Would multiple Acid Arrows stack...

Dwarmaj

First Post
If a mage casts Acid arrow twice on the same target would they take 2d4 per round or 4d4?

Using the stacking rule, I'd think no. But that makes the spell much weaker than other spell like Scorching Ray or even Magic Missle, which you can hit someone round after round.

mhd

Adventurer
What stacking rules? This is no bonus or malus, it's simply damage. Althought it wouldn't do 4d4, it would do two times 2d4. Important for acid resistant creatures...

Otterscrubber

First Post
Agreed, stacking acid arrows is a great way to wear something down. Especially if you can hit the monster a few times, run away, let the acid do its thing and then hit it some more.

Dwarmaj

First Post
If a creature had Resistance 10 Acid, would they check their resistance for each acid arrow in effect (thus taking no damage since each arrow only does 2d4), or would it be for each rounds worth of damage?

mhd

Adventurer
As with damage resistance, it's per attack, not per round. So to hurt a resistant creature, you have to increase the quality, not the quantity...

Rashak Mani

First Post
mhd said:
As with damage resistance, it's per attack, not per round. So to hurt a resistant creature, you have to increase the quality, not the quantity...

Wow, I thought it was per round... but just checked the DMG... it is for each attack.

VirgilCaine

First Post
Scion said:
yep, damage from each. 2d4 and then 2d4. If you want to get past acid res 10 you are in some big trouble ;)

There should be a better acid spell somewhere. But Acid Arrow is nice if you don't want to worry about SR or saves.

Last edited:

Tatsukun

Danjin Masutaa
I think the origional question was about the fact that it's a duration (not instant) spell that effects a target every round.

This came up in a thread hyjack recently, but I can't find it (as the title of hte thread has nothing to do with this).

I would say they stack, but what about other spells that do damage over time. Can I cast two acid fogs in the same place and do twice the damage? Two blade barriers? Cloudkills? ..... etc.

-Tatsu

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases