Sultans of Smack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jairami

First Post
Please remember that no smack is perfect on it's first try and if you'll do a search for the original thread of the smack, you'll probably find that your concerns have been posted and addressed in the thread. Unfortunately for my own sanity's sake and for the preservation of the brevity of this archive, I cannot post every question and correction for every post.

Conversely, if an author wants to use the board's private message thing to send me additions or corrections to one of their posts, it is your post and I will do my best to alter it as you like as soon as possible.

Thank you, and let the smacks continue!

Submissions now open, smack away.

Last edited:

Carpe DM

First Post
(settles in, rolls up shirtsleeves)

Howdy, folks.

Had an interesting move happen in a game the other night.

Githyanki Gladiator / Psywar. He bluffed as his move equivalent, then used Deep Impact to negate armor.

Darn near stripped an uberbuffed AC character down to a 10 AC.

Then, of course, he pulled a full power attack.

Ow ow ow...

best,

Carpe

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Mr. Ginsu: Revisited

Jairami said:
With the vorpal gauntlets he theoretically has around a 90% chance of killing 8 Solars if they ever surround him.

With the permission of secretary Jairami, I humbly submit a solution to this long-unanswered problem: 99.37%.

Conditions:
Ftr10/Weapon Master10
Attack bonus +33 (easily obtainable)
Great Cleave
Improved Critical (bladed gauntlet)
A single pre-errata +4 keen vorpal bladed gauntlet
Two Whirlwind Attacks via a hasted ki whirlwind

If the post-errata bladed gauntlets are used, the chance to kill all 8 drops to 51.34%; if a keen vorpal scimitar and Improved Critical (scimitar) are used instead, the chance becomes 89.91%.

Elric

First Post
Wow!

I hadn't seen some of these smacks before- they're amazing. I especially like the pudding smack. The Iajitsu smacks were also ridiculous- 2500 damage! I don't have OA, but I assume that it is much more balanced at low levels...

One way to enhance the pudding smack would be to make it Psionic- this would allow it the use of your choice of half a dozen level 9 Psionic powers at will. The only downside is the increase in CR (+3 for creatures of 8-15 HD. I would suggest powers like True Telekinesis, Temporal Velocity, Dissolution, True Metabolism, Microcosm...

If you are using the Psionics handbook you can add Skin of the Hero to enhance some of these smacks. A Coup de Grace weapon is also nice combined with True Strike.

I created the "Death Machine" smackdown and Henry gave him his ultimate name, Mr. Ginsu. CRGreathouse- I'm impressed that you could calculate that. Can you calculate the chance of killing all of the Solars if you use two Scimitars (just assume that you never miss except on a 1, which only takes a Brilliant Aura) but only get one Whirlwind Attack? Errata on Weaponmaster got rid of the double-Whirlwind ability, so you would only get a Whirlwind attack and a full attack (6 more individual attacks).

Keep up the good work! Nothing like seeing level 16 PCs able to take out the CR 16 1100 HP Kraken in one round...

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Elric - it took me hours of calculation, with pencil, paper, a calculator, and my computer. I'll try to calculate it with one Whirlwind & TWF, but it'll take me a while.

One Whirlwind, no TWF:
Threat/Chance to kill all 8
7-20/87.87%
10-20/55.06%
13-20/16.32%

Last edited:

Jairami

First Post
Re: Mr. Ginsu: Revisited

CRGreathouse said:

With the permission of secretary Jairami, . . .

No need to ask me, I'm just the secretary. :) Any and all hard work that people want to submit, discuss, and clarify is just more fun for everybody.

::chuckles to himself:: ...CRG asked *me* for permission... Heh... :eek:

Gilrion

First Post
Ranger Smackdown?

Great job, guys. These are a lot of fun to read.

I wonder... The Ranger class is pretty much thought of as underpowered (and I agree, too!) would it be possible to get a pure PHB Ranger into the Smackdown Club? I don't see it... but you're the experts :) Cheers!

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Can someone fill me in on the rules? Limits on attributes, level, resource values? What AC opponents are assumed to be for calculating average damage, etc?

-Hyp.

reapersaurus

First Post
Re: Ranger Smackdown?

Gilrion said:
Would it be possible to get a pure PHB Ranger into the Smackdown Club? I don't see it... but you're the experts :) Cheers!
I believe it could be easily done with the Polymorph Self and a good form.
Troll or Annis Hag or some such...?

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Re: Re: Ranger Smackdown?

I believe it could be easily done with the Polymorph Self and a good form.
Troll or Annis Hag or some such...?

Of course, except against a favoured enemy, anything you come up with could probably be done identically-but-better by a Ftr4/Wiz16.

For the first 16 rounds, anyway.

-Hyp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases