Ledded's Story Hour Miniatures thread- UPDATED Feb 25 Zeppelin Pictures

What kinds of pics from our table would you like to see more of?

• More detailed miniature pics

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • More detailed building/vehicle/terrain pics

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • More custom terrain big table 'builds' for a specific game scene

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • What are miniatures?

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Bah! Who cares, quit wasting server space with this drivel!

Votes: 0 0.0%

ledded

Herder of monkies
Here are a few pics from the table that correspond to the last update of the "We were like gods once..." story hour. You can make out the planes, towers, buildings, etc.

Story update can be found at: http://www.enworld.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1840607&postcount=285

Note the continued use of the gazebo. Gazebos are evil. Fear the gazebo. All your gazebos are belong to us.

Attachments

• Airfield1.jpg
    Airfield1.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 97
  • Airfield2.JPG
    Airfield2.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Airfield.JPG
    Airfield.JPG
    173.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

ledded

Herder of monkies
Broccli_Head said:
I love the prop for Baron der Flammen's fire blast :)
Heh heh. Man, you should *hear* the pissing and moaning when I grab that thing off of the shelf. Of course, my stupid grinning and "aheheheh" chuckling probably doesnt help much :D.

Actually, the mini/former heroclix and that template were the main inspiration for the Baron himself. I got that clix in a batch of guys I bought really cheap somehwere, and he just screamed 'big bad evil guy' so loud that I knew I would use him one day.

Heck I'm just always impressed that we always manage to have some kind of improvised flying bases for the minis without ever actually using an actual flying base; any time someone in the group runs across a clear plastic tube of varying height they bring it in and voila! Instant flying base :). We usually then write the height on it with a dry erase, which can easily be wiped off and re-written by one of the players when it changes. Helps the GM keep up with stuff.

Just wait till we start our campaign in a month or two that will feature airships. We've actually switched out the ceiling tiles in Fludogg's basement drop ceiling with something we could hang flying stuff on. He probably wishes we would have asked him before we did it :)

pogre

Legend
ledded said:
Just wait till we start our campaign in a month or two that will feature airships. We've actually switched out the ceiling tiles in Fludogg's basement drop ceiling with something we could hang flying stuff on. He probably wishes we would have asked him before we did it :)

It's always easier to ask for forgiveness ;)

Cool stuff as always!

ledded

Herder of monkies
nyrfherdr said:
Ledded,
You guys have the coolest setup. I love the props.
Do you roll dice at that table or on a seperate one?

Game ON!
Nyrf
Thanks. That particular setup (in the last post) is one of those build-it-in-three-minutes, I just said "ok boys, I need an airfield with towers here and here, go to it".

Usually, we roll dice on the smaller table right behind the ones we set up on, but it's not unusual for someone to put a few dice in their pocket and just toss them wherever so that they can move around a bit in the room.

pogre said:
It's always easier to ask for forgiveness ;)
Cool stuff as always!
Thanks for stopping by. Yeah, we had the ceiling tiles about half out when he walked in, and he pretty much said "What are you doing?!?", to which we went "ummmm.... err, well" and he broke in "Well turn that piece of peg board up on it's edge or you'll never get in where that ceiling tile was. So, do you think we can turn those old ceiling tiles into terrain somehow?"

pogre

Legend
ledded said:
So, do you think we can turn those old ceiling tiles into terrain somehow?"

You may recall during the early nineties White Dwarf did a series of articles on terrain building. I can recall two of those articles, one on hills and the other on rivers, employing ceiling tiles.

I used ceiling tile to base a few of my single towers on a few years ago - it can be useful.

papakee

First Post
Gazebos!!!

Note the continued use of the gazebo. Gazebos are evil. Fear the gazebo. All your gazebos are belong to us.

I just saw a wooden Gazebo of appropriate size at Hobby Lobby today...now must g.g.g.get g.g.g.gazeeeboooo....

pogre

Legend
Thanks for your detailed message on modern terrain options in your story hour. It never occurred to me that there would be a link to this thread in your sig! (duh :eek: ) I think some of the card models might be an option for this group, because I have to haul the stuff around a little bit. We do not usually play at Woolseys' where all of my toys currently live.

I need to whip a few city streets, but should not be too bad with my new color laser printer - yeah! Thanks for the tips.

When you get settled, don't forget to post a bit more stuff on here!

ledded

Herder of monkies
No problem Pogre. If you arent looking to invest too much time and effort, really the Microtactix stuff is the way to go. However, I really didnt like their city streets that much so I made my own, I'll try to dig them up and post 'em here as soon as I can find them. And there is enough detail on those card buildings to make them fun; fire escapes, HVAC units on the roof, awnings, etc. They are really pretty nice, at least the Twilight Street and Mad Scientist sets are.

So I've been in a bit of a posting drought, really havent painted or made all that much lately, though recently I've gotten a bunch of new minis and terrain-making pieces and have been trying to get some stuff done. Namely, I've gotten most of the work done on a decent-sized zeppelin/airship. I tried to model it on an early WWI ship, though much much smaller and with an inordinately large suspended passenger car so that it would be playable. The synthesis between something that looks/works reasonably close to a real one and something that is playable and a little fantastic has produced a strange, but fun piece. I will try to post up some pics real soon before I finish it and go to painting so folks can see what's "under the hood" per se.

In the meantime, other members of our group have been busy with various projects, especially Fludogg who has produced some very impressive terrain pieces recently that I hope to post a few pics of soon also. Pierce has some kind of "secret projects" that he is being somewhat coy about, which means that it will probably be something of superdy-duper coolness when he unveils it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases