Oathbound : Homecoming (full up)

Kahuna Burger

First Post
I'm looking to start a campaign in the oathbound setting by Bastion Press. if you are not familiar with the setting, its actually fine, since the campaign starts on a more standard D&D world and then sees the entire group transported to The Forge (the main setting) a varied world of great intensity, conflict and potential. While combat is a given on the Forge, the main themes of the campaign will be exploration, intrigue and discovery.

Character creation guidelines are a little odd in some ways due to the background I have in mind for this group. Starting level is 7th, and the age of your character must be 20 - 23 years. Obviously this eliminates dwarves, elves and gnomes as viable character choices. I'm open to third party races, particularly bastions, sicne I'm already familiar with them. None of the characters have known each other more than a couple of years. The characters should be easily described as "driven" or "seeking" and part of what you have been seeking is each other. On a more mechanical level, I'm open to a variety of 3rd party classes and such, though the base classes will be 3.5 standard. (the rules will be mostly 3.5 with some holdovers.) On a characterization level, no evil, no prima donas, no obstructionists, no kleptomanics or similar.

If there is interest in the adventure, I'll post further information on the background and shared destiny of the party. Theoretically the campaign concept can accomadate up to 7 players, but I would be happy with 5. If there is a lot of interest, I will pick based on character ideas and anything I know about gaming compatability, rather than 1st come 1st served. ;)

kahuna burger

Last edited:

deadestdai

First Post
I'm interested though know nothing of this setting. I'll see what I can find on the net about it and give you a char concept.....

Kahuna Burger

First Post
deadestdai said:
I'm interested though know nothing of this setting. I'll see what I can find on the net about it and give you a char concept.....

the brief intro is to envision the old Secret Wars mini series from marvel comics. :D its a battleworld of sorts, though the battle in some realms is more political, in others army based and in still others you are just fighting to stay alive. The demigod like rulers of each of 7 domains draw participants in their 'games' from other worlds, and have various rules that control the conflicts in each region. The overall goal seems to be to temper powerful individuals and groups into even greater forces, and pit them against each other. There are domains where the conflict is much more structured however, and pockets of civilization exist in many areas, so a frontsman/investigator/diplomat would still have plenty to do in the overall.

Hope that helps some.

Kahuna Burger

deadestdai

First Post
Hrm..... Sounds pretty interesting mate. I'll see what I can come up with. Though, when you say "Secret Wars", do you actually mean it's a super-heroe/comic book setting?

hafrogman

Adventurer
This sound very interesting, although I haven't heard of the setting before either. I'll put together a character concept and post it later tonight.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
deadestdai said:
Hrm..... Sounds pretty interesting mate. I'll see what I can come up with. Though, when you say "Secret Wars", do you actually mean it's a super-heroe/comic book setting?
no its definitly D&D based, I was just thinking about the battle planet built out of chunks of other worlds and heros and villains involuntarily thrown together to battle with the promise of an ultimate prize...

GPEKO

First Post
I like exotic settings and all my games are at low level, so I'm interested. I've heard of the setting but I don't know much about it.

I'll see if I can cook up an interesting character as soon as possible (and I promise he/she will be more intelligent than Gath from LEW ;) ). Are you allowing stuff from the complete warrior ?

ferretguy

First Post
Right then Kahuna, I also would be interested in playing in this setting. Picked up Oathbound books a long time ago, interesting system (rewards and stuff)it is. Would be able to have a concept up by tomorrow night. Thinking along lines of Paladin who had lost faith in deities...became a monk to find the perfection in himself.

deadestdai

First Post
For me, some sort of simpleton idiot warrior/brute who just wants to do the right thing and finds hiself conveniently saving the day for the side of "good". I dunno - Conan the Barbarian, only even more stupid and bigger. *grin*

How do you want us to do stats/hitpoints/equipment and so forth?

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Tristan Eransiel

Half-Elf Fighter 7

Raised amongst the elves he witnessed first hand the way the ageless detached themselves from the world outside. Its transient nature made them shun it, and it shunned them in turn. Blinded by long gone glories of their golden past, they ignored their insignificance in shaping the future.

Later, he served as a mercenary, merely one soldier among a host of others. The mortality of his companions loomed constantly over them. Death was their lot, and being such minor figures in the shaping of the world, their loss would be mourned by few. His companions accepted their positions in life, serving as pawns and playthings for the shapers of the world. Their brief and bleak existence convinced them of their own inability to change the world, and so they never tried.

Tristan grew discontent with both these attitudes. He decided that he would not be an meaningless spot on the fabric of history. He would find his own place in the world and then change it, and when he died, he would be remembered. No obscure death for a forgotten cause would be his. Greatness is granted to those who strive for it instead of letting it pass them by.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases