Discussion for a Kingdom of ashes

The_Universe

First Post
Xath said:
So, I have a bit of time to kill until 3:30, so I've been exploring Amazon.com. Did you know there is an official D&D Roleplaying Soundtrack? Not from the movie, but a soundtrack just for playing D&D...crazy.
Yes--I was aware of the existence of that musical monstrosity. You like synthasizer? 'cuz if you do, this is the SOUNDTRACK FOR YOU! Feel like there's not enough black lipstick in this world? 'cuz if you do, this is the SOUNDTRACK FOR YOU! Ever bite somebody because you got "too into the LARP?" 'cuz if you have, this is the SOUNDTRACK FOR YOU!

The_Universe

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
(3) DM-- How much time do we have left before the bad guys start chopping off the heads of innocent babies ACTIVELY as opposed to just chopping of the heads of innocent babies that get in their way?
Well, Syvattagor (the Draconic Giant who CLAIMED to be the Herald of the Bluestar) said that you'd have one half-hour to flee before he released his army in full. It took you about 5 minutes at the Amastacian Monastery, another 6 to get to the City Watch (including fighting the Gatorman/Dracosauruses), 5 minutes at the City Watch, and then 4 minutes (or so) to get to the Cathedral from the Watch. In total, you've used approx. 20 of the 30 allotted minutes.

If he holds to his word, you've got about 10 minutes before they start ACTIVELY chopping the heads off of babies. In their defense, you don't KNOW that all the babies are innocent...there may be some very guilty infants out there that are about to be slaughtered!

Lots of people have started out of the city by now, taking only what they can carry, but a half-hour isn't much. If the object is to drive the populace from the city (and their wait to march seems to suggest that) they MAY wait a little longer before they start to march. Does that help?

Xath

Moder-gator
Archon said:
it might be a little early to start asking.....BUT, when are we gaming next? i'm looking forward to kicking some more Edr-ASS.

yeah. i win.

- mik aka "Micky Nic"

Nah uh, I'ma da wienner.

Archon

First Post
there can only be one.

Xath said:
Nah uh, I'ma da wienner.

you can't just say you're the winner, you have to be the winner, which you clearly are not. and i clearly am.

mik aka "The Winner"

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
Okay first- I am the dark overlord queen so I win

Secondly- One pm Saturday should work for me

Thirdly- If we go by any part of what the universe dictated then L'Aurel has one of the funny sharp pointy things.... Even if not going by the universes will L'Aurel would still go for one as she it would work much better at chopping heads I mean trees then her normal hacking off heads utensil her little Kurki (which is about all she has used it for thus far) J
The Kega'rin feels strange in your grasp. Oily. Slick. The very feel of it makes you want to wash, as if something is bleeding off of the curved blade, irreparably dirtying your hands.

But it feels powerful, as well. The kega'rin almost quivers as you hold it, it's almost imperceptible vibrations whispering its dark desires. Blood. Destruction. Murder. You know, with an odd sense of certainty, that with this blade in your hands, your enemies will fall. Drink. Feed!

At this last call, echoing in your mind, you nearly drop the blade. Instead, you beat back it's desires, bending it to your will. There's something...odd...about this kega'rin. But you have defeated it. Surely any danger has passed, now.

Last edited:

The_Universe

First Post
The_Universe said:
The aforementioned orcish weapon...

There are four of these remaining on the ground, as well.
There are stats for these up in the House Rules Section of the website. Kat, yours is clearly magical, but for now use the stats provided.

The_Universe

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
The site looks great at first... but the moment I try to scroll down, it automatically freezes up and it tells me there is an error on the page :(

Just thought I'd let you know...

Also...

Justice picks up one of the ork weapons to get a closer look at it... if I had any dice with me, I would roll some knowledge skills to see what I know/can figure out about it... but, i'm at work in the history office and, as such, have no d20s.

Also, Kennon... is it reasonable to say that, when Justice heals Kareth, she notices something *wrong* about him... looking closer, (Liz rolls a knowledge religion check)... I can't roll it right now... but, yeah... any idea what the DC would be to know what the heck is wrong with him...
Common knowledge on an Orc Kega'rin: These are ancestral Orcish weapons, handed down from clan chief to clan chief. Not every orc has the right to wield them, but over the past thousand years they have proliferated a great deal, becoming something close to a standard Orcish weapon. Capable of being used in a way similar to a great axe, a bastard sword, and a double-bladed sword, the weapons are extraordinarily versatile.

These four are obviously magic, and to Justice, they stink with evil. The evil is not common to all orcish Kega'rin. These clearly have some sort of magic enhancement.

As for Kaereth, you know he has Ghoul Fever. It's pretty obvious. Nonetheless, he's doing okay at the moment. No chance of turning, unless more of his life force is drained.

The_Universe

First Post
Xath said:
personal weekly shedule. This way we know what everyone's up to and such. Only put as much info as you want everyone to know. The easiest way to send them is to write it in excel, save it as a .pdf file, copy the schedule image as a picture into power point, and save it as a JPEG. Yes, that's the easiest way.
Okay...what now? That has got to be the most confusing paragraph in the history of paragraphs...

Laurel

First Post
I vote anarchy.... only in real life...

I will only say- I agree with some points made above and Gerti those points (I think) were not directed at any one person, because I know I have even helped some along. This is my first game, so I like both Roll and Role playing though roll playing is much easier to get the hang of and hey killing is always fun in Kat's book :) But a good balance is cool to play with. Also moral dilemma’s are fun in my book because they change your character maybe not how you want, but that is part of growing which your character is doing!

But on to game, game stuff....

Goals for group:

1) find blades to defeat dragon/undead army, and since one is bluestars blade also to defeat him or keep him in his kingdom north

2) dethrone current falcon king who is (maybe) working with dragon/undead emperor thus restoring the falcon kingdom to Jaine

--by completing 1 we can complete 2--

Actions:

1) Asking if any will fight with us against the oppressors who took their homes, lives, and will try to take their very souls -(followers)- hoping those that farathier has trained for battle will come with us- thus starting an army. These followers would also include some of the sailors and Mr. Shippy (whatever his new name is) who we are giving a boat to :) Don’t forget some sailors are already won to our cause. –This does not mean everyone we train we take and only those willing--

Also, someone who is a melee fighter should help Farathier teach these recruits –Arfin and/or Archonus with the blades. Also, Kareth it would be awesome if you could pass on some teachings of hand to hand with these people.

2) Once we have at least two main victories under our belts proclaim (with her permission) Jaine as head commander of Phoenix Army and rightful heir to falcon kingdom until then just proclaim us as Phoenix Army –Xath to make banner and Justice to make it holy

3) Jaine ordered Archonus and thus the rest of us to find the blades or about the blades and not to worry about her -reason we did not go with her to Silvanis in the first place! When we get to Silvanis, instill Jaine as our over-leader of Pheonis army, more proclomation then actually having her give orders sinc eshe is noble and not military I assume.

4) In Silvanis find out what the king's army is up to -invading Bluestar territory or making an alliance or something else. Scouting and coning mission will go into effect and the generals will leave the army with our seconds under jaine -what they do depends on the situation.

5) There are possibly 3 blades right here where we are-

a- greyclaw: lost to us

b- Isle of mourning: they do not know about it yet- may not be smart to assume there is only one book in the whole world that talks of where it is

c-the ruined city: unless we just walk around all the ruined cities this one is farfetched

We decided last game to go to Silvanis this means we are leaving ALL these blades at the possible hands of the enemy -just so everyone knows

6) Ask the duke and any other leader types to send word/proclomation that Link forgave the high alder –they may be allies who will fight with us- since now they can make the correct choice and be on the winning side!

7) with the mad extra experience points we got two games ago, I say we take the vow of friendship or whatever it is- even if your character does not feel all lovey-dovey for the others this gives us mad bonuses and extras. Also, as generals we will be splitting up at some point in time –generals have huge groups of militia so we will not be standing next to each other in battles.

8) Whoever is in our army needs to know each of us- that means each person is visible to everyone. Your character can go have private time, but these people need to know we are a unified front and they can count on us the people not the shadowy ‘well, I think he is with them and I think he is helping us.’ Xath will be huge in this by telling stories of any open heritage and possible future and the darkness of the evils and the good of what we have done together already

9) If we are sharing other information about background/life it should be public with everyone in the group –like the boat. This is a big moment for the last shot to tell us your life story, but if you believe in the end goals then you would share all information that would help achieve that goal and anything that might hinder that goal! Also remember if something comes out later that you could have said now will most likely not go over well with quite a few –most of us remember Edriss and others betrayals-

10) Yoshi is with us, and as Farathier's mount wheather he rides him or not -if not farathier or I though just watch all the penlaties without all the mounted feats. We need at least 8 horses for packs -food and such and we need some for riding -making sure of stragglers, in case we get injured. The group will move slower the bigger we are, but followers need leaders and this is our army so we are the leaders.

Leadership:

Justice and Xath make the most sense charisma and intelligence wise- Justice due to her background with military training and fighting should be primo choice from the in game character stats and background.

Whoever is leader should defer/ask Kareth, as he is the wisest, what his council would be. Also Jeremiah has played enough to advise through Kareth.

Questions:

1) Would we align ourselves with one evil to conquer another and then destroy the evil we are with –a lets deal with this enemy and then you are my enemy not friend again?

2) Gerti- from the prophesy, which blades have we linked to what places and which are still unaccounted for?

3) Connection of the triangle –bluestar, falcon king, dragon emperor?
4) Kareth/Jeramiah: What of Mr. Miagi's people, can they be a part fo the army and meet us in Silvanis? Can they send us word of what is happening at the other portal we saw in the sea? Can they report on the portal they had opened originally? Can Kareth point on a map where they are from? Where did Mr. Miagi go to?
5) Find out more about the portals –we have left one open to their use there will be/most likely are more out there. How to destroy them completly, and who to tell warn or thier exsistance??????

-if you have any questions e-mail me tomorrow xenajaneway@hotmail.com J

PS- I do not care if any or none of the above make sense as they are a starting point -so even if you bash them all we are still making progress!

-Kat--Baroness L’Aurel Woodshadow

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases