Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Sir Hawkeye said:

Spell Storing: "Spell... of upto 3rd level"

Minor Globe of Invulnerability: "Spell effects of up to 3rd level"

Globe of Invulnerability: "4th-level spells and spell-like effects"

I submit that the terms Spell and Spell Effects are used interchangeably (as demonstrated by Minor Globe and Globe) for the purposes of the Globe spells. This makes the terminology of Spell Storing and Minor Globe identical. ...
No, it doesn't; why should it? Again: By this kind of logic, a wizard could prepare, say, a quickened fireball in a 3rd-level slot. Which he can't. Thus, what you are proposing is no universal rule, sorry.

Case in point: Do you think you can use a 3rd-level pearl of power to regain a maximized lightning bolt that you've just cast?

Last edited:

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Again: By this kind of logic, a wizard could prepare, say, a quickened fireball in a 3rd-level slot. Which he can't.

No, he accepts that. But he's saying that you're preparing a 3rd level spell in a 7th level slot.

Case in point: Do you think you can use a 3rd-level pearl of power to regain a maximized lightning bolt that you've just cast?

Now that, he'd have to answer "Yes", given his arguments to date.

-Hyp.

Last edited:

Darkness

Hypersmurf said:
No, he accepts that. But he's saying that you're preparing a 3rd level spell in a 7th level slot.
I know that he accepts this specific situation (i.e., preparing spells with metamagic feats); it's just that he doesn't see that it's the same for everything else, too. But it is the same nonentheless...

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
I know that he accepts this specific situation (i.e., preparing spells with metamagic feats); it's just that he doesn't see that it's the same for everything else, too.

Except for purposes of counterspells, save DC, and penetrating Globes?

Hmm. In the case of an area dispel, would it be treated as 3rd or 7th for determining which spell is hit first, I wonder?

-Hyp.

Darkness

Hypersmurf said:
Except for purposes of counterspells, save DC, and penetrating Globes?
I meant preparing spells, putting spells into items, figuring the price for magical items, and similar situations. Sorry for being too vague. :)

reapersaurus

First Post
wow.
What a quick discussion of rules- cool.

Regardless of the rules, _I_ just think it's not that effective of Smackdown.
2 days of prep and 140,000 G.P.'s of equipment and 16 levels of spellcaster for a one-round smack ain't too impressive. :(

Heck, couldn't a more damaging Smackdown be done by having a 16th level wizard equip 6 1st-level wizard punks with a Wand of Chain Lightning with 1 charge each (3,456 gp's a piece)? ;)

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Heck, couldn't a more damaging Smackdown be done by having a 16th level wizard equip 6 1st-level wizard punks with a Wand of Chain Lightning with 1 charge each (3,456 gp's a piece)? ;)

Hey, now there's an idea - the Rogue Leadership Smackdown.

By the time a Rogue hits 20th level, he could take the Leadership feat nine times. Since, from the point of acquisition, they gain experience at half the rate of the Rogue, by 20th level, he will have nine cohorts of levels : 14,15,15,15,16,16,17,18,17. (Assuming a charisma of 20 by 14th level.)

If they're all Sorcerers with Haste, that's eighteen Chain Lightnings in one round.

Vwap! Fry up a city with this puppy...

-Hyp.

Last edited:

FANGO

First Post
Aww cmon...

I'm surprised nobody has posted a dragon disciple smackdown, because I've got one that does 160 average damage in a single charge attack, and that's only at 13th level, and also without optimum stuff, and also only ona single attack! (no haste, no full round attack w/wild fighting from 2 levels of tribal protector...)

C'mon, people!

(btw...iaijutsu masters are the ultimate smackdown artists...you can do INSANE things with them...and I think that what's been posted here doesn't even start to exploit the crazy powers they and the rest of OA has (ex: quicker than the eye, flick of the wrist from song and silence can give you super duper damage even after the first round of combat, or if the bad guy surprises you or something))

oh, and I'll post some more details on my dragon disciple later, probably...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases