[Stargate SG-1 RPG] Part III - The Enemy of my Friend . . .

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Not in Kansas Anymore...
P7X – 912
35 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

Following Artorius, the team traveled down several metal corridors, accompanied by several Jaffa. Their weapons were trailing behind, carried by two other Jaffa, which were not part of the group ‘protecting’ the team. The ceilings were at least twenty feet high and the hallways were ten feet wide. Openings were spaced along the walls, though there was no indication of what lie beyond.

Shortly the group entered one of the openings. After a quick left and right, a large door opened into an equally large room. The room beyond was lit with diffuse lighting as well as several burning metal torches along the walls. The room itself was dominated by a throne and several other large but not as impressive seats on a raised dais. A large table with chairs surrounding it stood in front of the throne and other seats. A large view screen or window filled one of the walls. A man in black robes stood before the view screen, his gaze focused on the planet below, his back to the team.

Artorius spoke at the team drank in the sight of the room. . . “My lord, I have brought to you the people of the Tauri, at your request.” Artorius then stepped away from the team, a few paces behind them. Several Jaffa were within the room, armored but unhelmed, they snapped at attention, staff weapons presented, when Artorius spoke.

The man at the view screen turned to regard the team, regal yet imposing. His gaze fixed on each member of the team, lingering on Rylee and Lorelai the longest. When he spoke, he had a Scottish accent and it seemed as though several voices spoke at once.

“Greetings, Tauri. My name is Myrrdin, I am Lord over this system and many others. What brings you to my lands?” Myrrdin finished . . . then his eyes glowed.

OOC: Fallon, Fisher, Ilianov, Nguyen

Attachments

• Myrrdin I.JPG
    Myrrdin I.JPG
    12.1 KB · Views: 48

kid A

First Post
Andreev Ilianov

Not in Kansas Anymore...
P7X – 912

“Greetings, Tauri. My name is Myrrdin, I am Lord over this system and many others. What brings you to my lands?” Myrrdin finished . . . then his eyes glowed.

The room was less impressive to Andreev than the rest of the ship. To be fair, he had found himself quite taken with the sleek design of the vessel as they were walking through the corridor. Yet standing in this room, he felt as though, viewscreen aside, he had been transported back in time, to a more uncivilized age. Whomever this Myrrdin was, he seemed to hold himself in very high opinion.

Myrrdin's (voices) question lingered in his mind, and Andreev was, at first, hesitant in answering. However, it was the glowing eyes that were truly disconcerting to Andreev. While the man (?) seemed gracious enough, his glowing eyes held an intense, almost malevolent glare. The intensity of Myrrdin's eyes suddenly reminded him of something Major-General Davis had explained in the briefing. The Stargate program had been compromised by some unknown aggressor. He remembered that upon returning from planet PX7-734, several Stargate team members had been found to be under the influence of some sort of as yet unexplained mind-control. Those glowing, hypnotic eyes reminded him of this, and he was instantly wary of Myrrdin.

Something else dawned on him at that moment. Not only had Jeremiah been missing upon their arrival, but their Tok'ra contacts, Lantash or Selmak, had not made themselves known either. Their names had never been mentioned by the Jaffa, or by Myrrdin. In fact, to his best recollection, there had been no mention of Myrrdin whatsoever in the briefing. These facts greatly concerned Andreev. He was most definitely in the presence of a Goa'uld, who was also quite possibly the aggressor behind the attacks on the Stargate program.

As these thoughts ran through his mind, Andreev decided it best to speak the truth with Myrrdin. Just... not the entire truth. He remained calm, smiling and bringing his most diplomatic manner to bear. "Greetings, Myrrdin. We are members of the Tauri, and we have travelled to your lands in search of lost comrades. We were sent to bring back men who were lost to us through the Stargate."

Last edited:

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Not in Kansas Anymore...
P7X – 912

As they stepped into the throne room, Rylee looked around, taking in her surroundings. The viewscreen, showig an image of the planet below, did little to comfort her. In fact all it did was make her more uncomfortable, as she remembered that they were, in fact, on a ship out in the middle of space. She took a few deep breaths, figuring it best if she did not have a panic attack while they were trying to communicate with this Myrrdin fellow.

Instead, she focused her attention upon the one who called himself Myrrdin. She was not sure what she had been expecting, but for an alien, he looked very human. He had a very regal bearing, and when he spoke she could not help but to smile slightly at the Scottish accent. It took her a moment to realize that it sounded like there were several voices speaking, which struck her as odd, and the glowing eyes seemed even more so. She remained silent, expecting Andreev to be the one to communicate with this fellow, and was not disappointed.

MadThinker

First Post
Lt. Luthor Donovan

Two Story Building, Cobblestone Town
P7X - 912
22 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

Donovan had barely gotten himself situated on the rooftop, when he spotted some motion near the main square*. Looking through the scope of the prototype rifle, Donovan sighted Jeremiah making his way back toward the Stargate.

Donovan saw Durant and Stewart leave, and he got his binocs out from his bag. He sacnned the area around the building, and when he came to the main square, Donovan saw Grayson heading in their direction. Holy
$#!t!!!
Donovan ran to the edge of the building closest to the street where the Commander and Stewart were. "Commander! Grayson's coming this way! Up the main road toward the Square!"

Last edited:

Stargate_Com

First Post
The radio is dead. Of course, Nothing is ever easy.

Placing the radio back in it's holder, Jeremiah's mind goes back to Medraut's limp. He had forgotten that a little more than an hour ago he had been thrown across the room by a giant salamander. He remembered the initial pain of what felt like his chest caving in. The struggle to breath. All that yet, he had shaken it of quite easily. In fact, he had not remembered feeling any pain since. The thoughts of possible injuries flood Jeremiah's mind as he lifts up his shirt to check for bruises and bleeding. Running his fingers over his ribcage, he had to see if anything was broken. But, he wasn't a doctor. He needed to be examined by a professional to be sure.

Keeping to the sides of the buildings, Jeremiah's eyes are torn between the sky and the ground. Thoughts of his teammates race through his head.

I wonder if they made it through the gate. How could they of gotten by those monsters? They had to expected the others to go for the gate one I made it through. Maybe, they followed me through! It makes sense. The hour delay from the gate could gave me time to get away. I mean...they had no chance of survival on earth. Why not? If they were here, that would mean the rest of the team was here. As far as I know, I could be walking into a full-scale war. That is...if the death glides didn't vaporize everyone already.

At the edge of town, Jeremiah peeked out from behind a building to survey the Stargate.

ajkar

First Post
Lt Barry Stewart

On the Street, Cobblestone Town
P7X - 912

Originally posted by Donovan
"Commander! Grayson's coming this way! Up the main road toward the Square!"

That Stewart was shocked that they actually found another member of the squad was putting it mild. He turned to Durant, raised his eyebrows and shrugged. With his head, Stewart indicated to Durant he was ready to retrieve one of the lost ones and spoke quickly and quietly, "I've got your 6, Sir!". He turned and started back pedaling in the direction of the gate on his way to get Grayson and maybe find out just what in 'Hell's Kitchen' is going on!

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Lt. Commander Craig Durant

P7X - 912

At the sound of Donovan saying Grayson's name, Durant spun his head and moved to get a better look in the direction indicated. He could see a figure but from here could not make out that it was Grayson. Donovan's word was good enough for him. Durant dropped into a low crouch and scanned the area for signs of anyone else. "Alright Stewart, let's bring in our little lost sheep."

Where had Grayson been all this time? And if he was showing up back to the Stargate, what happened to Andreev's team? This wasn't a military operation, it was an ongoing mystery!

Keia

I aim to misbehave
P7X - 912
23 minutes since arrival, June 3, 2003

Durant scanned the area for potential trouble, but saw nothing that he hadn’t already discounted. As he moved to intercept Jeremiah, Lt. Stewart covered his back in standard military fashion.

From the rooftop, Donovan noted that Jeremiah was staying on course and appeared to be attempting to hide from the air. As a precaution, Donovan quickly scanned the air, and didn’t note any bogeys. Donovan watched as Jeremiah disappeared as a building got in the way, then reappeared no the other side. Lt. Reed watched the other quadrants of the city, keeping a sharp lookout for anything amiss.

Within moments, Durant and Stewart neared Jeremiah and could easily spot him. A few seconds later, Jeremiah also saw Durant and Stewart. The team was starting to come back together.

OOC: Donovan, Durant, Grayson, Reed, Stewart

MadThinker

First Post
Lt. Luthor Donovan

When Donovan saw Durant go for Grayson, he continued to watch Grayson move closer. When he was sure that Durant and Grayson would meet with no trouble he continued scanning the city with his binocs, looking for any possible trouble.

Stargate_Com

First Post
Sitting at the edge of town, Jeremiah gathers his wits for the next ordeal. As he runs through what has happened, he once again questioned his place on the team.

Death Gliders, Fire Salamanders, and Evil Gou'ald...all they did was fight. This was a job for a warrior, not me. I mean...I love discovering and exploring new languages, but this was the fate of the planet, not some language study. This was hero stuff. Yet...usual heroes of earth were losing this one. That is why he was here...on this planet. He was bringing the reinforcements.
A smile came over Jeremiah's face as he thought of himself like Gandalf leading the riders of Rohan to save Helm's Deep. Just then, Jeremiah spotted Durant and Stewart creeping towards him.

They were alive!

Despite his recent thoughts, he was glad to have some military support. Without thinking, he yelled out to them.

"Durant...Stewart..."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases