Ledded's Story Hour Miniatures thread- UPDATED Feb 25 Zeppelin Pictures

What kinds of pics from our table would you like to see more of?

• More detailed miniature pics

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • More detailed building/vehicle/terrain pics

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • More custom terrain big table 'builds' for a specific game scene

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • What are miniatures?

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Bah! Who cares, quit wasting server space with this drivel!

Votes: 0 0.0%

ledded

Herder of monkies
And a few more from our latest episode...

On a side note, since this has come up before in quite a few threads, on this terrain setup I just sat back and timed it without telling anyone.

About 9 minutes, including taking down the previous terrain setup and getting all the little details on it. There was a little tweaking here and there afterwards, but that's about all it takes to get the table set up for something like this after the GM gives the 'go' and all the geeks jump in and start grabbing stuff.

The time we save during the actual combats more than makes up for that.

Also, this was the first appearance of my based fire-and-smoke combos, which went a long way to quickly determining if someone had line-of-sight behind through something that was on fire. :)

Attachments

• Skins2BurnBabyBurn.JPG
    Skins2BurnBabyBurn.JPG
    230.7 KB · Views: 127
  • Skins3.jpg
    Skins3.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Skins5.JPG
    Skins5.JPG
    190.5 KB · Views: 101
  • Skins1.JPG
    Skins1.JPG
    224 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

ledded

Herder of monkies
AteoFiel said:
I'm stunned.. Amazing work. Also amazed that it is done by a group of guys so close.
Thanks guys.

Gadsden, huh? Wow, that is pretty close. I've got several friends from up around that way, and used to hang out there some when I was in college at Jax state. Heck, the guy sitting in the office next to mine at work here lives in Gadsden and commutes in every day.

Glad you could stop by the thread.

AteoFiel

First Post
Stopping by all of the threads. Especially Medallions, cause it is set in Birmingham.

Just need to figure out some way to con my way into watching you guys play sometime.

kengar

First Post
All I can say is any session that involves a gazebo, a helicopter, a monster truck and ostriches is -by definition- a good session. :D

ledded

Herder of monkies
kengar said:
All I can say is any session that involves a gazebo, a helicopter, a monster truck and ostriches is -by definition- a good session. :D
Oh yes. The gazebo is our favorite 'easter egg'. We always toss one on the board somewhere just so someone can say 'a gazebo? I attack it!'.

I have grown to *fear* monster trucks, thanks to OldDrewId. They are not your friend, nor the friend of your nice shiny Cadillac Escalade.

Helicopters are fun... for our GM, they've turned into basically a giant bomb that can throw itself! :)

And the Emus... dontcha know, that's the ol' redneck alarm system ;^)

Oh, BTW, it *was* a very good session, but with OldDrewId at the wheel, most of 'em are.

papakee

First Post
Don't you just love that its Christmas all the time in miniature land..so festive..
Quoting my 9 year old when I was teaching him to play D&D miniatures "So why are there Christmas trees all over the map?" my response...."Er...its Christmas...now your bladesinger can ...."

Seriously though, love the creativity of piecing all the stuff together. There are new wall and road sections at (major dept chain)Mart that look really cool. And a whole new type of tree (very oak like) in appearance at the dollar stores. You must hurry though, they are selling out fast.

ledded

Herder of monkies
papakee said:
Don't you just love that its Christmas all the time in miniature land..so festive..
Quoting my 9 year old when I was teaching him to play D&D miniatures "So why are there Christmas trees all over the map?" my response...."Er...its Christmas...now your bladesinger can ...."
Hehheh... I've done nearly the same thing with my 6-year old with heroclix.

As far as the christmas hedges/trees, well, it was on sale cheap at the good ol' dollar store, and I get tired of re-glueing and making the homemade trees that we are so rough on. After a few months, our homemade trees turn into what is essentially a big box of loose flock with chunks :).

Seriously though, love the creativity of piecing all the stuff together. There are new wall and road sections at (major dept chain)Mart that look really cool. And a whole new type of tree (very oak like) in appearance at the dollar stores. You must hurry though, they are selling out fast.
Yeah, I hit all the toy sales bins and dollar stores when I have a chance, we've picked up a *ton* of really cool modern stuff fairly cheap that way (including power poles/towers, buildings, 8 story cranes, cars, equipment, a to-scale 18-wheeler, etc).

Good to hear from another 'bama native, and I hope ya'll didnt get too wet this past week from the hurricane. Just got power back Sunday night (it went out thursday) myself.

papakee

First Post
Survived Ivan the Terrible without any damage. Glad to hear your power is back on.

Any chance you guys would let a couple of us sit in on a session of Medallions or We Were Like Gods Once as see all these minis in action? We will be a quiet as church mice. Our group has been thinking of branching out into something modern and more RP intensive and need inspiration. ::insert universal gaming bribe:: We'll bring pizza for all!!!! You can send me a mail at papakee@aol.com offline, if you'd rather discuss there.

Remove ads