X-Men/X-Changed, Issue1: Trial By Fire

Radiant

First Post
-Shar
08:10
On the street in front of Frank's place

Xavier didn't have a picture of Frank and in his usual manner just counted on cerebro to find him if the need arises. He just pointed you in the general direction. Maybe he thinks your skills as a private detective work some kind of automatic power instead of causing hours of work but who knows. For some reason you could not find any official record that the guy exists. Regardless you mananged to find him in under 24 hours. Again it is morning and again you shouldn't be up at all but at least you can see the face of your "target" now. The boy is just leaving the building and heading for a black limo on the other side of the street.

-Data

The window of the car opens and you can see a blond women in her twenties, her hair bound back and wearing a drivers uniform. She smiles at you and doesn't look the least bit surprised that you are allready there.
"Yes I was waiting for you. I see you made a quick decision, that's a good attitude."
She opens the door for you.
"Come on and don't worry. I looked as unsure as you did then I was recruited."
Her voice is not the same as the one that called you on the phone.
Right at that moment a motorcicle drives around the corner.

Radiant

First Post
-Shadow, Flex
14:00
Brian's school

Flex can see the shadows leteraly flow together to form the body of a boy. Around him lie the unconscious and bleeding bodies of some other schooboys and it looks like something slashed at them with claws. Xavier is right beside you with his eyes closed, concentrating on the boy from the shadows. Then you arrived you only saw a flowing mass of formless shadow but whatever Xavier is doing it brings the mutant back to his normal state.
Sadly for you, you didn't arrive early enough to just bust into class and as the boys around you found out the hard way Brian just discovered his mutant powers.

(ooc: this play right during the background you wrote Mimic, so Xavier is currently in your mind and teaches you how to control your shadow power.)

Calinon

First Post
Radiant said:
-Shar

Xavier didn't have a picture of Frank and in his usual manner just counted on cerebro to find him if the need arises. He just pointed you in the general direction. Maybe he thinks your skills as a private detective work some kind of automatic power instead of causing hours of work but who knows. For some reason you could not find any official record that the guy exists. Regardless you mananged to find him in under 24 hours. Again it is morning and again you shouldn't be up at all but at least you can see the face of your "target" now. The boy is just leaving the building and heading for a black limo on the other side of the street.
Shar spots the exceedingly tall Frank.

Ok, that's gotta be him, she thinks to herself. Hey, maybe my PI skills are an automatic power now! she quips to herself. She comes to a stop right in front of the limo. Straightforward or mysterious... aw what the hell, I'm too tired.

"Hey, big guy," she calls in a friendly manner, pulling off her helmet and climbing off her bike. "You Frank Morrison?" she asks, stretching her arms up and cracking her back in relief. She runs her fingers through her hair to calm it down from wearing her helmet. "I'd hate to have you run off when I came all the way from Westchester in the morning rush hour just to see you," she says with a smile. "Charles never said you were loaded," she says, nodding at the car and driver.

Last edited:

Hellzon

First Post
And lo, this morning just became even more interesting. Let's see if that's good or bad. Frank leans halfway through the open window and whispers to the driver: "I know you're not the woman who just called me, but do you know if that woman over there is one of the people who I don't want to get their hands on me?" Frank leans back out and looks at the woman who just arrived, slightly confused, but intent on trying to keep her occupied while waiting for an answer from the driver.

He flashes off a smile at the woman, still holding the suitcase. "Yeah, I'm Frank. Not really that loaded though. I'm off to see a friend of mine, and he's kinda loaded. Anyway, why come that far just to see me?"

He then leans back into the car and casually says - this time in a normal tone - to the driver, "Hold it a minute, miss."

Calinon

First Post
"Yes, please do hold it a minute and don't run over my bike," Sharon says, walking past the driver. Her senses flash as she detects the mutant gene within her. She walks up by Frank and says in a quiet voice to avoid being overheard, "A friend of mine really could use your help. Some students of his have vanished, and we really could use someone with your special talents to help us find them. If you're as good as Professor Xavier thinks, this is a good shot at some... X-citement," she says with a grin.

Hah, I can be original afterall, she says to herself. Damnit, I never thought to ask if Charles even knows him. I probably lost him.

"Sorry, sport. I don't even know if you know Charles Xavier or not. I was kind of going on the assumption you did. I'd really like to go over this with you in a bit more detail if you're in the dark at all about what I'm getting at, but without an audience listening in."

Mimic

First Post
*Thump*

The body of a young man falls literally from the wall a few meters ahead of you, he lays face forward not moving for a few moments with only a haggard breathing to show that he is still alive.

He slowly pulls his arms up by his head and pushes himself into a kneeling postion. He leans forward slightly and spits blood onto the ground before looking up at the two people in front of him.

What have you done to me? Is the first thing he says.

Your taken back slightly by the sight before you. He has dark skin, darker then you have seen before but with what looks like dark splotches that randomly move and shift about but his eyes are the really disturbing feature, no pupil is noticeable, his eyes seem to draw the light into them giving no reflection what so ever and the only way to know they are eyes is the bizare red glow around the outer edges.

He manages to stand, he is pretty shaky, but before you can say or do anything he takes a step backwards. No, don't touch me. Get away from me. He backs up until he hits the wall. His clothes are torn and it looks like he is beat up pretty badly, his lip is split, one of his eyes is swelling up and by the way he is holding his side your fairly sure that at least one of his ribs is cracked if not broken.

He leans his head to the side as is listening to something only he can hear.

Mutant?

What the hell is a mutant?

This can't be happening... this isn't real... this isn't real...

The effects of the fight and the revelation is too much, he slowly slides down the wall until his is sitting, he then collapes on his side out cold.

Last edited:

Hellzon

First Post
"That's right, miss, I have no idea what you're talking about," Frank says with a smile. "A place with no audience, eh? How about my apartment?" He leans back towards the driver. "Slightly more than a minute then, I'm afraid. Sit tight, I'll be back."

Finally, I just might get an explanation to all this."Anyway, who's this Charles Xavier fellow?"

Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
-Shar, Data

Then Sharon calls to Frank the women in the car immediatly opens the back door.
"Mr Charles Xavier is a telepath who uses his power to create a highly effective and totaly loyal strike team. If you value any part of you personality you should get in right now."

Radiant

First Post
-Psyche
21:31
another namelss back alley...

Mistress Minds powers reach out before the killers can react and one of them tumbles screaming to the ground without any visible reason.
The other tumbles backwards and holds one hand at his head while he tries to stay on his feet. His eyes are wide open and he points his gun rougly in your direction.
"Oh crap, you're one of them superfreaks! Leave me alone you hear me!"
He glances backwards to see there he can run but to his credit he tries to stay between Mistress Mind and his fallen comrade.

Radiant

First Post
00:30
Danny Rand's place

Danny shurgs to Brandon.
"I know the owner, he had some trouble with local thugs once. Then I told him I have some visitors..."
He shrugs again and points at the table.
"This is what happened."
"So Angela do you feel like telling us who is after you? Don't worry you can stay here for now and whoever it is won't get far in my home but it would be a lot easier to help you if we knew what we're up to."

Remove ads