A world in darkness OOC

Wilphe

Adventurer
A mod should will come along and move it of their own accord.

Sounds interesting anyway.

It would sound from the world set up that any resistance (I take it you want PCs to be surviving good guys?) is going to be from one of four places.

1) Good/neutral aligned survivors

2) Ocean races

3) Underdark races

4) Chaotic and/or Demon woshipping bad guys who probably aren't significantly happier about this state of affairs than anybody else.

Hmm, I'm in if you'll have me.

Ghostknight

First Post
Wilphe said:
A mod should will come along and move it of their own accord.

Sounds interesting anyway.

It would sound from the world set up that any resistance (I take it you want PCs to be surviving good guys?) is going to be from one of four places.

1) Good/neutral aligned survivors

2) Ocean races

3) Underdark races

4) Chaotic and/or Demon woshipping bad guys who probably aren't significantly happier about this state of affairs than anybody else.

Hmm, I'm in if you'll have me.

Great.

Your above assumptions on the survivors is correct - but I would include some other inaccesible areas such as mountain tops and deep deserts. As for PCs, they can be anything they like (my reason for including Savage Species). Demons would definitely be upset at the state of affairs, this would be a big blow to the and you can imagine what the devils do to any demons or demonic allies! (This is a public board so I will not go into detail ;) )

Evil characters and monsters will have it harder - there are enough evil humanoids that have been co-opted ito the devils hierarchy to place evil characters under suspicion. Anyone playing a tiefling will be under a LOT of suspicion. High level tieflings and half-fiends compete directly with devils in many areas of the hierarchy.

So you're in, if you want it.

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
Info posted in other thread. Please use thise thread from now on until IC play start

So far we have four players. I will take a couple more and then close recruitment and will just list alteranates

Fangor: Sounds Fine

PugioilAudacio: Don't worry about the FR stuff. I only listed it because I am pulling the stats for the Aasimer and Tiefling from there. A couple of the regional feats also fit in but nothing major in terms of game mechanics. The rest of the book is ignored. So I am talking about maybe four or five pages, at this point it looks like I will be the only one using them for my development (evil DM thought - players without reference material :cool: )

Jemal: Nope 3.5. For the notes on FR look above. The little bit that I am taking does not need conversion to 3.5. Also, no regional restrictions on feats but if you want a specific feat from the FR book let me know what it is first.

A quick list of included feats is:

Artist (+2 bonus perform checks and to one craft skill of your choice)
Blooded (+2 initiative, +2 on spot)
Bloodline of fire (1st level only, +4 bonus on save vs Fire, +2 DC to sorcerer spells with fire descriptor)
Daylight adaptation (Removes daylight penaties if you are a race with such penalties e.g. Drow)
Imporved Familiar (see book for details)
Innate Spell (Pre: Quicken Spell, Silent Spell, Still Spell. Effect: Cast spell as innate ability. Spell is cast once per round as a spell like ability. Uses a slot eight levels above spell level. XP cost per spell paid if necessary, focus not needed, negligble cost material component not needed.)
Luck of heroes (+1 bonus on all saving throws)
Magical Artisan (Pre: Any item creation feat. Effect: 75% cost in XP and raw materials for one item creation feat. May be taken multiple times for additional item creation feats.)
Resist poison (take at 1st level only, +4 Fort save vs poison)
Signature Spell (Pre: Spell Mastery. Effect: Choose a spell that you have spell mastery. Can convert other spells of that level into that spell as cleric does with cure spells)
Snake blood (Yuan Ti blood with no visible signs. 1st level only. +2 Fort save vs poison, +1 bonus on reflex saves)
Stealthy (+2 bonus on hide and move silently checks)
Strong Soul (+1 bonus on Fort and Will saves and an additional +1 bonus vs energy draining and death effects.)
Survivor (+1 bonus on fortitude saves and +2 bonus on Wilderness lore checks).

As for hit points - take max to third level. Thereafter the die result below plus con modifier i.e for d4 - 3, d6 - 4, d8 - 6, d10 - 8, d12 - 10

Ghostknight

First Post
Starting info

Please try to incorporate the following info into starting historys to provide a reason why you are in the starting location. If characters wish to know each other at the start that make sit easier, if not there are plenty of ways to get you together - you just need to get yourselves to the starting point in your character write ups. (either be natives of the town or provide an explanationas to how you got admitted - this is a hidden town, and for good reason, they are not going to just allow everyone in through their outside pickets, never mind into the town proper)

Hidden Town of Tumil

The town of Tumil is a mess. Anyone passing through would assume that it is just another set of ruins left over from before the rule of Julieal. In actuality the village is situated beneath the ruins in a series of caverns enlarged through mining and magic.

The total population of the town is around 1000. This fluctautes but rarely by more than 200. The town lives in fear of being discovered and thus does not admit strangers easily.

The town is ruled by Gerohg, an half celestial elf cleric of Kigh (an aspect of the lawful good nature of the water deity Domains: Good, Water, Protection, War). It is his magic that helps guard the town from detection and helps ensure his undisputed rule. He is assisted by a council of five, four humans and a halfling. There is also a dwarven representative from the Forge of Lathar that has an honorary seat on the council.

Every member of the town over the age (or age equivalent) of seven is trained to help the militia. Those too old to wield a weapon are trained to assist in moving ammunition and in healing, those too young as messengers and ammunition couriers. The council knows the militia to be an exercise in futility, a small fiendish army could easily rampage through the town, cold iron weapons not withstanding, and rely on the hidden nature of the town and their allies outside of the town to keep them hidden.

The main features of the tow are a temple to Kigh, a temple to Mithrond (Void deity, Neutral aspect, Domains Magic, Travel, Knowledge) which houses a library as well, the barracks (50 permanent soldiers, weaponry and armour for another 300 in case the militia is called out. All weaponry is duplicated in cold iron - in case of fiendish invasion steel will be swopped out to iron.), travel house (dormitories to house up to 100 transient people, a communal kitchen and small hospice), mangrove farms (swamp like caverns, covered in lichen, fungus and containing pools of fish. A watch is kept on these to make sure no fiendish taint enters from above into the plants or fish), a smith (normal blacksmithing only) and a trade post (prices are at 10% above PHB prices - cold iron weaponry is 50% more expensive than the steel counterparts as their is an obvious risk in transporting and trading in these - outlawed under a sentence of death.)

Ghostknight

First Post
Argent Silvermage said:
Once again. Count me in.
Considering an Aasimar paladin. just for the "the world is out to get me" feel.

Consider yourself in. As for "the world is out to get me feel", hey you could the whole hog and play a demon from savage species, then you would really be in the poo!

Go ahead and design an Aasimer Paladin, it is fine me:)

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Argentus biography:

Argentus (here in called Gent) is the son of one of Gerohg’s Lieutenants. He was born and raised in Tumil and has been a member of the guard there for many years. He has a small apartment just outside of the barracks but rarely sees it because he is almost always on duty.
He has learned enough blacksmithing to keep his weapons in good order but his main occupation is a city guard.

Ghostknight

First Post
Argent Silvermage said:
Argentus biography:

Argentus (here in called Gent) is the son of one of Gerohg’s Lieutenants. He was born and raised in Tumil and has been a member of the guard there for many years. He has a small apartment just outside of the barracks but rarely sees it because he is almost always on duty.
He has learned enough blacksmithing to keep his weapons in good order but his main occupation is a city guard.

All good so far. As for using the savage species write up for the Aasimer, good idea, it is actually better as it is closer to v3.5 than the FR version.

And in a gollum accent - Nassty players. Naughty players. Making DM work. hssss. Mussst go create Assimer Lieutenant. Exit stage left -Scuttling off into the darkness. :cool:

Wilphe

Adventurer
Yeah, I'm in if you'll have me.

I was thinking human (or tiefling - maybe, or half-drow) guy who works as a spy/scout. In addition to some scouting, sabotage and intelligence work he also acts as a courier carrying messages between various hidden towns and the two holdout cities.

Main focus would be on Ranger + Rogue, possibly some levels in Fighter and Bard (he's going to have to be self-reliant and a bit of a JOAT)

Of course if he's wandering around with an Aasimar Paladin that might tend to cramp his style, so I can come up with something else.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases