Fantasy Mag or SciFi

Cevalic

First Post
I was just wondering if anyone knew of any scifi or fantasy magazines that are full of short stories. My local bookstore doesn't have any, so I figured if anyone knew of one, someone in this forum must.

Thanks

NeuroZombie

Explorer
Science fiction & Fantasy is a good digets mag, as is Asimovs sci-fi mag. Ther are a few others, but they are small press and not really national. You would have to find them online and subscribe most likely.

Harp

First Post
The one I'm enjoying most is Black Gate (http://www.blackgate.com/). They appear to be putting out only about two issues a year, but what I've seen is pretty entertaining. They focus pretty exclusively on fantasy fiction but also include book and RPG reviews (which, admittedly, are fairly dated given the spotty release schedule of the periodical).

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Short fiction is pretty hard to find. The first on-line source you might want to check out is the Sci-fi channel website. They have dozens of classic and new short SF stories online.

The only other fantasy magazine I'm aware of is Weird Tales. We lost two very good mags over the last two years; Marion Zimmer Bradley's Fantasy Magazine (if you can find back issues, get them) and Sword and Sorcery.

Cemetery Dance does some good horror and dark fantasy.

Locus is the place to look for various high-end print magazines; they give an overview of each issue per month, along with websites for each so you can look into getting sample issues or subscriptions.

Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine
Chronicle
Dreams of Decadence
Leading Edge
Interzone

are just some of the magazines they list.

Also, go to the library and look up this years newest Writer's Guide to Markets. It will list many, many magazines, chapbooks, and other short story sources.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases