Sultans of Smack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jairami

First Post
If you can make a dragon disciple rival the strength of reapersaurus's avatar of Kord (god of strength), we'd love to see it Fango.

MeanGenes

First Post
The Hit Point Super Soaker.

This isn't so much a smackdown but a min/maxing of HP:

Dwarf with 20 con, start lawful good align, switch to neutral good at 3rd level
Levels (max/avg HP at each level)
Level 1 paladin, feat toughness, 13/13 HP
level 2 Ranger 10/5.5
level 3 cleric, dwarf's toughness +6 HP, 14/10.5
level 4 barbarian 12/6.5
level 5 barbarian 12/6.5
level 6 fighter, dragon's toughness +12 taken twice, 34/29.5
Level 7 fighter, dragon's toughness +12 , 22/17.5
8-19 fighter with dragon's toughness taken every other level as bonus feat
8 10/5.5
9 22/17.5 + 12 dragon toughness feat
10 10/5.5
11 22/17.5
12 10/5.5 + 12 DT
13 22/17.5
14 10/5.5
15 22/17.5 + 12 DT
16 10/5.5
17 22/17.5
18 10/5.5 +12 DT
19 22/17.5
20 sorc 4/2.5 get toad familiar

Maximum HP = 351, avg = 277.5 (let's round up to 278).

Now let's add in con. 20 at first level + 5 stat increases + 5 inherent (tome) + 6 amulet of health + 4 raging + 2 toad = 42 con. A 42 con gives a con bonus of +16. 16 X 20 levels = 320 HP.

Max HP = 671, avg HP = 598.

Now, you can add temporary HP into this like aid spell (1d8), bardic music (2d10), and potion of heroism (2d10). You can also switch out a level of cleric for a level of psychic warrior and pick up the Verve power for 1 temporary HP for 1 minute. If someone wants to go ahead and look up every +temporary HP spell and magic item go ahead and add that onto what I have so far. Does anyone know how to add any more actual HP's though?

Last edited:

Jairami

First Post
Then there's the "Put the Tenser's Transformation in the Spell Storing Ring" addition.

Throw that in there maximized (still technically a 6th level spell) from your 20th level compatriot and add 20d6 temporary hp.

:)

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Why start as paladin and then throw away the paladin abilities later? That is, what hp benefit does this gain you?

Last edited:

orbitalfreak

First Post
I think that the level of paladin is for the bonus to saving throws (especially FORT), to qualify for the advanced Toughness-like feats.

The extra +2 to fort allows the character to meet the pre-req's for these feats earlier.

Of course, I could be wrong.

MeanGenes

First Post
I think that the level of paladin is for the bonus to saving throws (especially FORT), to qualify for the advanced Toughness-like feats.

The extra +2 to fort allows the character to meet the pre-req's for these feats earlier.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Nope, that's right. :) In order to get to dragon toughness, you need a Base Fort save of 11. The fastest way to get there is by multiclassing with all the classes which give +2 fort save in their first level. Going pal 1/rang 1/cler 1/barb 2/ftr 1 gives you a fort save of 11 at 6th level and allows you to take all dragon toughness feats afterward as fighter bonus feats and regular feats.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Ah - I see now. :p

(And the Sultans of Smack are back from page 4, BTW. :cool: )

Last edited:

Jairami

First Post
Wow. Moderator bump. Nice to feel appreciated. :D

Yeah, yeah, just the secretary, but still. I contribute too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases