Sultans of Smack

Status
Not open for further replies.

reapersaurus

First Post
why do people keep trying to come up with massive-damage from falling objects or fire damage? LOL

For me, the winner of that Smack was done over a year ago when we discussed how a huge lead block could be shrunken with Shrink Item, and then dropped or launched at someone, then the Shrink Item would be discharged, leaving a hideously heavy object to land on someone.

Literally, the 10-ton wieght-on-the-head gag.

I've got the thread saved on my work computer, if anyone doesn't remember the details and is interested.

edit: Also, Jeremy, when you repost, I have an update to the Kord Incarnate Strength Smack.
(someday I'll think of a Smackdown that actually USES all that Strength) :)

I don't know why I started with a 24 STR half-orc?
So it starts with a 22 STR orc.
Change the template from Half-Dragon to Werebear (increasing the ECL by 1 and STR from 8 to 16)
Add Greater aspect of the Diety (+4)
Change 1 level of cleric for 1 level of Frenzied Berserker (+6)
Add Mantle of Egregious Might (from Book of Eldritch Might, +4 luck bonus to STR)
Swap Manual of Gainful Exercise +5 for Primal Release, a +10 inherent bonus (also from BoEM)

So....
Use the Mighty Contender of Kord PrC from Dragon 283 (Brb1/Cleric4/Mighty Contender 10/Frenzied Berserker1)
22 STR orc
+16 Werebear template (at cost of 4 levels)
+4 while raged
+4 Rage spell (DotF)
+6 when frenzied
+2 Mighty Contender level ups
+4 level ups each 4 levels
+4 Righteous Might
+4 Two Arms of Nyr
+4 Greater Aspect of the Deity
+4 luck from Mantle of Egregious Might
+10 inherent from Primal Release
+21 from the Surge of Power 10th level Contender ability: grant an enhancement bonus to STR equal to 1.5 times your combined cleric and contender levels for 1d4+1 rounds
= 105 STR (for 1d4+1 rounds)

Oh, and for the Shuriken Smackdown, if I really wanted to be abusive, I'd include a Septuple-Empowered Eagle's Splendor, cast by an Incantrix (Magic of Faerun), granting an average of 42 instead of the 17, so that ups Divine Might damage to 38 (skips to end), totalling 1417 damage every round!

If the two extra arms from being a mutant Sahaugin grant an extra attack each, that ups it to 1822 in one round.

Last edited:

reapersaurus

First Post
cripes.
I think I underestimated the bonus the ridiculous cheese of the Septuply(7)-Empowered spells an Incantrix can provide grant you.

An average Bull's Strength grants 1d4+1.
An Empowered one grants 1d4+1 x 1.5 = 3.5 x 1.5 = 5.25
A 7-times Empowered one grants on average 59, with a max enhancement bonus of 85 on a simple roll of a 4.

See why these spell abuses should be reigned in? ;)

If this is correct, I would modify the Kord Incarnate Smackdown to dump the Mighty Contender 'wimpy' 21 enhancement bonus to STR in favor of the 59 average.
Then go Orc Werebear Bbn1/Fighter2/Frenzied Berserker1/Sorcerer2/Dragon Disciple10 to get 151 STR average, up to 175 STR on a roll of a 4 off the initial Bull's Strength.

The Incantrix re-calculation for the Shuriken Smack is now at 1585 for a 2-armed character, 2038 for the 4-armed!
That's average.
If the Eagle's Splendor gets a 4 on the roll, there's 1858 for 2-arms, 2311 for 4-arms of cheesy damage.

in a round.
re-useable.

Attachments

• shuriken smackdown septuple revised .doc
    23 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
reapersaurus said:
I think I underestimated the bonus the ridiculous cheese of the Septuply(7)-Empowered spells an Incantrix can provide grant you.
Nope.

reapersaurus said:
An average Bull's Strength grants 1d4+1.
Correct.

reapersaurus said:
An Empowered one grants 1d4+1 x 1.5 = 3.5 x 1.5 = 5.25
Still correct, though rounding takes this to 5 ((3+4+6+7)/4=5).

reapersaurus said:
A 7-times Empowered one grants on average 59, with a max enhancement bonus of 85 on a simple roll of a 4.
Certainly not. Empower uses the D&D multiplication rules, making a 7x Empowered spell 4.5 times as powerful as the base spell, for an average of 15.5 ( (9+13+18+22)/4=15.5 ).

reapersaurus said:
See why these spell abuses should be reigned in? ;)
Some people think it's still abusive as +15. I think the jury's still out on this one...

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
It's the reusable part that scares me. Most of the smacks are one-shots, but this one just keep going and going.

It's all with 1-point attacks, too!

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
200 posts exceeded. Closing down now...
I take it that y'all want the thread archived, right? Can do. I must be careful, though, since Piratecat has been experiencing severe problems when trying to archive big threads. Specifically, a lot of posts got lost and since I don't want to risk that here, I'll make a copy of the thread first. :cool:

BTW, Jeremy, you could ask an Admin to alter your name in your old account from Jairami to Jeremy (for which he'd need to delete the Jeremy account first, obviously) if you wanted to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases