Aeon Flux Movie

Dirigible

Explorer
Wait, shouldn't that be 'Trinity Flux'?

I can imagine worse than Charlize Theron in the AF costume

Oprah?

I find it hard to imagine an Aeon Flux movie... the toons were so horrifically insane that I doubt they's be able to capture anything remotely like it on film. So it'll probably be just an excuse for ms Theron to run around in black leather straps.

Shadowdancer

First Post
Dirigible said:
I find it hard to imagine an Aeon Flux movie... the toons were so horrifically insane that I doubt they's be able to capture anything remotely like it on film. So it'll probably be just an excuse for ms Theron to run around in black leather straps.
So what's your problem with this concept?

Kai Lord

Hero
Theron just officially got the part, and a cool 10 million dollars to boot (her biggest pay day ever.) Director will be Karyn Kusama ("Girlfight").

Dirigible

Explorer
Shadowdancer said:
So what's your problem with this concept?

If you're asking what my problem is with the idea of an AF movie, it is as I said, I don't think it's sheer bloody (in the fluidic sense) weirdness could be captured on film. By a westerner, anyway. I'm sure a Japense director could manage it :)

If you're asking why I'm opposed to...
Dirigible said:
So it'll probably be just an excuse for ms Theron to run around in black leather straps.
... then, I can report after much soul searching and inner dialogue, that I am in favour to attractive women in skimpy black leather outfitts.

On a purely theoretical basis, of course.

Theron just officially got the part, and a cool 10 million dollars to boot (her biggest pay day ever.) Director will be Karyn Kusama ("Girlfight").

Does this mean she isn't as big a star as, say, Gibson or Carrey (Jim, not Mariah), or is there still a glass ceiling in Hollywood?

Last edited:

Kai Lord

Hero
Dirigible said:
Does this mean she isn't as big a star as, say, Gibson or Carrey (Jim, not Mariah), or is there still a glass ceiling in Hollywood?
If Charlize ever proves herself to ever be an actual box office draw in and of herself (which so far she certainly hasn't) then she'll be paid accordingly. Julia Roberts and Cameron Diaz have "shattered" any notion of there still being a glass ceiling for a number of years now.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases