Undead Hunter Feat

CrusadeDave

First Post
I am DMing a 3 person group without a straight fighter or a Cleric, and am looking for something to give the party a fighting chance in Melee against Undead. We have a Druid 7, a Clr3/Wiz3/Mystic Theurge 1 and a Rogue 6/Barbarian 1. Every once and a while, I float some NPC's in and out of the party to balance them up a bit for whatever trial they'll be facing. But let's be honest, their fatality rate is a bit higher than the PC's.

I would like to create a feat to allow for some enhanced melee proficiency against undead. I was thinking of the following:

Undead Hunter: Prereq: Favored Enemy: Undead; and either Improved Critical/Weapon and/or Sneak Attack +4d6.

Benefits: When using a weapon enhanced to face undead (Bane:Undead, Ghost Touch, Disrupting, Holy), you are able to ignore the Undead ability to be immune to either Sneak Attack Damage, if your sneak attack damage is +4d6 or better, and/or Critical Hits, if you are using a weapon you have the Improved Critical feat for.

Does that seem balanced? Overpowered? Or worth taking?

fba827

Adventurer
For some reason while reading the feat it seems overly complex to my slow mental processes (but, okay, I a fever and need sleep).

I also seem to recall a feat in Masters of the Wild called Supernatural Blow that did something regarding special damage for an enemy immune to critical hits (or something like that) if you have access to that book, you may want to look at it just for comparison/reference.

Having said that, however, not to side trek the thread too much, but why a seperate feat? Why not toss in a couple scrolls of "Disrupting weapon" (if using 3.5 for a solution if you're only talking a couple adventures here and there rather than an entire campaign focused on it). Because even if you put a feat like that in your campaign, there is no real guarentee someone will want to take it over something less specialized.

UltimaGabe

First Post
I've actually been wanting a feat that allowed me to crit undead for some time. I had a 20th-level Barbarian that hated undead- so much that his weapon was Undead Bane, Ghost Touch, and intelligent with a special purpose to hate undead. His main problem, though, was that he couldn't crit undead. A feat like that would have helped flesh out the character more than anything else.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases