Got a weird email...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I don't know whether I should make this public. What do you guys think?

Basically, this is from my contact at WotC (you know the guy I mean), and he's told me that Hasbro are selling WotC - they've been made an offer they can't refuse. He didn't tell me who it was (said it was "proprietary information"), but it is to a rival game company who have plans to make some pretty big changes (one of the suggestions was that D&D be folded into their own product line, and the name used only as a "sub-title", kinda like WotC uses "d20" now).

Anyway, my contact asked me not to tell anyone, but I'm finding it hard justifying why I shouldn't put it in the news. It's not like I have to name him, so he should be safe.

Thoughts? Anyone else heard anything like this (I know a couple of you have our own "ins" at WotC).

Last edited:

EricNoah

Adventurer
Not sure if this is related, but...

I was approached by SJG a few days ago -- seems they are extremely keen on "Eric Noah's GURPS 4th Edition News."

I wonder if Snoweel would be interested in being my new message board moderator?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
EricNoah said:
I wonder if Snoweel would be interested in being my new message board moderator?

We'd have to fight over him.

http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=80957

But congratulations! That's fantastic news. Mystic Eye Games had promised to produce a plush Piratecat doll, but I haven't heard anything in months, so the deal probably fell through. It's great to see you succeeding ever since you gave up control of this site to Morrus.

Last edited:

EricNoah

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
Mystic Eye Games had promised to produce a plush Piratecat doll, but I haven't heard anything in months, so the deal probably fell through.

If it's anatomically correct it better come with a magnifying glass! Har har!

It's great to see you succeeding ever since you gave up control of this site to Morrus.

Yeah, right, "gave up control" -- if only that whole fiasco were that simple. If he hadn't had those polaroids of me and P-Diddy and Margaret Thatcher and Keiko the Whale ... EN World would still be mine. And it would be called "E.N. World" to make it a lot more clear who wears the pants in this community.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
EricNoah said:
I was approached by SJG a few days ago -- seems they are extremely keen on "Eric Noah's GURPS 4th Edition News."
Whatever happened about the back-pay owed you for managing the 3rd Edition D&D News site? I mean, after you resigned, did WotC relent and pay up or are you still threatening the law suit?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
EricNoah said:
If it's anatomically correct it better come with a magnifying glass! Har har!

Eric, shut up. Yes, ha ha, very funny - but you've been making them now for three years, and I'm tired of tiny wee-wee jokes. You know, I *do* have feelings. Sure, I hide them and present a brave face to the word, but deep down inside? I cry. Yes, that's right, Eric. I cry, and it's like you're shedding those tears when you cause the pain.

Last edited:

EricNoah

Adventurer
Morrus said:
Whatever happened about the back-pay owed you for managing the 3rd Edition D&D News site? I mean, after you resigned, did WotC relent and pay up or are you still threatening the law suit?

Nah, settled out of court. I got what I wanted (D&D 3.5 was all about me wanting haste to get officially nerfed, plus have you seen all the books James Wyatt has worked on? That was part of the deal too.) so I just let it go, all zen-like.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases