India-themed campaign setting for d20?

johnsemlak

First Post
This question has been asked before, but are there any sourcebooks out there that cover an India-themed fantasy setting?

I've heard there was a India-based kingdom published for the old Mystara setting, in Hollow World IIRC. Can someone point me to that one?

The Mindshadows setting by Green Ronin is India-like in many ways. It's also heavily psionics based, though, so it's not "vanilla Indian" so to speak.

XCorvis

First Post
Chronosome said:
There's a teeny, tiny little bit about Indian flavor in Oriental Adventures. :)

That's what Mahasarpa is. An Indian-type setting for Oriental Adventures. It's a free web enhancement to OA you can find on Wizard's web site.

Chronosome

First Post
XCorvis said:
That's what Mahasarpa is. An Indian-type setting for Oriental Adventures. It's a free web enhancement to OA you can find on Wizard's web site.
Sorry, didn't catch your referral before. :)

Davelozzi

Explorer
In response to the Mystara part of your question, yes, the Indian-flavored country is called Sind. It's detailed in the Champions of Mystara boxed set. Basic info appears in some (possibly all three) of the Poor Wizard's Almanac as well. There is also an Indian-flavored land in the Hollow World setting (within Mystara). It's called Shahjapur and is the setting of the adventure module Nightstorm. I think some of those products are available now as ESDs (downloadable .PDFs), but I'm not sure.

But none of those are d20. They're all based on regular (not Advanced) Dungeons & Dragons rules.

Remove ads