X-Men/X-Changed, Issue1: Trial By Fire

Radiant

First Post
-Gemini, Phoenix:

There are allways more of these kids with superpowers. I can't help them all.
Iron fist aproaches Gemini but waits a dozen feet in front of her and offers his hand.
"Come on, you don't want to go on running like that. Whoever is after you we can keep them away."
But I can at least help this one.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Phoenix [Brandon Laine]

Iron Fist said:
"Come on, you don't want to go on running like that. Whoever is after you we can keep them away."

Brandon smiled and landed on the ground after hovering above it the last few seconds. He looked to Iron Fist and nodded, adding . . .

"I should know . . . not so long ago I was in a very similar situation to you, and Fist, here, helped me out. Now I'm out trying to help others," Phoenix said, looking from Iron Fist to 'himself.'

Dark Nemesis

First Post
She looked slowly, first at Phoenix, then at the one he had referred to as "Fist". Yes, they definitely seemed genuine. And she would definitely appreciate their help, if they could keep her from being made to go back to that horrid place.

When Fist held out his hand, she flinched instinctively, despite the fact that he was several feet away. Nervously, she wrung her hands, absently running her fingers over what looked suspiciously like bruises from restraints. But... she did need the help. Slowly, she moved foward, and took his hand. "Thank you..."

Then she shivered. It was awfully chilly that evening, and while the previous form had been very warm, what with the spandex and the fire, it only made her more acutely aware of how cold she was now, clad only in the hospital gown.

Radiant

First Post
-Flex
6:30
Westchester, New York
The Xavier Institute of Higher Learning at Graymalkin Lake

The medics are leaving again, Flex and Cyclops are back on their feet. Thanks to Prof X the visitors don't remember anything unusual.
Scott is leaning on the table. Since his visor was nothere to be found he is wearing shades and he changed out of the uniform into normal clothes. Still he looks totaly exhausted and ready to fall asleep any moment now.
"I don't know what happened Professor. The last thing I remember is that we landed on the island without any problems. Then I woke up in the jet and it was on autopilot and on its way back. I couldn't shut it of as hard as I tried so there was no way to return and see what's going on with the X-Men. Oh yeah and you know that the autopilot can't do a decent landing so it looks pretty trashed down there."
Of course none of that talk makes much sense to Flex. The Professor rolls to Scott's side and lays one hand to the back of his head.
"Just relax Scott, I'll see if there are more memories there."
The next second he falls backwards with his wheelchair and drops the ground with a scream.
Scott tries to jump up and help him but fails miserably.
"Don't worry you too I'm fine. Ben? Could you help me up and bring Scott to his room? He needs some sleep and then I will need your help with some things."
Scott clearly wants to complain and ask more questions but is far too exhausted for it.

Attachments

• cyclops.jpg
    cyclops.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Xavier.jpg
    Xavier.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
-Gemini, Phoenix:

Iron Fist hesitates a moment but then pulls of the jacked from one of the unconcious thugs and gives it to Gemini.
"Here, I think someday he will be happy that he could repay you for threatening you."
He looks to Phoenix.
"We should get her from the streets. And organize a shower and a hot meal."

Radiant

First Post
-Alicia
21:30
Firenze, an Italian restaurant

You are just about to leave the restaurant then two men in cheap suits enter.
They walk past you and they exchange a few words with the waiter in itialian.
Just as the door closes behind you someone inside shouts something and suddenly the room is filled with the sounds of gunshots. The heavy door closes and the sound is dimnished but you can clearly hear that someone in there is still shooting. And he seems to be very generous with lead as it doesn't stop.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Alicia Emmrich: Human/Female (PL5)

-Alicia
21:30
Firenze, an Italian restaurant

It takes a second for Alicia to figure out what the noise is as she has never heard the sounds of gunfire before her current streak of homelessness in New York City but luckily her body reacts faster then her mind does as she dives onto the cement.

Landing hard she lets out a grunt as he mind finally catches up, “Oh my god! That’s gun fire!” She lays on the cement frozen for a few second uncertain what to do, “Move girl or your going to die!” She does her best to scampers low to the ground. Untrained her butt sticks up in the air as her desire to move quickly overwhelms her ability to move slowly in cautiously.

Alicia heads along the side of the building in an attempt to move to the ally and out of the path of fire, “I’m going to die! I’m going to die! I’m going to die!” Alicia seems to move faster after time the same thought repeats in her head.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Iron Fist said:
"We should get her from the streets. And organize a shower and a hot meal."

"That's no problem. Off the street, warm clothes, some decent food. I think I still have my apartment, if you don't want her anywhere else . . . though I think I'll need to order some take out," Brandon replied. He looked to the woman, "Whew, you're back to . . . uh . . . you, again. So, what's your name?"

Dark Nemesis

First Post
"Thank you," Gratefully, she accepts the coat, wrapping it around her and trying to get warm once more. She listens as they discuss her, smiling faintly at the thought of a shower, warm clothes, and food. She was definitely lucky to have been found by these men.

She smiles shyly at Phoenix, and bows her head slightly. "My name is Angela. Angela Yo- er... Angela Lance." She starts to tell him her name, but changes her mind quickly, giving him her maiden name instead. If he found out she was married, he might try to contact her husband to tell him he'd found her, and that was the last thing she wanted. "And you are Phoenix? Phoenix and Fist?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Angela said:
"And you are Phoenix? Phoenix and Fist?"

"Actually, this here's Iron Fist. He has been helping me . . . like I said, I was in a similar situation to you not so long ago," Phoenix commented. He started walking in a direction different than where the thugs fled to, after checking with Iron Fist on where to head.

"And, yeah my name's Phoenix . . . but . . . if we're gonna be on a first name basis, my name's Brandon," Brandon finished, keeping his eyes open for any further trouble. He wasn't certain what Angela was running from, but he didn't think it was just some local thugs.

Last edited:

Remove ads