Dice roller

axehand

First Post
Not sure if this is the right place to put this but i'll give it a try. Does anyone know if there is a dice rolling program out there that would let to people be logged on over the internet so everyone could see the die roll at the same time. I've seen programs that rolls the dice and then emails the results but that can take a while and slow down play. Just wondering thanks for any help

nopantsyet

First Post
If you have a web site that supports PHP I can give you a page I wrote that uses a REAL random number generator and can email the results as well.

tarchon

First Post
axehand said:
Did you make it or is it somewhere i could get it? If so where?
Yeah, I wrote it. I'm not sure it's up anywhere anymore, but I can put it on my website easily enough if you want it. The server (DM application) is in Java and the client (die roller) is Windows. Nowadays, you might have trouble running it through a firewall though.

tarchon

First Post
nopantsyet said:
If you have a web site that supports PHP I can give you a page I wrote that uses a REAL random number generator and can email the results as well.
That would be a reasonable solution for people with PHP-enabled webhosting.
My preferred way to do it is to run the die roller in the chat software (OpenRPG, mIRC, Netmeeting (sort of), etc.), but unfortunately we seldom ended up using chat software that could do that. We changed chat systems a lot during the game too (if WebRPG died, or Yahoo slowed to a crawl, for example), so eventually I just wrote an independent die roller, and I added dialogs with buttons for rolling common actions at some point.

axehand

First Post
Thanks for the replies. Tarchon if you could put it up there i'd like to give it a try. I've seen some of the ones that email the roll but the mail server my isp uses is kinda slow.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases