X-Men/X-Changed, Issue1: Trial By Fire

Radiant

First Post
-Flex:
5:43 and far too early to wake up...
Westchester, New York
The Xavier Institute of Higher Learning at Graymalkin Lake

Then you listen again you hear that terrible scratching again for a moment, followed by loud thump. Impossble as it seems you would say that it sounded very much like a plane has just crashlanded right UNDER the building.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Her breath was coming to her in gasps, and the muscles in her legs felt like they were burning. She used to go jogging for two miles every day, but that was before her subsequent imprisonment. Besides, a jog in the park and running in terror for ones life were hardly the same. She turned down random streets, wishing only to lose her pursuers.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Phoenix

Shortly after midnight
Some nameless alley

Iron Fist said:
"Let's be fast about this, the girl looks like she needs help and if we take too long she might run of it while we are busy. Just remember, there is no need for anyone to die. Control is everything. Are you ready?"
With that he leaps down four stories without even blinking.

’Control . . .’ Brandon thought, ‘Yeah, that’s something I’ve got a lot of . . . right.’ Iron Fist may not have blinked, but Brandon did, watching as he leapt to the ground. With a sigh, Brandon leapt off the roof as well, letting the living fire suffuse his body and carry him upon the air. Much better than the first time he flew – tripped was more like it.

Brandon was dressed in his hero costume, an orange and yellow bodysuit and an orange mask covered face much like the Lone Ranger’s mask. His blonde hair flowed freely around his head as he fell to the street. The color scheme was similar to Iron Fist’s costume, In fact it was a borrowed costume from Danny Rand. Apparently, it was based off of a foe of his that had similar powers to his. Brandon hadn’t heard of the foe, or of Iron First, really until just recently. Iron Fist had found him when Brandon was at his lowest and helped him to control his powers and the Living Fire within him through meditation and control. Only recently had Brandon started patrolling with Iron Fist – ‘Takin’ it ta the next level’ according to Misty Night.

Brandon (or rather his codename, Phoenix) abandoned his thoughts and flew toward the conflict on the street, interposing himself between the thugs and the fleeing woman. He could easily see in the darkness, the residual heat providing sufficient light for him to see. Brandon faced the thugs, hovering a few feet off of the ground and smiled – the flames in his eyes alight.

“Play time's over, boys,” Phoenix said confidently – pooling fire in his outstretched hand, “You don’t want to be playing with fire. . . might get burned.”

Last edited:

Velenne

Explorer
Man...a year off the 'long nights' and I swear I'm still hearing stuff... That couldn'tve been...naahh

Flex lays back down and tries to go to sleep, but he can't. Don't try to pass it off like another weird thing about this house! You know what you heard. You just gonna lay here, punk? Huh?

Gritting his teeth and ignoring his stomach's cries for attention, the brawny teen rolls out of bed and throws on a white bathrobe. Not because he's modest (Flex commonly shows up for breakfast in nothing but his boxers) but because he's suddenly got a chill. You nervous? Ya...ya damn right you're nervous, man. Secret elevators, people running around like pollos with their heads cut off, all serious and stuff. And I thought this place was weird before...

Without tying off his robe, Flex heads out into the halls and tries to find his way around in the dark to where he saw the others go into that elevator. Where was it? And what am I getting myself into? Maybe I should go back to bed... naaah, where's the fun in that right!? Aww man...

Radiant

First Post
-Gemini, Phoenix:

Angela suddenly sees a buring man flying above her. The thugs stops then Danny lands right between them.
The one up front draws a gun and points it at you.
"We're not scared of you superfreaks!"
Someone might even believe him if his legs would stop shaking.
One strike at the neck takes out the thug beside your partner (Iron Fists attack roll was 31) as he tries to make his way to the man with the gun and reach him before he can shoot at Phoenix.

Inititiative:
Gemini: 21
Phoenix: 13
Iron Fist: 20
Thugs: 18

-Flex
5:50
Westchester, New York

Then you reach the door to the elevator it opens up again one man tumbles out. He falls right under your arm. He is wearing some kind of uniform and then the visor falls from his head you can recognize one of the students, it is the strange guy you never saw without his shades. He looks at you and his open eyes glow slightly red but otherwise look normal.
"Flex right? There am I? I must speak with the professor."
Then he falls unconcious.

Attachments

• cyclops-returning.JPG
    cyclops-returning.JPG
    6.5 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Velenne

Explorer
Flex's first thought? What kind of &$%@'ed up, corny@$$ getup is that!?

Luckily for the unconcious man, his second thought is, Ok...professor? The Professor...um...where would he be right now...

"PROFESSOR XAVIER! HEY, WE GOT A LIVE ONE HERE!

He grabs the man up by the back of his criss-crossed yellow bandoleirs and carries him bodily down the hall, waiting for an answer. If nothing is forthcoming, he wanders and yells out until someone comes along who knows where Professor Xavier is.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
When she saw the burning man flying overhead, she paused, just staring at him. At first, she thought that somehow he had caught himself on fire and had fallen out a window. But she quickly realized that he was wearing spandex too. A burning guy who was wearing spandex was probably a mutant.

Seeing the fire reminded her of something. Hadn't she used lightening to burn Michael that one night? Could she do that again? She concentrated, trying to conjure lightening. That wasn't quite the effect she got. Instead, her form shifted to mirror that of the burning guy, flames appearing around her hands.

Radiant

First Post
-Flex
5:50
Westchester, New York

"I hear you Ben."
The Professor calls from the next room and opens the door. Then he sees Cyclops he rolls to the side with a shoked expression.
"Please bring him in, I must see if he is injured. Did he say anything?"
The unconscious man moans softly and opens his eyes. The red light you saw before is back but this time it far more intense. A second it later a bright beam of energy strikes out from him and hit you. You are smashed backwards by the beam. (total of 8 to save do you want to spenta hero point?)

Last edited:

Velenne

Explorer
"He didn't say nothing, Professor but-"

Flex takes the blast full in the chest, smashing him into the wall nearby. He collapses into a pile below.

OOC: Nah. What's my status then?

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Phoenix [Brandon Laine]

Shortly after midnight
Some nameless alley

Nameless Thug said:
"We're not scared of you superfreaks!"

Brandon laughed a casual, throaty laugh, as though he wasn’t concerned about the gun pointing in his direction. ’Only weeks ago, someone pointed a gun in my direction and I’d be freaking out,’ Brandon thought. ’Now I’m just wondering if . . . nah, gotta be honest with myself at least – if it was to protect someone, I’d probably still be in the way of a gun.’

“Not scared?!?,” Phoenix asked rhetorically, the borrowed a famous quote trying his best to get the intonation the Emperor used in Star Wars. “You should be . . . you should be . . . ’cause I’m hoping I have enough control to only hurt you – not kill you . . . don’t think I could take that . . . again,’ he finished in his head.

OOC: Brandon tries to stay interposed between the thug with the gun and the woman in the hospital gown. Brandon will fire his blast at the thug if the thug fires first.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases