Dragonlance: Children of the Dragon OOC Thread [FULL]

Elrick

First Post
Greetings,

I have participated as both DM and Player on these boards in the past but RL has kept me from playing these last few months. My schedule is such that I can now return to gaming on the boards with you all.

This Thread is to see what interest, if any, there is in a D&D 3.5 game, bassed in DragonLance, where all the PC's are Dragons. Players should have a copies of the Draconomicon & DragonLance Setting for reference, but it is not required.

For balance sake I plan to limit PC to all the same dragon type. Which one matters little to me, either Metallic or Chromatic. The PCs will begin as siblings all from the same clutch, but with wildly different personalities. I imagine players to roleplay newborn dragons like clever little toddlers, which should make for rather amusing posts. I chose Dragonlance as a setting because it's an establish setting where dragons play a large part in the world, and I invision the campaign occuring during the Dragon purge, a rather difficult time period in which to be a dragon, and a newborn one at that!

I'm looking for 4-5 players, please post expressing your interest, perfered Dragon Type, and a short example (couple of paragraphs) of your roleplaying a wyrmling dragon. Once I have enough interested people we can decide which type of dragon you will all play.

Elrick

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
I'd like to play. I think metallic would be a little more interesting, and a little more challenging, given the setting, but I'll be happy to do chromatic as well. Bronze and blue are my dragons of choice; I'm a big fan of the metabreath feats, so my character will enjoy his breath weapon a great deal. A couple unconnected paragraphs of background follow:

Kharazmadrion poked his head through his eggshell, the rest of his body following with ripping and crunching noises. He stretched, jaw opening wide in a yawn. "Meeaaarr," he mewed, then immediately looked quite embarassed. What kind of noise is that for a dragon to make? I can do better than that. An experiment produced something of a roar, but hardly adequate for his dignity. Marshalling his strength, he bellowed, and was rewarded by a "CRACK" of thunder, and rumbles as it echoed from the cave walls. That's a little better.

Kharazmadrion, called Squall, was hungry. He was tired from flying all week. The sheep were fat, slow, and tasty-looking. Who could blame him for barbecuing one for lunch? This metal-clad two-legs, apparently. "Get the hence, foul drake, lest I be forced to slay thee! Thy kind have preyed on these lands too long!" "I've only been here a couple of hours. Why are you bothering me, two-legs?" The two-legs drew something long and sharp; Squall thought it was called a sword. "Then die upon my blade, despoiler of CRACK-BOOM! " The metal plates softly steamed, as the barbecued two-legs smoked and toppled. "Silly two-legs. Don't interrupt me when I'm eating."

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
I have some interest. I think metallics would be more challenging for the setting. Personally, I like the gold dragon for the variation in breath weapon.

Elrick

First Post
*Bump this thread up to the top and see if there are anymore interested parties out there?*

That's one vote Bronze and one vote Gold. To be honest I lean towards Silvers, myself. They tend to take an interest in humanoid affairs more often.
Lets see what the other players want to play...

G

Guest 11456

I'm interested in playing. I have no preference on dragon type. Any are fine.

Tailspinner

Mordane76

First Post
HAT IN RING!!! :D

I'd have to agree with Silver as well; reading through the other types, they just come across as too... different. Playing a silver dragon would at least allow for many standard human emotions. However, if another dragon type were chosen, I'd still love to play.

Elrick

First Post
Looks like we have four interested players:
Paxus Asclepius
Keia
Tailspinner
& Mordane76

Can I get you all to agree on playing Silver Dragons?

Elrick

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Elrick said:
Looks like we have four interested players:
Paxus Asclepius
Keia
Tailspinner
& Mordane76

Can I get you all to agree on playing Silver Dragons?

Elrick

As one has professed preference for it, and I do not want to play a gold of all things, I'm fine with it. One question, though; are we going to be leveling more rapidly than mere aging would normally allow? I've got my eye on the Elemental Master PrC, but it's a ways away at normal progression.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Paxus Asclepius said:
As one has professed preference for it, and I do not want to play a gold of all things, I'm fine with it.

As the chooser of the gold, I don't mind at all going with silver. That works great with me.

Keia

Velmont

First Post
You said 4 to 5 players, and I see four interested, so I will be the fifth. I love the DL setting, and have most things of 2nd edition, but I don't have the 3rd edition yet. I have already played a game of council of wyrm, so playing a dragon is not that unfamiliar.

Playing a Silver Dragon, I don't mind, but I have always prefered the philosophy of the copper.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases