X-Men/X-Changed, Issue1: Trial By Fire

Dark Nemesis

First Post
"Ah. Well, it is nice to meet you, Iron Fist and Brandon," she said quietly as she followed the two of them, keeping a nervous lookout for any more thugs. She crossed her arms over her chest. That Brandon had mentioned that he was in a similar situation made her curious, but she was not about to inquire further in the middle of the street... especially if her asking meant divulging more about her own past.

Velenne

Explorer
'Ben'

It takes a moment for Flex to realize the professor was talking to him. No one calls him Ben but Xavier.

"Ya, sure. Heave 'ho, over and out." Freaking people sound like we're in the military instead of a whacked-out private school. Plane? Down there? Like in the ground and stuff!? He stoops over and effortlessly lifts the frail professor back into his chair, wrapping him with one arm while bracing him with the other.

"A'right skinny," he says, hovering over Scott, "this isn't exactly a Rolls Royce or anything so promise you won't blast me again if I bump your leg or something." He positions his shoulder as gently as he can under the wounded man's arm and lifts him up.

Radiant

First Post
-Flex
6:30
Westchester, New York
The Xavier Institute of Higher Learning at Graymalkin Lake

Scott has allready fallen asleep right there and doesn't even wake up then you lift him from the chair.
Then you return to the Professor you can just hear the last words of a conversation on the phone before he hangs up the phone.
"Thank you Jarivs, please tell Mr McCoy that I called."
He turns to you and wheels towards the kitchen.
" I fear we are on our own. There is another option and I allready know someone who can help us. What do you think of breakfast Ben? We might as well eat while we wait. And we should better have a lot of coffee ready then she arrives."
He smiles and takes the phone again.
"I am sorry this must be quite confusing to you but I promise I will exlplain everything to you soon enough. Now there did I put Sharons number?"

Radiant

First Post
-Alicia
21:31
Firenze, an Italian restaurant

As if it heard your fear one of windows shatters the it is hit by a stray shot but otherwise all the shooting remains in the restaurant. It seems to be an awfull moment. At first you hear some panicked screams and you can remember four customers sitting in there but then there is only silence.
From within you hear two calm voices.
"What about the girl?"
"The one at the door"
"Oh forgot about her. She was cute, just needed a shower."
"I didn't mean that you nut."
"What do you mean then Mr KnowItAll?"
"She probably has seen our faces."
"OH crap."
Then you hear the sound of new magazines that are slammed into a gun.

(Will save 19)

Radiant

First Post
-Gemini, Phoenix:

"Danny will do once we're of the street."
Iron fist leads you away from the scene of the fight in a hurry.
"Let's avoid you apartment, don't forget that there might be people after you too. My home seems to become a haven for runaways but I would prefet to be somethere I know is safe. Plus we can buy some burgers right around the corner."
He smiles and changes direction to get there.
Soon he climbs up a fire-escape to leave the street.
"Don't worry we're almost there."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Alicia Emmrich: Human/Female (PL5)

-Alicia
21:31
Firenze, an Italian restaurant

Alicia finds the stone masonry at the corner of the building to be reassuring as she uses it to pull herself up on her shaken legs but the comfort doesn’t last long as the voices of the robbers carries through the broken window, Oh crap! They’re coming after me!

She knows the help will be more likely to find her in the streets but so would the bullets from the bad guys. Fighting the headache and the queasy feeling she turns and sprints down the back ally hoping that they will grow tried and not chase after her.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Phoenix [Brandon Laine]

Shortly after midnight
Some nameless alley

Iron First said:
"Don't worry we're almost there."

Phoenix nodded and let Iron Fist lead, with Angela following and he kept an eye out for anyone following them. He kept rather quiet for a few moments - embarassed that he had forgotten about the trouble he was in, and the potential danger he almost put this woman into.

"I suppose we should wait until the costume is off for you to be calling me Brandon just yet," Brandon said.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Angela was not much of a conversationalist herself as they made their way through the winding streets, her thoughts on how much of a mess everything was at this moment. She couldn't return home... everyone there thought she was crazy.

Nervously, she watches as the Iron Fist begins to ascend a fire escape, and assuming she was supposed to follow, began to carefully climb up after him. At his words, she smiled nervously, relieved that they were nearly there.

Radiant

First Post
-Data:
08:00
Frank's apartment

Sometimes the rays of the morning sun are the only thing that remind you that you have been sitting in front of your screen long enough now and should consider to finaly catch some sleep.
Not that it would have been interesting but most things are boring at the moment.
Then things change...
Suddenly technical specs for some machine are running over your screen and you have no idea there they are coming from.
Then you follow them you make out some details. Laser armament, adaptive armor and most importantly DNA scanners. There is also a name above the whole thing: "SENTINEL".
Right at that moment your phone rings.

Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
-Gemini, Phoenix:
00:25
Danny Rand's place

You make your way in through the window in the roof. It still feels like in a bad tv show to do that. Fist helps Gemini down and leads her to a sofa.
"Brandon you know your way around can get something to drink? I will go find some clothes for Angela."
The whole apartment consists of only two rooms but both are pretty big and sparecly furnished to give the impression of wide open spaces.
Then he returns from the second room Danny has taken of his mask and brings a simple white training suit for Angela.
"I hope this will do for now. I think some food, a shower and sleep are what you need now. You can have them in any order you like. But I guess we should get you a warm meal first before you just drop from exhaustion."

Remove ads