be completable in one summer, and have a megadventure feel like RttToEE or Banewarrens) and came up with nothing. Now that my current adventure (Banewarrens) is nearing its end, I'm going to try again.

I'm looking for an adventure, or possibly a small string of adventures, that: starts around level 10
is not too high magic
has equal parts roleplaying and combat (and I mean it!)
has a geographic element to it (ex. RttToEE can involve some hiking around to various cities/locales, while Tomb of Horrors is all one area)

If someone has a suggestion, even if it's just a kinda small module, I can build off of it to fit my campaign. The big problem, I think, is the geographic element, which my players suprised me with when I asked them what they wanted in a game. I suppose plane jumping would be appropriate, too.

Thanks!
Eltern

Hammerhead

Explorer
A mega-adventure, with equal parts roleplaying and combat, with geographic elements?

Well, I can state that your best option might be Wizard's City of the Spider Queen. I've never played it myself, but I have heard some decent things about it.

It goes from 10th-18th, involves exploring the Underdark, and while it's certainly not equal parts roleplaying and combat, it has enough negotiation opportunities and such to satisfy roleplayers.

Ghostwind

First Post
I'd recommend taking a look at MonkeyGod Enterprise's Song of Storms and the sequel Edge of Dreams. They are certainly adventures that have a strong element of roleplay to them.

DMFTodd

DM's Familiar
My site, The Wyrm's Hoard, is a searchable database of adventures. Searching for adventures starting at level 8 to 12 and gaining at least 2 levels reveals: Deathright (Kalamar), Demonskar Legacy, Heart of Nightfang Spire, and Lord of the Scarlet Tide. You might pop over there for more info on each of those to see if they meet your needs.

Eltern

First Post
Diaglo: I find those generally too small to work with in piecing together a campaign.

Hammerhead: Thought about it, but it's too long. This will run purely during this summer, twice a week, for a total of about 100 hours of playing. Not nearly enough for Spider Queen :)

Thanks to all four of you, though. Will check out those other suckers!

Eltern

jaults

First Post
For goodness sakes, whatever you do, don't buy Deathright. Fortunately, I got it for free, because it is horribly written, with nonsensical encounters, a paper thin plot, and new, important-to-the-module rules that make no sense. Oh, and Heart of Nightfang Spire is a meat grinder... which, in my eyes, makes it fun. *grin*

Jason

Eltern

First Post
Looks like I'm going with Queen of Lies, set in Ptolus of Banewarrens, then a couple Wizards freebies to get to Demon God's Fane. w00t

Eltern

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases