The Zombie Hunter's Handbook

talien

Community Supporter
Hi Everybody,

Once again I'm testing the waters to see if the pet project I just completed is 1) something people would be interested in purchasing, and 2) something publishers would be interested in publishing. I welcome comments from both groups:

The Zombie Hunter's Handbook is a guide for d20 Fantasy and d20 Modern. It's 60 pages of zombie hunting goodness, including nine new occupations, a new organization (The National Center for Reanimation Prevention and Control), 15 new feats, lots of stuff to blow zombies up with, new combat techniques, six new advanced/prestige classes, four new spells, madness and trust rules, five new FX items, and of course, lots and lots of zombies (over 20), including a random zombie generator. All of it is written with a sense of humor and a loving affection for all things zombie.

Interested? Anything that might be missing?

nobodez

Explorer
looks like fun, though I hope you do include all the popular zombie types, as well as maybe a zombie worshiper-esque class.

VirgilCaine

First Post
I wouldn't buy it, because I wouldn't run a zombie campaign, just as I wouldn't run a dinosaur adventure in D20 modern. It's cliche. It's been done before, and I'd like to cover new ground.

HeapThaumaturgist

First Post
I likes zombies.

If it's reasonably priced, I'd probably pick it up.

Just to support zombies.

Mmm.

Brains.

As long as they're not all those damned track-runner super-athelete zombies from the new Dawn of the Dead movie. Bleh. I like shotgunning zombies, not having them outrun my car.

--fje

talien

Community Supporter
HeapThaumaturgist said:
As long as they're not all those damned track-runner super-athelete zombies from the new Dawn of the Dead movie. Bleh. I like shotgunning zombies, not having them outrun my car.

--fje
Amen to that brother!

I wrote the zombie generator such that zombies can move at normal speed (and thus run if they're so inclined), shamble (traditional D&D zombie), move silently all the time, hop, swim, move in a fog (The Fog), or even teleport through TVs (Video Dead).

So you can have your zombies Your Way (tm). To give you an idea of how broad the topic is, the generator includes plant zombies and construct zombies -- zombies that are more created parts than reanimated tissue (very popular 50s type zombies are like that).

Dana_Jorgensen

Community Supporter
Banned
Hmmm...

Well, it is something I'd publish... provided you tossed in a short adventure involving an abandoned hospital, and a few pages on the good uses for zombification in games (carry your own dead ass back to the temple for resurrection, dammit!).

PM me or email me at djorgensen@bakabanashi.com if you'd like to discuss it.

Last edited:

kipling

First Post
talien said:
Hi Everybody,

Once again I'm testing the waters to see if the pet project I just completed is 1) something people would be interested in purchasing, and 2) something publishers would be interested in publishing. I welcome comments from both groups:

Interested? Anything that might be missing?

I'd be interested. You'd want to make sure you have enough stuff to distinguish it from Eden Studio's All Flesh Must Be Eaten, but the classes and unique items should do it.

JimAde

First Post
Ooh ooh! Don't forget intelligent self-motivated zombies (a la Pirates of the Caribbean) and semi-intelligent zombie minions like in Army of Darkness. Okay, they were mostly skeletons, but what the hey. Nothing worse than smart undead :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases