d20 Lankhmar (for anyone who's interested): A Work in Progress

AFGNCAAP

First Post
Belegbeth said:
This looks very interesting AFGNCAAP! Some quick thoughts:

1. In terms of game balance, the Expert class is very weak in comparison to the Warrior and Spellcaster classes. I would recommend giving Experts a d8 HD and/or 8 skill points/level.

I didn't have a problem with the Expert class as it stands. However, I'm writing up some 1st-level feats: 1 allows PCs to increase their Hit Die by 1 step (d4 to d6; d6 to d8; d10 to d12); and another allows PCs to increase their skill point base by 2 (2 to 4; 6 to 8); OTOH, there's some 1st-level flaws that do the opposite: 1 reduces the Hit Die by 1 step (d6 to d4; d10 to d8); the other decreases the skill point base by 2 (6 to 4).

Belegbeth said:
2. Regarding Nehwon spellcasters, I can see the Black Mages, especially with Incantations (they seem to fit Nin and Sheelba, and the others), but where are the other kinds of spellcasters in Leiber's stories? (This is not a criticism -- I am just curious.)

There are White Mages, who practice benevolent magics (healing, nature-based, etc.); Mouser's magical teacher Glavas Rho was a white mage; Fafhrd's mother & other women of the Snow Clan were Snow Witches (essentially Ice Mages); & Vlana mentions the Fire Sorcerers of the East as well (Fire Mages).

Basically, it breaks down into Black Mages (non-good), White Mages (good), and Elemental Mages (breaking down into various elements/energies). Black Mages primarily select from the Sorcerer/Wizard list, White Mages primarily select from the Druid list, and half of an Elemental Mages known spells (round up) must be of his/her selected element, though they can pick spells from the Sorcerer/Wizard, Cleric, & Druid spell lists.

Belegbeth said:
3. Priests in Nehwon should just be a "standard" profession (i.e., as a PrC there does not appear to be any warrant for giving them spells, etc.).

Hafta agree. I may give them bonuses to perform certain incantations, though (like Priests of the Cult of the Hates gaining a bonus for summoning/creating a Hate via an incantation).

Belegbeth said:
4. I would advise against using Psionics for the Quarmallian sorcerers -- there is no real indication in Leiber's story that their power is any different from that of other mages (and in fact, IIRC, the Gray Mouser has a scroll/spell that disrupts their spellcasting at one point).

These are just some things that came into my mind as I read your outline.

So far, it looks very cool!

The only character who sorta displays psychic power is Gwaay, who uses telekinesis to crush him and his brother Hasjarl under a block of stone. However, he could simply have the telekinesis spell, as well.

Thanks for the replies! Progress is slow, but it's progress....

Hoodooman

First Post
Utilize the 2nd Edition books.

I would definitely get the 2nd Edition boxed set Lankhmar or the 2nd Edition softcover City of Adventure. (Get both if you have the money, it's worth the price!) :D

You need two essential sourcebooks for the guilds: Rogues of Lankhmar and Cutthroats of Lanhmar: the two books detail all the trade guilds.

Plus pick up Thieves of Lankhmar for all the goods on the thieves' guild and Slayers of Lankhmar for the assassin's guild.

Also pick up some adventures too.

-The Hoodooman :uhoh:

Chupacabra

First Post
Keep up the good work. I've been waiting for someone to do this setting right by the new rules ('course I've been too lazy to do it myself).

Can't wait to see the finished product.

AFGNCAAP

First Post
Been a while . . .

Well, things have been going steadily slow since my initial post. Right now, I'm trying to hammer out a few of the non-human races (ghouls, ice gnomes, etc.), and I'm trying to figure out some class abilities as feats (like Rage), viable existing PrCs, etc.

Hopefully, I should be able to have the basic game up & running soon. I intend to have a test drive (of sorts) ASAP w/ my gaming group, to see how it handles.

Also, I am considering 2 class ability-feats that may work (& which I'll use instead of the UA Defense rules):

*Improved Defense (monk): This is the "+1 to AC per every 5 levels" class ability from the monk--it usually kicks in around 5th-6th level.

*Mindful Defense: This allows a PC to add his/her positive modifier from either Int or Wis (not both) to his/her AC. Much like the monk class, duelist PrC, or bladesinger PrC special ability.

I'll probably go with this and the Defense rolls for Lankhmar.

Also, I am considering having a crafted item level above masterwork for items: mainly as a means to allow for non-magical bonuses to gear. Thus, it'd be feasible to have a +1 or +2 weapon or suit of armor that isn't magical at all--just very well made. Uber-high Craft DC & expense for making this kind of stuff, though.

I would definitely get the 2nd Edition boxed set Lankhmar or the 2nd Edition softcover City of Adventure. (Get both if you have the money, it's worth the price!)

Used to have a lot of the old 2nd ed. Lankhmar books, but now all I have left is a copy of the 1st & 2nd ed. main sourcebooks, Wonders of Lankhmar, & 2 old 1st ed. Lankhmar modules.

Aries_Omega

Explorer
Wow

I just stumbled onto this thread by pure accident by googling d20 Lankhmar conversion. I am interested in any web sites out there people have built about this. I love converting older games to d20. Please feel free to contact me at MarsAlpha@yahoo.com anytime with more info....especially on this conversion.

Cris Picado

harmyn

First Post
My racial conversions for Lankhmar -

EEVANMARENSEERS

These people live in a distant, decadent empire. They have an old culture that has decayed from its once great mastery over the distant eastern lands. The only remaining city in the empire is its capital, Eevanmarensee. From this city they still occasionally head out into the world to find what few wonders and pleasures their culture has yet to learn.

Personality: Eevanmarenseers are considered a shallow, petty lot. They enjoy food and reverie more than even the most depraved Lankhmart noble. Because of this attitude they lost an empire, and deep down they have yet to truly forgive themselves for it. Many think this is the reason that so much of their time is spent in drug and alcohol induced stupors. Still they aren't a completely wasted culture. Some of those who try and maintain sobriety can become quite learned in the ancient and often neglected library found within Eevanmarensee.

Physical Description: These folk have the same basic build as all other typical humans. The startling difference is in their hair. All people native to the distant city are completely hairless; they have none at all anywhere. This lack of body hair extends to all other animals born in this crumbling city. Dogs, cats, horses, none of them have any hair at all. Even a few breeds of birds have begun to appear that lack feathers.

To make up for the lack of hair, these people often dress in very rich and extravagant clothing made from the finest silks and cloths. The lowliest peasants of this culture dress in finery to make even an Ilthmar merchant jealous.

Relations: Eevanmarenseers typically get along fairly well with other races, though the superior attitude they often have can put others off. The race that dislikes them most is the easterners to the south. These people were once a part of the empire, and some still remember the stories from the ancient past. However, the remote location of the city makes communication and trade with others infrequent at best. This is slowly becoming an isolated culture.

Language: This race has its own language, a hold over from the time of empire and bears the name of their once splendid capital, Eevanmarensee. This is the language spoken by all who are raised within the city or on the lands surrounding it. Many also learn the trade language of Lankhmarese, especially those who would travel beyond the borders of the aging city. Within the library of the city, there can be found texts and guides for many of the languages, both new and old that are spoken around the known regions of Nehwon.

Names: Names common to this land generally fall into one of two categories. They are either very short, consisting of only one or two syllables; or they are very longwinded. Family names are very important and all members of this society where their surnames like a badge of honor, a decaying, worn out badge of honor.

Male Names: Adricandus, Geffin, Stanni, Zebbyah
Female Names: Alix'faziel, Reefa, Rilla, Shenni

Adventurers: People of Eevanmarensee seldom leave their now limited holdings. Those who do leave are either in search of an escape from the shallow opulence of life in the city or are looking for even greater vices to indulge themselves in. A rare few feel a driving force to recover some of the lost artifacts and relics of their bygone empire. These folk are often the most scholarly and dedicated of the people seen in their culture. Needless to say, these individuals are all but nonexistent. And even they can be seduced by the wonders of Lankhmar.

Eevanmarenseer Racial Traits

-2 Charisma because of their unusual appearance. Most other humans find tend to find them unsettling to look at.

Because of the wealth that can still be found within their lands. All characters from Eevanmarenseer receive 4 times their standard starting wealth.

Automatic Languages: Eevanmarensee. Bonus Languages: Any (although it is highly advisable to take Lankhmarese so that you will be able to communicate with others since it is the most common language in the lands.

The spellcasters from Eevanmarensee can choose to be Fire Mages instead of the standard Black and White Wizards.

There are no barbarians to be found among this people. So that class isn't open to them.

These folk receive the bonus feat and additional skill points common to the standard humans.

Favored Class: Any.

harmyn

First Post
Nehwon Ghouls

GHOULS

These are not the undead monsters that so many fear. No, these are a vicious race of men that all who encounter them quickly learn to fear. Found wandering the steppe near the Sea of Monsters on the eastern continent and along the edges of the Parched Mountains to the south of Lankhmar, this is an odd race of men. It is uncertain if they were ever entirely human, but if so, none can imagine the events that have changed them into the frightening image they now show. Still they make their home wherever they choose and are a highly adaptive people. A people that are in the end, cannibals.

Personality: A practical, though violent culture symbolizes all they stand for. Ghouls actively seek out combat and bloody battle, to them it is a sign of honor and status to have a great score of bodies to be able to lay claim too. Because of this attitude, ghouls seldom shed a tear for comrades fallen, even when it is a very close friend. After all, death in battle is one of the most glorious ways a ghoul can die.

Another of their endearing qualities is their appetite. Ghouls see nothing wrong with eating another sentient being. In fact, they find human flesh to be quite tasty. Most scholars agree that the predisposition to eat the dead is a result of the hard environments they so often use to make their home. Whether or not this is true is unknown, the ghouls have done it for as long as they can remember, and have no plans to stop anytime soon. The one exception to the eating of humans is when they travel among others. If they find a human companion that they truly enjoy the company of, they will refrain from eating others while the ghoul's friend is around. It’s a sign of respect for them.

Physical Description: It's their appearance that makes a ghoul look so different from others. All of their skin, muscles, and organs are completely transparent. All you can see of a ghoul is their skeleton and hair. This is a rare natural condition that serves as an excellent form of camouflage. Since they find advantage in their near invisible state, ghouls refrain from wear clothing and armor. Such dress completely counters the advantage nature gave them. The only adornments they wear are cloaks and belts to hang their weapons and possessions.
Since this is a natural effect, no form of dispelling, seeing invisible, or true sight will counter any bonuses gained by the ghoul.

Relations: The only race that is more territorial than the ghouls are the mingols. This result's in near constant strife with any they encounter and this suits the ghouls just fine. All the other races consider the ghouls to be a savage and cruel people, a reputation they deserve. Few are found among the other cultures of Nehwon, and then the ghouls have to hide themselves or find themselves frequently driven out of town. Lankhmar can still accept them among its many varied peoples, but never easily and seldom quickly.

Language: At one time the ghouls had their own language, but it has been lost. They now all speak Lankhmarese. Because of their nomadic nature, they slowly picked up the language used by cultures they raided. Their old language, called Old Ghoulish, can still be found on some scrolls and texts lost in ruins. These occasions are few and far between though.

Names: Most ghoul names tend to be guttural and fairly brief. Many sound almost like a battle cry or death chant when said repeatedly. This may be a distinct possibility, for many ghouls are known to chant the names of their greatest and bravest before or during a battle.

Male Names: Brach, Lorshak, Moeg
Female Names: Hanshri, Kreeshkra, Seerkis

Adventurers: The ghouls who forsake their nomadic life, do it because they want something more, or are far too vicious for even the most gristly ghoul chieftain to tolerate. More often it is the first option though. They decide that there is more to life than just raiding and eating their victims. These ghouls search for their lost heritage (if there is one) or at least a challenge truly worthy of their skills. These people make excellent scouts and guides, and superb fighters. A company that is fortunate to count one of these ghouls among their number is lucky indeed.

Ghoul Racial Traits

-4 Charisma as a result of their inhuman nature. So many other races see them as a threat; ghouls find that their appearance alone can put off a crowd.

-2 Penalty to all Bluff, Diplomacy, and Gather Information skill checks. It is difficult for ghouls to socialize with other races.

+2 to Move Silently, and a +4 bonus to Intimidate and Hide skill checks made by them though. This comes from their upbringing, appearance, and the benefit of natural fear they instill in others.

The invisible nature of their flesh gives them a +4 circumstance bonus to their Armor Class in normal lighting and a +6 bonus in dim lighting, and in near darkness they are effectively invisible 80% of the time and receive all bonuses related to being invisible. Note, this bonus is only available when the ghoul is all but nude.

Because of the natural armor bonuses they receive, ghouls wear no armor, regardless of their class or training. It is simply a taboo among their culture that none will break.

Ghouls receive a +4 to all saves versus poisons and diseases because of their hardy nature and unusual diet.

The very mundane and concrete way of thinking found in the ghoul culture gives them a +2 bonus versus all mind-affecting forms of magic.

Low-light vision: All ghouls have exceptional vision that allows them to see twice as far as normal humans when using torchlight, starlight, or other such dim sources of illumination.

Automatic Language: All ghouls speak Lankhmarese. Bonus languages: Mingol, Iltharish, Desert Talk, Eevanarensee, and the Eastern Tongue.

Favored class: Fighter. Because of the martial and violent nature of their lives, ghouls make excellent fighters.

harmyn

First Post
Races of Nehwon - Klesh'ites

KLEsh'itES

Native to the jungles in the southeast corner of the Lankhmar continent, klesh'ites are a small quick race of dark-complexioned men. They live throughout the jungles and challenge any to try and lay claim to their lands. Many think these are a primitive and barbaric folk, but there are great and ancient cities found deep within their steamy jungles, and according to what little evidence is available, the klesh'ites built them.

Personality: Industrious hunter-gatherers best describes the culture that represents these folk. Klesh'ites are inquisitive and love to trade for advanced luxury items and tools not normally found in their country. The penchant some merchants have for betraying, stealing, and sometimes enslaving the folk of the jungle has led to an attitude of weariness that didn't always exist here. While flexible in many ways of thinking, their devotion to the Earth is unshakable. To them it is a primal elemental force to be worshipped and revered, considering it to be the highest of deities, and the only true god to worship.

Physical Description: Klesh'ites are generally a short people, but with amazing reflexes. The bright sun and intense heat of the jungle homeland has given the klesh'ites a dark skin, almost ebony in color. Though the klesh'ites would be considered extremely hairy when compared to the eevanmarenseer; they actually have little body hair. They can grow rich full heads of hair, but there is little beyond that. Many in the northern lands consider this lack of excessive body hair to be very attractive and alluring. This might help explain some of the slavery problems the border tribes have. They were only a moderate amount of clothing, a result of the warmth of their native environs. The outfits they do choose though, are often bright and decorative. Some of these clothes fetch well over 200 rilks in the stalls of Lankhmar.

The only physical flaw seen among the people of Klesh is their more slight nature. While it makes them agile in their homeland, they are at a slight disadvantage when dealing with environs and diseases from beyond the jungles. This results in their personal stamina being slightly less than most other humans. Some have learned about this flaw and think the klesh'ites are weak. Most of the folk who believe this end up dancing on the end of a spear.

Relations: Traders from as far away as Eevanmarensee and Mulg Nar make their way to the jungle borders for trade. They are watchful but friendly and have traded with most who come to the edges of their lands in peace. If any try to penetrate too deep into the dense jungle the klesh'ites will hunt them down; with the intention of driving them out or simply killing them. Whichever the discovering tribe decides is easier. The Klesh'ites have regular and frequent skirmishes with ghoul nomads on the continent's interior and similar problems along he coast with would-be mingol raiders.

The one race the klesh'ites watch for more than any other are the quarmallians. These folk see the jungles solely as a source for renewing their supplies of always dwindling servants. Caravans bearing the markings of Quarmall are almost always attacked on site.

Language: Their native language is called Kleshian, and it has no written component. This is the basic language common to all the tribes of the jungle region. Many of them have their own dialects and variations, but any who know the base language can quickly understand the dialect they happen to be dealing with. All the traveler need do is listen carefully and have a little patience. Those few rumors of the great cities within the jungle speak of pictograms and hieroglyphs found on the walls of some buildings. Some sages speculate that this is the written form base Kleshian. A form of writing, that if found, would cause a great deal of excitement in scholarly circles; not to mention those groups that like to acquire rare and valuable antiquities.

Names: Klesh'ite names put emphasis on vowels over consonants. Names very greatly in length. Some say that the size of the name given to a klesh'ite child is directly related to the boredom of the parents when they choose it. Their names often have meaning in the Kleshian language that can't be directly translated into Lankhmarese.

Male names: Adwa, Embae, Koonteachi, Menjal
Female names: Andea, Denjissi, Nuinnen, Serri

Adventurers: Most klesh'ites found away from their homeland were either taken as slaves or exiled for reasons normally not shared with foreigners. They are almost always enterprising and clever. They fit well in most every facet of civilization, but it is apparent they are there only by choice or circumstance, not by nature. These individuals are accepting of all other races, because to the average klesh'ite, all the others look plain in comparison.

Klesh'ite Racial Traits

+2 dexterity, -2 constitution. While klesh'ites are normally slight of build and quite healthy, the jungle environment they call home is amazingly free of northern and eastern ailments. The disease and filth found in civilization is often more than their bodies can stand. This leads to the weakened constitutions.

Klesh'ites receive the additional feat and skill points common to all typical human races.

Automatic Languages: Kleshian (remember this language has no written component). Bonus Languages: Lankhmarese, Quarmallian, and Ilthmarish.

Spellcasters of Klesh are sorcerers; this is the only place where the blood magic is found in Nehwon. Many of these spell casters become eventually Earth Mystics. This is the only culture suspected of having these ancient wizards, and any who practice this magical form that are found in the cities of the north have based their skills and rituals on gifts seen in the powerful Klesh'ite magics.

Favored Class: Barbarian. The harsh life endured by the people of the jungles makes them naturally tend towards the warriors found in nature.

Last edited:

harmyn

First Post
Mingols

MINGOLS

Born on the northeastern steppe, this proud race is a menace to all who travel the roads and seas of Nehwon. Mingols tend to be nomadic wanderers who stake out large swaths of territory and then dare any to cross their lands without asking proper permission. The need to travel is so great for these folk that they have taken to the seas, raiding and traveling as they see fit. There is no known previous Mingol culture. As far as the sages can tell, these folk have always been a savage, ferocious race of men bent on war only for the pleasure of it.

Personality: The Mingol mindset is one of extremes. They seek great challenges and pleasures; the thought of a timid life is considered a nightmare. Even a Mingol merchant or barkeep is a potential danger. This rather dangerous attitude toward life has made the Mingols many enemies and few friends. All dealings are on a tribal basis, and while one may become a great friend, there is seldom a chance of having much luck with the next petty chieftain. Still the Mingol mindset isn't a foolish one. They have a great gift for strategy and common sense; their elderly (the few who survive that long) are some of the wisest, plain-speaking folk found in all the lands.

Physical Description: A small, compact race of men, mingols still have a powerful stance and way of moving about; very certain, very confidant. Their skin has a slight yellowish tint that is noticed from time to time, giving them a just-off pale complexion. Their hair is black and straight as a rule. It is very rare for a mingol to be born with brown hair, and blonde and redheads are unknown to the steppe nomads. Men can grow facial hair, but it is never as full or thick as the northerner's beards. Eye colors are more often in the range of brown and auburn; once in a while blue eyes are seen, and when a woman has green eyes, she is considered an exceptional prize.
The mingols wear more exotic cuts of hide and styles of clothing that contrast with many of their western conquered treasures they adorn themselves with. Much of the mingol tradition of clothing is influenced by the Eastern Lands and the Eevanmarenseers culture. Still they have combined the many different styles to make their own distinctive culture and manor of dress.

Relations: Mingol relations are a simple thing; they war and raid everyone. Even other mingol tribes aren't safe from their trepidations. Despite this simple and violent tendency, mingol traders are found in every major, and many minor, cities all across Nehwon. When not perfecting their gift for slaughter, mingols apparently make gifted craftsmen and merchants. Still when traveling across their lands all must be careful. There is no organized central mingol government. Some tribes might grant free passage to a caravan, then the very next tribe might strike killing all in the group and taking whatever goods are found for themselves.

Language: Mingols have their own distinct language that has evolved from the many tribal dialects spoken across the region. These languages have all melded together into a single well-understood language spoken by all mingols. None are certain if it was a natural growth from the constant fighting and interacting of the tribes, or a deliberate move made by mingol sages and wizards. It is written by a series of characters that is totally different from those used by the western lands making it a very difficult language to learn to read.

Names: Mingol names very greatly from tribe to tribe sharing no common form or design. Many names carry an esoteric meaning or symbol, but just as often, the name is chosen because of how it sounds to the speaker, provided that you have a mingol's appreciation of language and sound.

Male Names: Edumir, Gavs, Gonov, Khahkt, Larlt, Ourph, Ouwenyis, Teevs
Female Names: Evna, Fenn, Khekra, Telvia, Wendrie

Adventurers: Mingols are born to adventure like a fish is born to water. Their lives are filled with violence, conquest, and protection. The only difference between the typical mingol and one of the adventuring variety is that the adventurer has chosen to leave behind all he has known and enter a much larger, much more dangerous world; the world of civilized men. Mingols tend to view the other races with equal distaste, knowing only too well that they above all, are the fiercest race to walk Nehwon.

Mingol Racial Traits

+2 Dexterity, -2 Strength. Mingols have quicker reflexes than the average man, but their smaller build makes them a little less physically impressive when looking at raw strength.

Proficiency with scimitar and shortbow. The violent nature of the mingol culture insures that all members are trained in their basic weapons, regardless of the particular mingol's class or training. If the class already has full training with both weapons, then the character receives the Weapon Focus for either the scimitar or rapier for free (but not both).

+2 to Riding (horse) or +2 to Profession (sailor), depending on whether the character is a land or sea mingol. The skill is also considered a class skill in the event it isn't already.

Automatic Languages: Mingol. Bonus Languages: Lankhmarese, Ilthmarish, Eastern Tongue, Eevanmarensee, Kvarchish.

Mingols receive the standard bonus skill points common to all human characters.

Favored Class: Fighter. While savage, the mingol culture is more organized and advanced than a typical barbarian lifestyle. So the way of the fighter is their chosen livelihood.

harmyn

First Post
Races of Nehwon - Northerner

NORTHERNERS

The men who travel the icy fields of the north are a breed apart from others, these fair-haired powerfully built men travel the lands thought inhospitable by the civilized men of the world. Snow covered plains and harsh mountains serve as home to the northerner. Fearless and untiring in their nature, northerners are a proud people, more than capable of holding their own in the southern world. The tribes of the north have no true organized government, but they do meet once every year for a great trading festival that allows them to exchange alliances and settle scores.

Personality: The northerners have the almost reckless warrior mentality. These folk laugh at danger, enjoy dangerous challenges and bets, and take insults to heart. Northerners have a deep love of life, seeing all as a challenge or reward. Nothing is taken at face value, but questions are never pushed to far. Their weakness though is their superstition. The men of the north are constantly on the watch for omens in everything, ranging from birds overhead to unusual fog cover. More than a few civilized men have taken advantage of this fear to line their own pockets.

Physical Description: Northerners are bigger than most others. They stand taller and broader than the men in the cities of the south and tower well above the mingols of the steppe. Northerners have pale skin, that doesn't hold a deep tan, even with the constant exposure to the elements. Their hair is often blonde, but brown and red hair is not uncommon. The eyes of the northerners have as wide a range as the men to the south. The facial hair of the men is very common and very full. In fact the men consider a beard as a sign of maturity and adulthood, boys who cannot grow a good beard are looked at suspiciously by the elders of the tribe. Girls often grow their hair waste length, though a few of the more rebellious young ladies cut it off at their neck as a sign of defiance to the old crones who gather about to gossip.

Northerners wear wool and hide made from the animals they stalk or keep. Ornamentation is popular, but jewelry is not extremely common in large quantities. The dress is always thick and full, a result of the severe weather that surrounds them constantly.

Relations: Northerners have skirmishes with the Eight Cities and the Mingol Hordes all the time. The northerners also enjoy sailing the seas, and these men aren't bashful about going after a lucrative prize. Still these men aren't as bloody or vicious as the mingols are. Northern traders are seen in the Eight Cities frequently, but less often in Ilthmar and Lankhmar. There are few northerners seen in the Eastern Lands and Quarmal. Occasionally a brave ship will sail down to the kle:):):):)e coast, but this happens only a few times at most each year.

Names: The names found in the north tend to be breathier than a southerner's but not to a great degree. They have a wide variety of names, but the same ones come up often in their history. It is normally considered a great honor to be named after a fallen hero or friend of the family, so repetition of a name is very common.

Male Names: Fafhrd, Lavas, Mannimark, Nalgron, Skor
Female Names: Ahnem, Frae, Lenia, Mor, Silia

Northerner Racial Traits

+2 Strength, -2 Wisdom. Northerners are a strong people with a solid form, but unfortunately the warrior's code they live by makes them almost suicidal at times and none to wise.

+2 to Wilderness Lore. In addition this is considered a class skill for northerners regardless of their regular class skill list.

Bonus Feat: Endurance. All northerners receive this feat for free, a side effect of the native environment.

Automatic languages: Kvarchish. The northerners share the same language as the land of Eight Cities, though there is a slight dialect difference, any listening to one or the other will quickly pick up on the changes.

Favored Class: Barbarian. These men lead a harsh, simple life.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases