Sultans of Smack

Status
Not open for further replies.

RigaMortus

Explorer
On the first post there, the Paladin smack down one, you mention that you should obtain "potions of Truestrike"... Now this is just off the top of my head, so I may be wrong, but... This isn't possible because 1) Truestrike is a PERSONAL spell only and 2) You are not allowed to make potions with spells who have the PERSONAL range. This is probably why you do not see Shield potions either. Just wanted to add that.

Jairami

First Post
Calm down Carpe, I got it this time. ;)

RigaMortus, that smack was written a long time ago and that particular line has been contested a good deal. Finally, the sage (or was it monte? don't matter, keep reading for alternates) clarified that True Strike was indeed a spell you could make a potion out of and Carpe has long suggested that ioun stones or rings of spell storing would be just as effective in storing a true strike or 4 or 6.

Don' worry 'bout it mate. :)

It's rather fun to "hear" Carpe's tone everytime this question gets brought up. But don't worry too much, it's not like the search function works or that you're the only one who has made this observation.

Back to the smack.

I bet you i can get Kord Incarnet's str up by 16 points.
Here's how; Belsameth's Servant tatoo from R&R (pg 198).

It lets you choose a lycanthrope to incorperate into the tatoo, from then on you can assume that form. Choose Werebear for a +16 str. Even better is you can learn control shape skill as a class skill to avoid all the icky unwanted transformation

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
This isn't possible because 1) Truestrike is a PERSONAL spell only and 2) You are not allowed to make potions with spells who have the PERSONAL range. This is probably why you do not see Shield potions either. Just wanted to add that.

Spells with a PERSONAL range like, say, Alter Self?

Better let them know for the next DMG errata :)

-Hyp.

reapersaurus

First Post
I bet you i can get Kord Incarnet's str up by 16 points.
Here's how; Belsameth's Servant tatoo from R&R (pg 198).
I'll have to try to get a peek at that spell.
Thing is, it's distinctly 3rd party, non-core, and if I included that, I could include the Book of Eldritch Might's spell that grants a +10 inherent bonus to STR.
With that, and this lycanthrope +16??! I could get Ubaar up to around 106 or something STR! :D

Jairami

First Post
Too bad Relics and Rituals Strength of Kaduum is an enhancement bonus. Still it was fun giving it to the weretiger monk. +18 enhancement bonus to STR! Welcome to high level gaming!

Victim

First Post
No, we're talking about the Use Magic Device Smackdown, in which a bard pretends he's a 20th level wizard by using lots of scrolls, or staves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads